Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Virginia-Area Trip Planning Help  (Read 1955 times)

Offline joshdude

Hi Minnesotans.

Registered here seeking help in planning a trip, because admittedly I have no clue of anything outside of the metro area, cloud, and GW State Forest.

Here's the deal: My friend and I (and two lovely ladies - oh we're all in our early 20's I should add since that adds to the excitement) have rented a villa at Giants Ridge (Virginia, specifically Biwabik) for four days. We're outdoorsy (as are the women), and we know that going way up there yields a lot of things to do outside. We all want to go canoeing, kayaking, fishing, whitewater rafting, maybe even rent a boat. But we're stuck in the process of planning it all, since none of us have a canoe, kayak, or a raft. It'd be great if we had the ability to splurge and go to Gander and outright buy everything we want to do, but I'm sure (hoping, really), that there are some places to rent said things way up 'dere in the sticks.

So what I'm basically asking is where should we go, what should we do, and how do we make this worthwhile (besides bringing the ladies, of course).

Thanks dudes,

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Sorry I just saw this post.  If you still need help let me know. I might be able to give you some helpful information.  I just returned from Giants ridge.  It is a fantastic area and you will not run out of things to do.  Have a great time.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.