Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: tim or mike! for gov.?  (Read 4974 times)

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 :-\ with out being a rep. or a dem. how will M.N.O. support our next candidates for state governor? both candidates say nothing about minnesotas future of hunting, fishing or any other outdoor activity. lets hear some thoughts from real sportsmen and sportswomen.? ???? :-\ :-\
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
TPAW has stood behind us at the rally and wants dedicated funding passed, but we all know how Sen. Johnson and his cohorts stabbed us in the back at the last session.

Hatch scares me,  We all know he put up that lawsuit with the Dakota's but I don't know of a single sportsman group that was involved and/or supported Hatch over this issue.

My vote goes to TPAW
A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on...is that our ONLY choices?  That's the best we can do?  I'm not much for Pawlenty; it was because of him that my wife had to quit daycare, they cut the daycare assistance families could get, therefore enrollment dropped, and she could no longer stay open!  Sure it wasn't just because of him, but HE signed the bill! Not to mention the education cuts he implimented! 

And Hatch-well he's a lawyer; and we know what that means. :-\

I'll probably write in Spinach or Mayfly for gov!!  ;D

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D HEY THIS HAS STARTED OUT GOOD FOR THE 2 REPLYS SO FAR,? LETS GET SOME GOOD GRIPES AND SOME BAD REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR TIM OR MIKE!? ???
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Not Mike Hatch, too many allegations against him for being a backstabber, harda$$ and a hard person to deal with. true or not true, there are just too many bad stories and allegations against him as the Attorney general, granted a person in his current position will always be perceived in a bad way.

Hatch has put the hammer down on the Mortgage business, one of the most recent is the Ameriquest deal, this is one of the few things that Hatch actually made a positive difference on. Ameriquest was found guilty of inflating the values of homes, falsifying borrowers income and writing fraudulent loans. Hatch was the person to step up and bring this large company to its knees, I do applaud him for this. I've been in the Mortgage business long enough to know that this stuff does happen, not only with Ameriquest but many others...... One of the main reasons for the mistrust today.

Like I said in the beginning of my reply, too many allegations towards Hatch for me to trust him.

With that being said, I still believe Hatch will win, Pawlenty has been there and has put a bad taste in too many peoples minds with the Health Care issues and others.

Like Woody said, I think I'll vote for myself.

I promise to make Pheasant opener, Fishing opener and Firearms season a National paid holiday. I will raise the minimum wage to $10 per hour, have free medical coverage for all Minnesota residents, lower all property taxes by 50% and designate all gas stations to have free gas on fridays. While were at it, lets go ahead and remove all Packers and Bears fans from the State of Minnesota. ;D

Oh I forgot, free beer for anyone wearing a Fawkinnae article of clothing at all liquor stores or bars in Minnesota.

MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D :laugh: Hatch mite be a hardass, but at least he is the hardass to get it done .for you can,t please all the people all the time. and YES i do belive he to will beat pawlenty by a good margin.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
While I pretty much agree with most of Spinach's ideas:

"I promise to make Pheasant opener, Fishing opener and Firearms season a National paid holiday. I will raise the minimum wage to $10 per hour, have free medical coverage for all Minnesota residents, lower all property taxes by 50% and designate all gas stations to have free gas on fridays. While were at it, lets go ahead and remove all Packers and Bears fans from the State of Minnesota.

Oh I forgot, free beer for anyone wearing a Fawkinnae article of clothing at all liquor stores or bars in Minnesota."

There are a couple I would like to address/modify.

1. Raising Minimum wage.? I don't agree with it, as it forces employers to charge more for their goods & services.? Aren't we paying ENOUGH for everything already?? Also, unless you're union or have a very generous boss/company-you most likely won't get a cost of living increase to coincide with the raising of the minimum wage!?

2.? Free Gas on Fridays.? I'd like to modify that to Gas prices will NEVER again exceed $2.00/gallon as long as the oil companies continue to turn over multimillion dollar quarterly profits!?

As for everything else-sounds good to me!? Especially the Fawkinnae part......FAWKINNAE RIGHT!? <----- (campaign slogan?)
 ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I have issues with both candidates but I think Pawlenty has got it all wrong when he thinks his only responsibility is to not spend money. I don't have a problem with the government spending money - I just want them to spend it wisely. Especially with regard to schools and transportation. 

Now the Spinach/Mayfly for governors ticket features bold leadership,  outdoors passion and occasional hijinks - what could be better.  Does anyone have a good close-up photo of Spinach and Mayfly you can send me?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Duh...  doug@fawkinnae.com
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I'm sure you could hijack a couple pics from the site here.

I don't follow politics as much as I should/could, the problem is it bores me to death. I like listening to the debates, but at the end of the day I'm just too damn tired to find time to follow politics. It seems that most people base there decision on some personal experience, as evidenced above. I'm sure I'm no different, but politics and government have just become so big that the amount of info a person would need to sift through to make an informed decision seems overwhelming. Honestly I'm tired of the "He said, She said " crap. I just want to know where each candidate stands on the issues.

