Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Which Portable???  (Read 1707 times)

Offline indyefi500

• Outdoorsman
 :help:
I am getting a new portable(thank you honey!).  I need something that will fit me and my two small kids but I know they won't stay this size long.  I am currently thinking the Clam 6800 or the Clam Denali 4.  Any thoughts for anything else??  Don't get me going on the new Clam pop ups.  Even the Clam rep didn't get very far with me on those.  I am also kind of limited on size by my trailer.  I don't have a pickup so haul with my 4x10 trailer which also has to include the wheeler.  Trying to stay under about 24 inches tall when in transport mode.  I appreciate the input and ideas I get.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd get the Denali IV for sure!   :happy1:  Plenty big enough for you and the family-or you and some fishing buddies!  You're a lucky man to have a very generous wife like that!  :bow:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/09, 07:54:02 PM by Jeff »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Your best bet is to sit in each one at a sporting goods store to make your decision. Fleet farm has quite a few up.I prefer the sled types so I can have all my stuff in one pile. If I cannot pull it easy by hand or trailer it with a sled or atv it is no good to me.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken has a great point! The biggest problem with "pop-ups" is  when u are out on the lake and there is limited to no snow and the wind is blowing , once you set it up it acts like a sail! (I have had a few earlier childhood experiences of sliding accross the lake in the house as my dad tried to drill the holes) I currently have a Team wild flip over and love it! (but it wont fir all 3 of ya )
I thinkn the Denali would be ur best bet.
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline indyefi500

• Outdoorsman
Next question is the reason I was thinking of the 6800.  My daughter is about as big around as a tooth pick.  Thus, she gets cold fast when outside even with layers and good clothes.  That is why I was thinking the pop up since the 5600 I had was much warmer and easier to heat than my prior flip over.  How hard do you think it would be to heat the large area of the Denali?  I could build platforms like I know many people have that would help but how much weight does that add if you are pulling it by hand? 

I have sat in both and like both.  I already have the Clam chairs so I know I would be comfortable in the 6800.  If I do go with the Denali, I'll have a bunch more stuff to get rid ot that's for sure.  Thanks guys.