Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Spring trappin  (Read 1627 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that season on things other than beaver are over, how many are going trappin yet? Spring opens up other things. Once the frost is out gophers are diggin, ice out leaves many aquatic creatures to be trapped. Just wondering if how many others are out still trappin?

That's the great thing about trappin it's open all yr, at least the way I see it. Twelve months outta the yr there is something to trap. Different critters which require diff equipment and techniques but one can still trap and hopefully make a few bucks doing it. Reminds me of fishing in ways, seasons open an close but always something to catch.

Also spring brings other outdoor activities such as shroomin particularily the moral.

No need to sit around inside.
« Last Edit: March 03/24/10, 08:25:37 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yes, it is now that time of year!  Time to put up the conibears and pan traps, and haul out the death clutches!  I started the boys out setting their own and digging the holes out themselves.  They had a blast and an hour later we hauled in our first catch!   The house dog got into the action as soon as we released the critter!

First 8 hours we had 3 gophers in our 4 traps. :woot: