Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Favre is flying to MN  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
ESPN is reporting Favre is on a plane to Minnesota with Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson, defensive end Jared Allen and placekicker Ryan Longwell (who went down to Mississippi to talk him into playing)!

Link to the story below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5470904
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I heard that on KFAN also.... weird they sent those guys to get him. :scratch: I picture Jared knocking on the Favre family's front door, "Hi Mrs Favre, is Brett home?"  they go in, wake Brett up from his nap, drag him off the couch... Brett whining... "Come on guys....come on man Im too old for this crap!" Jared: "Time to go to work old man"..... :doah: 

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
ya i got the report earlyer today from the "inside" he landed at flying cloud and is at winterpark right now.

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep, he'll be a Yankee againg for about 6-months.  He's better than Tjoke or Fumblecopter, although Webb looked pretty darn good last weekend?
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Webb i want to say has an upside, and im afraid if we practice squad him we will lose him to another team pretty dang fast, because he can do it all

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
They won't practice squad Webb for fear of loosing him. I see them getting rid of Sage and keeping Webb as third string.

What does this say to T-Jack? For those that believed the talk from the Vikes that they totally supported him, I think them sending those three down to get Favre shows they have no faith in him at all.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i agree sage is the odd man out and they are not to high on him anyways. From T-jacks point of view it cant be good, but he should also look at it as another year behind brett adds more years to his career and gives him more knowledge on how to run the offense and take charge.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard the Favre/Chilly press conference today.... Chilly was describing the talk he had with Hutch, Jared and Longwell when they got back... they said when they met up with Brett, they played the "Good cop, bad cop, funny cop", and we were to decide who played what part.... :scratch: :rotflmao: thought that was pretty funny...

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Jackson has it made. Made a couple million bucks to sit and watch a game most people pay to watch. They shopped him last year and noone was interested. The guy just has not shown he can handle a starting job. Hm and sage both loojk great against second stringers but neither seems to handle the real deal. Either way they go they have alot of money wrapped in the QB spot. I just hope Favre gets it done this year cause alot of the talent on this team is getting old and/ or to expensive to keep together.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree BiggA... This is a year with alot riding on it... Williams will probably call it quits after this season.... alot of guys will be up for alot more $$$$ this year and will say see ya to a good few of them....... oh yeah, Brett's in the last year of his contract and is "probably" playing his last year... Its all or nothing... balls to the wall... go for broke.... RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT time! :woot: :taz: :whistling:  Yeah I think T-Jack is Chilly's guy, but Im not sure why unless he really likes that mobility factor(that and wasn't T-Jack Chilly's first draft pick, so it wouldnt still look good to just dump him for a low draft pick)... I think Sage has twice the arm/touch that T-Jack does, but I think they will still dump Sage to keep Webb on the squad... I hope they know what they're doing... :doah: :scratch:

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah...

Isn't the Vikings contract up at HHH this year too... I think a strike is coming if no progress is made on a stadium for them...

I don't really follow football much...once in a while...

Favre is a good QB, TJack sucks, Webb should be third, and Sage should be third as said above.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Its all or nothing... balls to the wall... go for broke.... RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT time! :woot: :taz: :whistling: 

Here's the problem with that. I agree it needs to happen but we still have Chilly as coach correct? Ain't gonna happen.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
this might be bretts last year,"IF" we win the superbowl or dont make it to the NFC championship game, "BUT" if we get to the game again and lose he will be back next year, depending on how bad he gets beat up this year.

I heard the only reason Sage played so much in that last game is because they are shopping him, trying to get a 4th for him.

i also think that brett will have full power of the offensive play callin this year and i hope he unleashes :censored: upon the saints to begin with. already heard that the saints D cordinator said he plans to do the same thing to all QB's this year starting with number 4

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I don't know that he'll be back one way or another. I would say it depends more on how much of the starters come back next year as well. Heard his press conference today and it sounded to me like he was saying no matter what, this is the last year for him.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ya just seen the press conference he did say no matter what this is his last year.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Just remember who is telling you that its his last year.... just sayin..... :coffee: