Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear Attack  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Well here I go again. Another interesting e-mail showed up on my computer today regarding a bear attack on an airplane in Alaska. See story below.

Bear attack 2009

Apparently a bear attacked his plane while parked in a remote field up here in AK.  He had not cleaned out the inside after a long fishing trip and the bear smelled it.

He had 2 new tires,  3 cases of Duct Tape  and several rolls of cellophane delivered. Then went about repairing the plane so he could fly it home.

Gutsy to say the least.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline tmjhamann

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
that is nuts gotta love duct tape! :happy1:
Troy Hamann

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta love duct tape..... gotta love living in Minnesota!

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I watched a hunting show on Tv and the bear actually tore up this guys 4 wheeler. Bit right through the tires and ripped up the seat while he was hunting. The bait must have slopped on it a little. It was pretty funny
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
One word Fawkinnae!
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Plane is stronger now then it was, them jobs are paper thin as it is. Bet he was none to happy when he found his plane.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
guys.... I wonder if he used that gov. issue olive drab duct tape rated for 250mph... the stuff they use for emergency wing repair etc.... got a roll from a guardsman buddy once, that stuff was sweet!  Red Green would be in second heaven using that stuff.... It would even be a little more bear-proof than the membranes they use on those UL bush planes....

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
guys.... I wonder if he used that gov. issue olive drab duct tape rated for 250mph... the stuff they use for emergency wing repair etc.... got a roll from a guardsman buddy once, that stuff was sweet!  Red Green would be in second heaven using that stuff.... It would even be a little more bear-proof than the membranes they use on those UL bush planes....
Had some of that, we would cut it with an axe  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!