Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NRA  (Read 949 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
NRA
How does everyone feel about them? I personally am not a member though I have considered it. I just got home from work tonight and get a call from them. I am leaning towards not joining because of this call. I am just not a fan of using scare tactics to get people to give you money. It was almost like listening to a politician.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the NRA is a good organization though and I support the same causes.   :happy1:  I just wont give them the money I dont have - I need to keep that to give to the government  :banghead:

I dont like the ploys for money, but all organizations do that - I get so many calls from the Republican Party that I am used to the calls for money.
« Last Edit: November 11/19/10, 05:59:21 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Was a member for years, as was my dad..... a few years back I dropped it when they kind of went off the deep end a bit, but they do a good job being that "firewall" fending off those left wing anti-gun/hunting peta types from the rest of us.... Have thought about re-joining just for that fact alone... something to think about if you are the pro gun/pro hunting outdoor type of person...... You dont have to agree with everything they do or say if they, in the big scheme of things do alot of good..... I do miss ole Chuck Heston, may he rest in peace.....

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I believe they have an important role to fill. However I refuse to rejoin because at least weekly if not more when I have been a member I would recieve an extensive letter asking for more funds. the cost of the mailings they sent over the year surpassed the price of the yearly dues. If the membership money was used economically I would be happy to support the cause.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
       I look look at the NRA as an entrenched union.  I believe they endorsed Dirty Harry in Vegas.  It is a strong lobby and business as usual for the leaders.  Not so with the members-they are getting hit hard.  I would re-join if they were proactive.  Instead of asking for more money to fight peta why not ask for more money to go after the polititicians that are taking money from peta so we can vote them out of office.  I can't believe peta is not getting Gov. funding somehow.  If the leadership mans up and makes some drastic changes  I will be back in.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.