Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: COYOTE HUNTEN  (Read 2966 times)

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  :snow5: Going to start predator hunting do any of you got a list of things I would need and what kind of cover calls and such. I have had 3 or 4 calls but some how there all gone the wife dont know were thay went YA right
Hunt hard, Shoot straight, Kill clean!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well here is the list of things I take out.

1.  243 on a bi-pod with 58 grain Hornaday Bullets
2.  White camo bibs and jacket
3.  Old Johnny Stewart tape player (I highly recommend a Foxpro caller)
4.  A mouth call (don't remember the name)
5.  one of those little squeaker kids toys
6.  White camo face mask

I can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The rifle looks like I am using my 7mm rem mag mostly going using my shot gun lets get up close and personal. Just got a new rifle this year and working on a reloading press so monney is tight. Got all the camo bibs and mask got a hand held call. I play with it down at the MN river works good and of cores I robbed my kids toys what about a party noise maker new years eve aitn far away  vary raspy were can I go close to bloomington? were it is legal

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i use my 30-06 with a 55 grain remington bullet. on shooting stick
johnny stewart call
fox decoy on the edge of the feild closer to me and a hawk decoy sitting closer to my rabbit motion decoy(i know alot of decoys there, outside of the game farm they are deadly) i have had alot of yotes go straight for my fox decoy then the rabbit(enemys) yotes are very territorial animals and will go after every other yote and fox decoy, to fight over the rabbit decoy and will respond fast to keep it away from the hawk or owl

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Another little trick that works. Before dawn howl at them just to locate them. Then once thay respond you can move in closer with the other calls. I have used my own voice but the volume is pretty poor when your trying to locate yotes up to 3-4 miles away. Usually not that far but quite often. Nowdays you can buy howling calls for this but yrs ago just used an old police siren. This method works best with little to no wind.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info I was out bow hunten deer yesterday xmass eve morn. in that deep fresh snow. What a blast I LOVE IT had to use snow shoes 5 hours on them my legs are shot. didnt see any deer but I stalked a silver coyote for 5 min. Dam that thing was big got with in 45 yards used the cover and wind to do it. It had no clue I was there it just walked away. No it is'nt leagl were I was at. I was at full draw 2 times that was hard to pass up a bubble lung shot. I gess I am better at stalking than I thought. If I can keep this up Ill do good. Shoot gun and .06 is what iam goen to use I am going to start going down to the river and practice callen. Should be a lot of fun scaring all them city folk walking there dogs LOL
« Last Edit: December 12/25/09, 10:28:46 PM by cva54 »

Offline cva54

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
what kind of contry is ever boby in open or what?