Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: does anyone else have anymore info?  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
a guy at work heard on the news this morning that they might make a bounty on coyotes... anyone else have anymore info on this? its not a for sure thing yet though

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Different counties have already done this in recent years.  I believe Swift county does this or did it in within the last few years. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I heard somthing about out by appleton in that area some were. There is a prob with them and no one is hunting them I am starting this year hope at least I see one got any good info for me 
Hunt hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe swift co. did have a bounty but not anylonger. They were the only ones doing it and therefore people were bringing in yotes from all over and run out of money fast is what I'd heard. If they really want to get people to hunt their county they should tag some after deer hunting is done and have a reward of say $500 or better for them. Do it after deer hunting though as that is when people go after them, that and you'd just be wasting money on yotes that the deer hunters would shoot anyhow.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I heard somthing about out by appleton in that area some were. There is a prob with them and no one is hunting them I am starting this year hope at least I see one got any good info for me 

They look like this and how you see one!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
if it was 500 a bounty then im damn happy that i work at a game farm and have so many of them to shoot. they are a nuisance out here(carver county) we at the farm complain about them alot but none but me do anything about them. i love coyote hunting and the challenge it brings to the table. the biggest problem i have is that they dont have to fight over food on a game farm. i mean pheasants and ducks are all over the place and enough to feed the lot. so how do i get them to come to my decoy? i have tryed several times with no success, heck i havent even seen one far off when i hunting them, but once i start deer hunting or something else i see them all over the place.

griz how much is a coyote pelt worth during the winter months?

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
There are wroth 50.00 to 60.00 Tanned, I just got two big one today at 5:30,They ware some nice one to, I also got two fox too at 40. to 50. and two big raccoon are at 35.00 this is Tanned prices. so you can look at about 17. to 20. to have them Tanny and then the shipping cost. so I will say untanned for coyote would be in the 15.00 to 18.00 Fur prices are down for the trapper but if they are Tanned is up higher,

I look at to timber wolf hides One black and a lighter Tanny in color. They was 6' long

I think I will buy the black one next week and make me a head Hat,Boots, and a pair of mitt out of it, These wolf one sale for about 800.00 to 1200.00 but I buy fur all the time,So he said he would sale it to me for the 325.00 all tanned, 

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Price depends alot on the area they come from. The ones up in NM minnesota are far better than the ones we have around here. I don't keep tabs on the yote market too much but for a good one all put up maybe $20.

Also it wouldn't be $500 bounty on coyotes just the ones that are tagged. The idea would be to give incentive for people to hunt/trap them for a particular area. When Swift county had a bounty people were collecting bounty on yotes shot all over the state. If they only paid a bounty on tagged animals they know the critter came from that area. Other than that only way a bounty works is to have it state wide. Another thought I had was you could make different values for different tags. I kinda think of the idea of as incentive tags. Heck throw a couple in the mix worth 1 and 2 thousand. That would all depend on the budget they set aside for this.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
Yotes in the green good luck finding someone to buy them.  you may get 5 bucks

Yotes put up the local buyer is paying 10 bucks

not even worth the hassle..

He is also paying 10 on a blanket beaver LOL

so the steel can hang in the shed for another year