Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Soft plastic recycling  (Read 1143 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Most people would get upset it they see a guy pitch his pop,beer can or bottle over the side of his boat.  Many fishermen will just toss the busted up beat up twister tails over the side.  It is kind of like dumping you ashtray in a parking lot.  Dead bass have been found with globs of soft plastics lodged in the intestinal tracs.  I am sure it is rare but it does happen.  My point is you can recycle plastisol.  If you have a favorite color tail.  When it is used up toss it in a container.  You can purchase molds or make your own to reproduce the tail.   Warm it up in a microwave and pour new ones.  Turn the used up ones in to your local bait shop. I will come pick them up.  Plastisol is expensive.   I don't think this will work with gulp.  That stuff when dry is like cornflakes on a cereal bowl.  Any other soft plastics save em and turn the back into what they were. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Nice post Doctor!
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It is kind of like dumping you ashtray in a parking lot.

OK, now you've touched on one of my pet peeves.  From my daily commute to from work it would appear most people don't use ashtrays anymore.  Just toss that ol' but out the window.  To me that says a lot about the character of the driver.  Anyway, if you've ever walked along the river bank near downtown after a good rain, the beaches are solid cigarette butts as far as you can see, I presume washed down the city storm drains.  Absolutely sickening.  Anyway, I guess my point being if you can't teach people to keep their trash inside their vehicles, how are you going to convince them to recycle their bait rather than throwing their trash over the side of the boat(even easier than rolling down the window and tossing out a butt)?  I'm not saying all these people tossing butts are fisherman, just that people in general are inconsiderate slobs.  OK, now I'll get down from my high horse.  I apologize for the rant.

Recycling your plastic lures is a great idea BTW. :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/10, 05:58:39 AM by JoeFisherman »