Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Got on the ice today!  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally got out on a few Elysian area lakes today and there was anywhere from 2 - 4 inches in the bays . I didn't venture too far out into the main lake because it didn't look the best.
Few pics from today:

First fish on the new tip up!

Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Be careful Drummer... I do not want to read about you in the news.

:popcorn:

Offline fishingnut57

Haven't seen anyone out in the Albert Lea area yet but am going to check a shallow spot with a spud after the storm blows over. New to the forum, just found it when I was googling ice fishing, hello everyone

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome Fishingnut  ::welcome::

This storm is going to be a doozy, Im guessing you are getting the grunt of it right now!  We are expected 6-10 inches here in Winona and that will slow my getting on the ice!
Good luck fishing if you get out there in the next couple of days and be sure to let us know how you do.  Its refreshing to have another southerner!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Haven't seen anyone out in the Albert Lea area yet but am going to check a shallow spot with a spud after the storm blows over. New to the forum, just found it when I was googling ice fishing, hello everyone

Welcome top the site!

Hope you enjoy and if you don't let us know how we can improve  :happy1:

Its a pretty decent place though with some good people.
 ::welcome::

Offline fishingnut57

Thanks, will give a report on ice conditions down here when I check it out. Snow is just starting good here, now what I wanted to see before we got some safe ice but should be good for on foot sometime next week as long as you choose your spots.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: fishingnut! I have a few people telling me that the snow is getting blown off the lakes in most spots so that should help!

Offline fishingnut57

The lake I usually fish is right in town and protected from the wind for the most part. We have a foot of snow on top of 2-3" of ice so conditions on Fountain will be poor all winter I am thinking. Have a couple of shallow lakes in northern Iowa I like to fish that are out in the open so hopefully conditions will be better on those.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I drove by Madison today but didn't have time to stop. the up wind side of the lake has a few drifts but other than that it looks like just a light blanket of snow out there. Ill be on a shallow lake on Sunday and ill report back!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I FINALLY got out on the lake today!!  It was a pretty slow evening, I couldnt get out there til 3:45, but we caught a few sunnies right away and then we switched to pimples and had 1 bite.  Earlier in the day my buddy caught a few nice 30+ pike on his tip up and a nice bass.  No Walleyes tonight, hopefully I can get out again soon!   :happy1:
DAMN WORK! 

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I FINALLY got out on the lake today!!  It was a pretty slow evening, I couldnt get out there til 3:45, but we caught a few sunnies right away and then we switched to pimples and had 1 bite.  Earlier in the day my buddy caught a few nice 30+ pike on his tip up and a nice bass.  No Walleyes tonight, hopefully I can get out again soon!   :happy1:
DAMN WORK! 

Down on the Mississippi backwaters, or inland lake?
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Inland lake!  Lake Winona (small side).  I will be trying to back waters after Christma, I have alot going on right now, I just cant find time right now!  But after Dec 28th, ill be out pretty much everyday!