As it stands right now, I feel T-Paw is the lesser of two evils.

Good Luck :)
« Last Edit: October 10/04/06, 04:51:47 PM by MetroJoe »
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's something different but with a nice ring to it.

how about governor GRIZ? ;D ???
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 :) HEY GRIZ! SMG is suposed to run for gov, we cant endorse two candidates for gov. inless we divulge our party!? are you running under the fishing party or the hunting party? i will be the first to divulge my party, i am a hunting fisherman !? ;D? :laugh:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought SMG was a wisconsonite?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
hey griz, NEW BLOOD! that way they give us what we want instead of what they want from us!? what are you going to give the hunting fisherman party for my vote? ;D? :laugh:

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
"1. Raising Minimum wage.  I don't agree with it, as it forces employers to charge more for their goods & services.  Aren't we paying ENOUGH for everything already?  Also, unless you're union or have a very generous boss/company-you most likely won't get a cost of living increase to coincide with the raising of the minimum wage!"

Minimum wage?

Funny how they always want to start at the bottom.

I have had several bosses who would think just like that.

b1tch about raising the Min. wage and he buys a new pickup, new Suburban and a new snowmobile in one week.

lives in a huge house and his brother who is half owner was building a new 1/2 million dollar home on the lake.

Just how the he11 is a young person supposed to pay rent, lights, food, insurance, Etc.  on less then 6 bucks an hour?

when I see the business owners struggling to make ends meet, driving the same car or truck for a number of years, working long hours alongside his/her workers, Etc. Then I will agree with holding the Min. wage where it is.

Places who pay Min. wage...try Wal-Mart...who's family members are among the 10 richest in the world. Cry me a river!!!

Becoming kings on the backs of the poor and elderly.

Those elderly people who greet you at Wal-Mart, their not their because Wal-Mart treats them so well. Their there because they can't aford to live. Isn't that a great thing?

This is how the richest country in the world treats it's elderly. This is how the Bush Tax breakes for the rich have taken care of programs that would have helped these elderly people get through their so called Golden Years.

Golden years!!! Ya Right

My parents make about $2500 bucks a month on retirement/Social Sacurity. Between utility bills health insurance and perscrition drugs. They have NOTHING left to live on.

Pawlenty and Bush who they and I voted for, has really taken it too us rural people. Most of the Manf. jobs have left for China and other cheap labor Countries

Why don't you take a look at the house forclosures in local papers. My parents get the Dakota County tribune. Every week there's around a 100 homes on forclosures. Thats just one small paper. How many do you think there is in the entire Twin cities every week, not to mention state wide. Can you say 1000s every week?

For those well to do people, who thinks things are going so well. I say ya, for the over $200.000 dollar income. Thanks to Bush and Pawlenty.

I'm voting all new blood in!!!

If they don't perform. I'll vote against them also.

I'm tired of being lied too.

I'm tired of pass the buck/fault politicians.

I'm tired of listening to negitive political adds on my TV

I'm tired of the ME, ME, Me crowd

I'm tired of the greed instilled in everybody/kids these days.

It's time again to care more about your nieghbor and fellow American, instead of just themselves alone. Many people in this country don't even know their nieghbors, many have lived next to them for years and don't even know who they are. Too involvolved in building their own kingdom.

I voted to save my gun rights for last two elections. I voted to stop giving free support to dead beats, boarder jumpers and the likes. I didn't know they would include every low income person in the country, like our elderly parents.

Ok I'm done, I'll get off this soap box.

I guess you know, I'm not voting old timmy boy. He's been Bsing us too. I stood and listen to him on our state capital steps at the Duck Rally...Blah, Blah, Blah... all I got was more expensive hunting, fishing, snowmobile,ATV and other Lic. cost and lower bag limits, smaller slot limits and more restrictions.

Great job Tim! NOT

There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D? ??? HEY BUFFLEHEAD! that is some thought !!!! and it sounds good, but how many people do you think will listen ?? many i hope ! NEW BLOOD , is a good start and one term limit also , but if they do a good job for whom ever, they could be relected as a write in? by popular vote ( maybe, if the electroil collage is abolished ) then we could vote again like the way it was ment to be" BY THE PEOPLE "

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i agree with the new blood idea, but hatch isn't going to be any better.  I would go independent, i don't think enough people will to get it done... and if thats the case, i'd take the lessor of two evils in hatch and pawlenty and that would be pawlenty.  It sucks, but thats the cold hard facts.  Me personally, I am better off with him instead of hatch.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D well it looks like the BULL DOG bite the POLE CAT in the ash in last nites debates!  and the low ip poindexter was left a little in the dust with a last minute ditch at both parties  to bite at each other and hope for a fight to the end.  ???  :laugh:

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota Republicans and the party as a whole have become libs (spend like drunken sailors, refuse to veto spending increases, and  come up with huge spending increases).  Who do you vote for when conservatism has been abandoned by the Republicans?  A party is not a movement or a religion (at least if you are conservative).  The Republicans need to get to it's roots or lose it's base!