Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: whats your pet peeve?  (Read 3848 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
While fishing it has to be garbage in the lake Followed closly by the idiot at the boat ramp who loads his fishing stuff into the boat at the dock instead of while they were waiting their turn.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine for fishing is the guy who can plainly see you casting in on a weedline but still cuts inside you anyway. (usually the guy with the 20,000+bass boat)

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My top 5
1. People leaving garbage on the ice.
2. People that feel the need to fish on top of you when theres a whole lake available.
3. Rec. boaters that have no common sense.
4. People that leave perfectly good fish on the ice.
5. People that take their sweet time loading their boat.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Has to be the  :censored: left behind by people ice fishing.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My biggest would be on public land while duck hunting... Your working in a flock of ducks, and the guy across the pond is calling them away from you, and then sky blasts them. No ducks for either party. Courtesy! As well as people who shoot before shooting time to get their one duck, then clears out the whole pond and wrecks a perfectly good roosting spot.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i have a few
1. ppl leaving junk on the ice
2. ppl that take there sweet time loading there boat at a busy access(why i like small lakes)
3. ppl that will do everything in there power to get ducks or geese away from you towards them(why i only hunt a few select spots for ducks and geese, only have to deal with 2 guys)
4. ppl that cut across you when your only 30 feet from shore just because they want to
5. ppl that have to pile ontop of you when they see you catch a fish(mille lacs is the worst at that)
6. ppl who sky bust when theres more than just them on the water.( i do it sometimes when im the only one on the marsh)
7. ppl that set-up right ontop of you or right across a small channel from you so you get hit with BB's(really REALLY hurts)

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
people who try to tell me what I can or can't shoot/can or can't keep

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
were too start.
that guy with a 20 year old minivan pulling a 40 year old camper that can't get over 50 on the interstate.
tossing your ciggie butts out the window.. your car already stinks just toss it in the ashtray
the guy that always has one better and has to one up everything.. "last year I shot 27 roosters in 15 minutes and they all had double spurs and 40" tails"..
people that can't be happy for ya when you get that big buck or a nice rooster.. I quit hunting with those miserable people
people that can't understand that there is enough room in the woods for everyone.
the lovely way the mn dnr words the regs.. you almost need to hunt with a lawyer on retainer waiting in the truck
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My pet peeves fall into two catagories.  The first is the ones people can clearly control. For example, leaving/throwing trash all over, fishing on top of you, cutting in front of you to work a shore/weed line you are clearly fishing, tresspassing etc.  The second set of pet peeves involve actions that we all see but for which we need to have some tollerance and understanding.  Maybe the guy is loading slowly because he's new at it, in poor health, or having other issues you don't know about.  Maybe the guy can only afford an old van to pull his camper and is taking his kids/grandkids camping/fishing for the last time before his heart gives out. 
Just my thoughts on the subject.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
you guys pretty much covered my biggest pet peeves there... the inconsiderate boat launcher has alwas thrown me for a loop.... BUT, Beeker hit my sore spot with the slob butt-head one!  What is it that makes people think that tossing their butts  out the window of their car (or anywhere for that matter!) isnt littering?  Just dont get it! :banghead:  The filters dont decompose for like 25 years... yeah, yeah we know cars dont have ashtrays anymore, so why is it everyone (and everything else) has to suffer for it?  Was up in the BWCA a few years back, and was on the way in, stopped on an island for a rest, kicking back a little, walk over on a point, perfect shore fishing spot, enjoying the beauty of gods country when I look down to see a freaking pile of Marlboro butts, like 50 of em, right next to the water on the granite slope... :banghead: :scratch: :doah:.... Yeah, I packed them up & burned em later that night in the fire, but I thought about it the whole damn trip, who in the hell would do that up there...? I could see some moron doing that on a metro lake some where, but that just threw me... almost ruined my day... it just seems like alot of smokers just think that their habit is more important that anything on the planet, like they are above it all and they gotta flick their butt almost like their  :censored: dont stink.... :bs:

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
you guys pretty much covered my biggest pet peeves there... the inconsiderate boat launcher has alwas thrown me for a loop.... BUT, Beeker hit my sore spot with the slob butt-head one!  What is it that makes people think that tossing their butts  out the window of their car (or anywhere for that matter!) isnt littering?  Just dont get it! :banghead:  The filters dont decompose for like 25 years... yeah, yeah we know cars dont have ashtrays anymore, so why is it everyone (and everything else) has to suffer for it?  Was up in the BWCA a few years back, and was on the way in, stopped on an island for a rest, kicking back a little, walk over on a point, perfect shore fishing spot, enjoying the beauty of gods country when I look down to see a freaking pile of Marlboro butts, like 50 of em, right next to the water on the granite slope... :banghead: :scratch: :doah:.... Yeah, I packed them up & burned em later that night in the fire, but I thought about it the whole damn trip, who in the hell would do that up there...? I could see some moron doing that on a metro lake some where, but that just threw me... almost ruined my day... it just seems like alot of smokers just think that their habit is more important that anything on the planet, like they are above it all and they gotta flick their butt almost like their  :censored: dont stink.... :bs:
agreed :happy1:

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I have often thought about kepping some butts in my car and walking up to peoples windows at stop lights after seeing them flick one and giving them one. Just politely telling them I think they dropped something.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I guess most of us would like to to do that.  Too bad we would have to worry about the drivers reaction......
BiggA, as you know, my property is a bit off the beaten path.  However, I still have to pickup beer cans and fast food containers.  Go figure.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I would have to say left lane blockers are my biggest pet peeve. One ignorant fool can cause so much anger and frustration.  I wish the legistlature would get off their a$$ and finally make this a ticketable offence.  For the nut jobs that say the speed limit is the same in both lanes I say move over and let the highway patrol do their job because it is you that is causing accidents.       :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline 2hounds

• Outdoorsman
1)..People that shoot anything that moves or keeps anything that swims.
2)..People that think its OK to smoke weed while at kids events while ice fishing.
3)..Poachers
4)..Slobs on the ice and shore.

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
When you've been hunting the same spot for YEARS and I mean YEARS.............and then some guy comes in and sees that you have done well...leaves.................tells all his friends................and the next time you come up there is a hoard of people there and no where for you to hunt. :moon:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!