Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Randy Moss  (Read 6176 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Does bringing Randy back improve this team?
I say yes. What you all think

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it would improve the teams chances of winning but, I don't think it would "improve" the team, if you know what I mean.  It's kinda like finally getting that date with the super model only to find out you have to put up with the attitude, expense, and who knows what else.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline JECAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We could definitely use a stud receiver. If he doesn't bring any attitude problems I say yes.
« Last Edit: October 10/06/10, 10:09:58 AM by JECAMERON »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
The Vikes have invested a lot of money for this year to make a run at a championship.  So, yes Moss would improve the team to accomplish that goal.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline steiny

• Outdoorsman
STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE! :rotflmao:

Will the Vikings even have a draft pick in 2011 or can they stay home?

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
As much as I dislike the Vikings (yes I said that)  I dislike Randy Moss even more; a team chemistry killer if you ask me.

Not a good move in my opinion.  Too much baggage.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
When Red Mcombs dumped Randy I was pissed.... they got rid of him for his big salary when he was trying to sell the team.... All the things that the media and the fans that latch onto what the sports media leaks out and pushes as news were mostly little things blown way out of proportion,(and taken waay to seriously....) ie: The "fake mooning" at Lambau..... squirting the ref with a water bottle.... saying he only played hard when he wanted to.... All those things Moss was raked over the coals for, I thought were hillarious! :bow:  ITS A FREAKING GAME!!! :doah:  Look at the fans in the stands wearing the helga hats and the purple and gold body paint.... Its a kids game being played (and watched ;))by big over grown kids that make obscene $$$$$, but the money doesnt mean they turn into a model citizen/role model/poster child for the human race.... they are big kids playing a kids game!  Was hearing all kinds of crap at work today... "it was terrible how he mooned the packer fans at Lambeau!"  (he didnt moon anyone, he pretended that he did, copying what Packer fans do to the visiting team when they pull their buses in, except they really do moon the buses)  & "He admitted he doesnt finish his routes.. only plays when he wants..."  guess what... nearly all the recievers in the league do it... most wont admit it... watch any game on the tube, the WR runs a few steps, throws a block then jogs to a stop... never understood all the negativity against Moss...yeah I can see the attitude deal BUT you put a guy with that deep threat talent out there and you dont get the ball to him and yeah there should be a good reason why youre not.... for the right team and QB that is equiped to do a wide variety of things with the ball he is the man.......Brett needs that guy that will go to the ball and now he's got him!  Im glad we got him back....and now I actually have a reason to watch and follow them for.... It'll be cool to see how Randy and Brett work together. :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
RED if i am good at guessing im saying your only saying that because your a PACKERS FAN!!! and you dont want to face him 2 times a year again. i think its the best move they have made in awhile. he isnt a "chemistry killer" he was quiet the whole time he was in new england until he made his speech and he was right, they didnt appreciate what they had and now they lost him.  i have been all smiles all day because he is finally back in purple

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I know Red is a big Packers guy.... I have a few friends that are also... funny, they HATE Moss also.... none of them apreciated being "mooned" by Randy in their beloved stadium :moon:.... and I gotta admit, I would hate him too if I were a Packers fan, BUT, I am most definatly not!  Heck, Im still trying to shake my dislike for Brett... dont know if I really ever will.... :whistling: ;D  I always loved the super-freak.... welcome back Randy! :bow: (Now leave those meter maids be, eh? ;))

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Moss was/is one of the best wideouts to ever play the game. I think if the vikings are going all in balls out this is our shot (which it sure seems that way), then this was a great move. However for the future Randy is gonna demand alot of cash that could be used to keep some other younger players around.
Now if our Oline would keep someone off Brett long enough for Moss to get deep we could have something here!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I loved the  :moon: that Randy gave the Packer Fans, it was very clever - I dont get why everyone made a big deal out of it.... (I dont remember what announce, maybe Joe Buck, but said it was disgusting or something  :bs:)
I have always been a Randy Moss Fan and now I can like him even more since he is back in the Purple and Gold #84.  
 :happy1: - I just hope he is here longer than a year.  

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
RED if i am good at guessing im saying your only saying that because your a PACKERS FAN!!! and you dont want to face him 2 times a year again. i think its the best move they have made in awhile. he isnt a "chemistry killer" he was quiet the whole time he was in new england until he made his speech and he was right, they didnt appreciate what they had and now they lost him.  i have been all smiles all day because he is finally back in purple

You got me on that one....  Will Moss make a difference?  Sure, he's a great receiver, but at what cost to the team chemistry and traffic cops.......
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well from the sounds of it the team is esstatic(sp) very excited to have him there. why do people make such a big deal about things randy moss does/did like 6-7 years ago?

