Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team #5  (Read 3774 times)

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Finally got on the board fellas, knocked a doe down last night at 70 yards with my muzzleloader hunting in season 3B.

Nothing special, and I will have to take a picture today with my weapon and the hanging carcass due to the weather being a little warmer than I would have liked last night. (as long as the judges allow it, I could throw the pelt in there too! :rotflmao:)

TMJHAMMAN/JOE...how are you guys doing?
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
TMJHAMMAN/JOE...how are you guys doing?

Congrats on the doe!  Unfortunately I'm buck only this year.  I've seen a LOT of does but haven't gotten a shot at a buck.  I plan to get out to the Lac qui Parle area for the muzzleloader season though.  My brother's got some trail cam pics of some very nice bucks on his property.  Though I didn't see any of them during the last weekend of slug season I'm optimistic they're going to show themselves once the weather turns a bit colder. :happy1:

Joe
« Last Edit: November 11/23/09, 02:25:21 PM by JoeFisherman »

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Alot of my friends down here have resorted to using their muzzleloaders with a scope during shotgun. Over the years they have gone from driving around/pushing deer, to stand hunting and it seems to produce more for them.

Good luck Joefish, hopefully I can tack on some more points Wed. as I have the day off.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
22lex, congrats on the nice doe.  I know it's important to skin and cool the deer when it's warm.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Well guys, sat out all day on Nov. 25th.

Had an opportunity to shoot a mature doe in the morning, but passed 'cause I really wanted to see some horn. Then at about 8 a.m. a nice tall tined ten pt. walked the cornfield edge just to the south of me at around 200 yds away. Too far of a shot through trees, so I didn't even get up.

In the evening I had another doe come by me, but realized it was a button buck so let him go. Lastly at 20 minutes before dark a real small eight walked by me at 30 yards, but was way to small to shoot. The farmers around this area are realling starting to whack out the corn, so the deer are traveling all over to get at those fields.

The last front that came through here really produced alot of action. Hopefully tomorrow in the a.m. I will connect on a doe/and or a decent buck.

Good luck.
-WC Fields

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Attaboy lex!  :happy1:

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Been pretty tough hunting down here getting on top of any animals. Had to change three stands around for the rest of the bow season.

Had my one and only chance at a "dandy" on Sunday morning. 145 yds through the woods downhill with my muzzleloader. I passed as i didn't think the success rate was very high, and snuck out of there knowing exactly where he is bedding.

I was really cold, and there were just too many variables to make me miss so I passed. He was a big ten well past his ears and hopefully I can get a closer shot with my bow. He was following a doe and a fawn.
-WC Fields

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll bet seeing that buck warmed you up some.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Actually made me colder 'cause I had to watch him for a half-an hour all the while gripping my gun getting ready for a shot. After a couple deep breaths I settled myself down and stopped the shaking. I had him in my sights, I just couldn't see a happy ending with a downhill shot and all those branches. That made my season having such a nice buck near my area following a doe. I can't imagine that buck will be following her this next weekend, as her time to breed will more than likely be over with.

I was dissapointed that the yearling didn't come closer as I would have given her the lethal lead injection for some venison.
-WC Fields

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I'm all tapped out fellas. Went out last weekend Sat. in the am (nada), and Sunday in the afternoon to take down a stand, and sit for the last time of the year. Not much movement either spot I went to, and the fresh snow covered up any and all trails I could have used to ambush 'em coming to the cut corn.

I was happy with this years spoils. One doe for the freezer, numerous small bucks passed on, and one dandy buck at a distance.

Time to hit the hardwater. Good luck to ya if you sit for the last weekend!
-WC Fields