Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report 5-29-10  (Read 1609 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Didn't have anyone to fish with on Saturday so I asked my four year old Lizzy if she wanted to go. She was all excited and really wanted to go. I had told a buddy I would meet him and his friends there and show them some spots. I didn't plan on fishing to hard core since I had Lizzy with me.

She woke me up at 7 AM and told me it was time to go fishing. Before I got out of the bathroom she was ready to go.

We got down to Prescott at 8 AM and launched the boat. Got to my first spot and my buddy was already there as I told him where to go. They had one in the box already. Lizzy and I put some rods down, one lindy and one jig for me and a lindy on her Barbie pole. Didn't take long and I had a fish on the jig. I set the hook and gave it to Lizzy and she reeled in her first ever Walleye!!

We trolled around a little in that spot and didn't get much more so we went down stream a little to show them another spot. Mainly sheep heads and small sauger there. So we headed up the Croix. I pointed out a couple of spots along the way and then settled in front of the Bluffs. Caught a few more fish there but it was getting pretty warm by then and Lizzy just wanted to "Go Fast" and help me drive the boat. Saturday wasn't about catching fish for me, it was about spending time with Lizzy. So we packed up, said good bye to my buddies and other folks in boats I know in that area and headed back down tot he launch. She got to drive a little and loves moving across the water. Heard from my buddies that ended up catching quite a few fish. Only a handful of keepers but had action all day.

We got home just before noon and decided to go see Shrek. Again, this day was about Lizzy and I. So we went to Shrek and had some fun there. We came home and it was time for some swimming and playing with our water toys. We had some friends over and had a good time in the yard. She and her friend Jameria decided they wanted a sleepover and we are always happy to have kids over. So they played for a few hours and then sacked hard.

It was a great start to the weekend for us!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.