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it will spur the team on a little more. But as Red says at what cost. His ego, I'm sure, has already been blown up big enough that Macy's has probably already contacted him to be in their parade ;D. If the team does make another run....he'll be patting himself on the back, thinking it was all because of him. If he plays the way he can play and keeps the off the field antics to a minimum, then I can see the team benefitting. I just think he is sometimes a selfish player....me, me, me. I just don't want to here any clammering when/if he goes and does something embarrassing to the team. :coffee:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
he is by far one of the quietest superstar receivers in the league. of course he wants the ball thats what a winner does, he wants the ball. AP is the same way he wants the ball. again people are reverting back to 5-6 years ago. no one notice that he has been quiet for quite sometime? or does that get overlooked because the media doesnt report on that? he does way more good then bad but thats overlooked.

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
he is by far one of the quietest superstar receivers in the league. of course he wants the ball thats what a winner does, he wants the ball. AP is the same way he wants the ball. again people are reverting back to 5-6 years ago. no one notice that he has been quiet for quite sometime? or does that get overlooked because the media doesnt report on that? he does way more good then bad but thats overlooked.

Agreed, I've alway like him.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Randy moss is an athelete. Randy Moss is also the poison apple. If he was the answer why has he been traded so often?  He will turn any team he resides with into a Black/ White segregation just as he has proven in the past. One man does not make a team but one man can destroy the chemistry of a team. Yes I am accusing him of being a racist meter maid abusing dink.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
As much as I dislike the Vikings (yes I said that)  I dislike Randy Moss even more; a team chemistry killer if you ask me.

Not a good move in my opinion.  Too much baggage.

Hahahaha....I said that last year about old grey beard #4.... I ate my crow after last years run, and hopefully I will eat it again by saying Mr. Moss is one step away from being a T. Owens prima donna, he just doesn't talk quite as much to the media and is a heck of alot better.

For this year I will say let it play out, let his actions and stats be the tell all if they sign an extension, or keep him for a longer deal.

He's not stupid, and would rather end his career with a team that wins and likes him rather than a place that wins and doesn't appreciate a good player. Just think, if the Vikes get a stadium deal, sign McNabb and a few other key players.....All the articles I have read said he loved New England, but they weren't ready to step up and sign a longer contract with him (I'm assuming because of the attitude). If I am a player and love the team I play for, I sure as heck would want my team to commit and sign me or give me the walking (trade) papers. For NE it was a win/win, they got rid of someone who didn't want to be there and got something out of it. For the vikes it was a win/win as well because we got a receiver that can catch and doesn't have to start out of the slot (Harvin).

Moss saying he wasn't happy in NE was no damned different than the M and M boys and Joe Nathan putting the "we might be out of here if they don't get aggressive with contracts and players" quote in the Star and Trib a while back.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
no lex the pats dont typically sign older players anymore.. the only reason he was traded from the vikings in the first place was because Red Mcombs wanted to screw us over one last time. otherwise im sure he would of still been a viking. Ziggy(sp) wilf said when he bought the team he thought he was getting randy moss....

im also starting to think that the zigimister went over childress's head for this, because childress didnt seem all to pleased with it....

Offline JECAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
no lex the pats dont typically sign older players anymore.. the only reason he was traded from the vikings in the first place was because Red Mcombs wanted to screw us over one last time. otherwise im sure he would of still been a viking. Ziggy(sp) wilf said when he bought the team he thought he was getting randy moss....

im also starting to think that the zigimister went over childress's head for this, because childress didnt seem all to pleased with it....
Childress says he's happy about it. He claims that him and moss are friends... (as heard from the press conference).
I'm pretty excited to see him back here. With him here the vikings, on paper, are looking studly.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I still am not convinced.....

And besides Cody, re-hashing old news gives us more to talk about.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
This will be a good thing this year. I don't think it will be an immediate fix but it can help. If only we could get more help on the O Line!!!! That would be great and hopefully this will help alleviate the pressure. Imagine what it will be like if and when Rice comes back. Honestly, this is it... all or nothing.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly MNO..... they had nothing to lose!  If you go with worst case scenerio, Moss turns out to be a huge cancer/distraction on a bad to avg. team, whats the loss there?  Best case, Moss is the missing receiver filling the void (a big one) they have in the receiver corp and clicks with Brett and they do some good things then go to the playoffs and do some damage.... Pros outweigh the cons bigtime I think! 

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
I still am not convinced.....

And besides Cody, re-hashing old news gives us more to talk about.

rehashing old news hahaha ok like the fake moon to the packers nation hahahaha GREAT old news best TD dance ive ever seen...

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I am excited for tonight...Favre to Moss...AP tears up the jets defense!  Oh, it looks good on paper!    :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Randy moss is an athelete. Randy Moss is also the poison apple. If he was the answer why has he been traded so often?  He will turn any team he resides with into a Black/ White segregation just as he has proven in the past. One man does not make a team but one man can destroy the chemistry of a team. Yes I am accusing him of being a racist meter maid abusing dink.
Like I said He is a poison apple. It is so bad that since he came back to town no Minnesota pro sport team has won a game he has even infected the wild. Same old stuff when he figured the game was over he walks back to the line of scrimmage.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects