Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tournaments + 2 jobs= busy busy busy  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
First off I would like to apologize for not having enough time to make posts on the site.
I am making a great effort to fullfill my duties on the site. There has been way too much goin on in my life that it ate up all my time. This is a drama free zone so we wont get into it! lol

OK, back to fishing reports! I have had crappie tournaments the last 2 weeks on local lakes and although we didnt place we were very close and did alot better than last year . We are finding all species of fish bunched together and the last few days with the cold temps they have been really really deep. The best way to catch em is throw out a small jig n a minnow and slowly jig it or drag it. when the pike n eyes come by the school of pannies the bite just dies for 30 or so minutes. the water temp has fallen from 61.5 to 54 degrees since thursday and the fish completely move locations! Last week there was a good trolling bite with small salmos and raps in 20 - 15 fow, after thursday cold front they shut down hard!

today for mothers day I took my mom and dad out in the boat (mom hasnt been out in a boat for almost 8 years) mom even caught some fish! The hawk is having some engine issues for some reason and have to get it fixed asap. (over heats while running at low rpms for a small period of time) oill level is full so can't be that.

If anyone is looking for a good meal of pan fish this is the best time to get out and get at em. when the weather comes back around there will be another big big push shallow to spawn , all the fish we caught lately have eggs in them. (ready to pop) and the males are very black from making beds so they are out deep to get the females to bring them "to bed".
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Nice report JD :happy1: Keep um comming when you can. Could you have a bad oil injector? Water pumping steady?
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
The manual says the siren sensor is only for oil level low or over heating . water stream is very good. i sucked some junk up on the Sippi a few months ago but i cleared the line and worked normal after that. idk whats going on with it.
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!