Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trout Fishing  (Read 3579 times)

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I just bought a new pair of waders so ive been breaking them in.  Ive been out fishing quite often these last few weeks, we hit up Lanesboro and Chatifeld last week.
Ive been out to one of the local stream around Winona the last few days and have caught atleast 10 each day, today I caught 15.  I like to get out there for atleast a couple of hours.    All the fish are pretty small, but they are abundant (ive seen larger ones chase and/or miss), the biggest landed has been around 13", I did catch a nice 10" brookie today.  Here are a few pictures.  Im probably going to try around Rushford this weekend, there are so many darn streams down here I dont know what to do with myself
Its been nice all week, and the scenery is just great.  Cant beat all the peace and quiet and the good fishing is a plus too.
 :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Beautiful natural looking fish Mtcommer! It's nice to see some trout pics on the site for a guy who grew up doing it in all of the areas you speak of.

Shoot me a pm and I'll give you some info. for a couple areas to take away some legwork.

Here's a couple from one of the only times I have gotten out before kid#2 comes.

Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow you guys-those are some purdy fish!   :happy1:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice pics Alex.  Ditto to the fishing pictures, That middle one especially, VERY NICE FISH!!  It seems that not alot of people utilize the great fishing in their backyard - but its good for the guys that do fish.  There are so many trout streams down here.  I never plan on keeping any of them, even if I do catch one over 16" - they are just the most beautiful fish to catch and they can put up a nice fight!  The only time I will keep one is if I plan to put in on my wall   :happy1:
Ill shoot ya a PM and milk ya for all your wisdom!

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Nice pics Alex.  Ditto to the fishing pictures, That middle one especially, VERY NICE FISH!!  It seems that not alot of people utilize the great fishing in their backyard - but its good for the guys that do fish.  There are so many trout streams down here.  I never plan on keeping any of them, even if I do catch one over 16" - they are just the most beautiful fish to catch and they can put up a nice fight!  The only time I will keep one is if I plan to put in on my wall   :happy1:

The middle one was pushing 17/18 inches and all girth! Nice female and the otheres we caught that day were all between 12/16.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op

Fire me an e-mail, check my user name and send it to that one.

-Alex
-WC Fields