Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report 6-26-10  (Read 1726 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Rui and I hit the river about 7 AM this morning. We went to one of the flats I normally fish and were met by River Dan shortly after getting there. Caught a few bass but no walleye. The fish were stacked down there but just couldn't get a big. We were using mainly lindy rigs and Rui was doing some jiggin' as well. After a little time spent there we moved up to some rocks. Again, fish were stacked but only managed some sheep heads and white bass. So we moved again. Once again, the fish were stacked but nothing going, it was pretty frustrating.

So we moved down to the confluence and went to work on hand-lining the channel. Once again the Bleeding Chartreuse was a good choice. We got a couple of white bass to start off with. Then we came around a pylon for the bridge and there was a small boat. I moved out to avoid him but once we were about 200' away he started yelling. I stopped, pulled up my hand-line and turned the boat around. Rui had caught a stick that the guy with his jig was attached to. So we motored back and Rui untangled him. The guy starts yanking his rod while Rui was trying to untangle. I yelled to let it set until we were done. The dude starts cussing us out for hooking and dropped all kinds of F-bombs at us with his kid in the boat. We got it unhooked and turned to fish again. He reeled in and started yelling that he had to re-bait the hook and dropped more F-bombs at us. If you are going to anchor in the channel, here's a clue, don't let out 200' of line!!!

So we kept working the channel and ending up picking up a couple of nice saugers. It was a goood day on the river, was nice once the breeze picked up a little. Hand-lining is a very good technique once we get into this time of year. You are usually going to pick up some fish with it even on the tough days of fishing.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny how mad some people get over accidental things. Would be different if you were casting at him and hooked his line.