Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: dads plot  (Read 1734 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Wide spot in the trail that is being turned into a new clover plot.      The picture is taken facing south.  Halfway through the plot there is a big trail coming from the bedding area.  A spot for a quick bite to eat before heading for a drink at the pond.

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
There another good example of space going to good use. Will you have a camera there this year so we can see your deer?
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I don't like putting a cam near the property line.  So no, there wont be a cam on this plot.  I do have a cam about 30 yards away next to the mineral site and pond.

To the left side in the picture, which is to the east, is the non-hunting neighbors land.  It was logged off 4 years ago and is thicker than the hair on a labs back.  I got permishion to look for sheds this spring and did a little bit of scouting.  There was still snow on the ground which showed me that the deer were using this as a bedding area.  I counted over 100 beds on a south facing slope. 
I do plan on bowhunting near this food plot but only if the wind is perfect.

I did find this shed.  Not huge, but still pretty nice.  I didn't have a single pick of this deer.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Now that looks Good! I love those hidden kill plots and so do the deer! Keep the pics coming on here!
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!