Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ice fishing wheres the fish in anoka county or around  (Read 3085 times)

Offline coolhandrand

any good crappie holes in or around anoka county

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
any good crappie holes in or around anoka county

Ive been wondering the same thing for years, the fishing hasnt been too promising around the cities.  Lake Owasso and Johanna have been alright over the years but I havent fished them in a few.  I have also fished Moore lake and Long lake and they dont have much else other than small bluegills and crappies and the occasional pike & bass.
The things about Owasso and Johanna (They are both in Ramsey county) is that you can catch the occasional Walleye and they can get decent size.
This is all from a few years ago, im not sure about recently, the lakes around the cities can change in a year with all the stuff going around with them.  White bear lake can be pretty good for panfish, crappies can be few and far between, but bluegills are all over the place.  They also do a nice job of stocking walleyes in that lake.
OR I think it would be worth taking a 15-20 minute drive out of the cities and hit up some lakes just out of the suburbs.  Personally I havent fish any lakes in the surrounding areas, but I have a feeling they would be more promising than city lakes!
HOPE THIS HELPS, Good luck, and let us know how you do.  Im from Fridley, so I would be interested in your findings!

Offline jena2010

• Outdoorsman
The only way to have a kick ass ice fishing trip is to come up too gods country aka lake of the woods!  You will come back every year guaranteed good fishing and fun! With friends or family, Fish on!