Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One of the greatest movies ever remade and opens this month  (Read 37740 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
      True Grit starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon.   I think it comes out Dec.22nd.   The original Starred John Wayne and Glen Cambell.  I think it was one of the first movies I ever saw.  It was at a drive in.   I love this story.  I can't wait to see if the remake  can even make it better.  I have not been to a theater in 5 years+ but will be going soon.       :popcorn:  :popcorn:.   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Man, here I thought you were talking about Yogi Bear!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
      True Grit starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon.   I think it comes out Dec.22nd.   The original Starred John Wayne and Glen Cambell.  I think it was one of the first movies I ever saw.  It was at a drive in.   I love this story.  I can't wait to see if the remake  can even make it better.  I have not been to a theater in 5 years+ but will be going soon.       :popcorn:  :popcorn:.   

P.S. John Wayne is a wuss compared to Clint
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
"P.S. John Wayne is a wuss compared to Clint"

Shows what you know General.  Clint's nothing without the monkey Clyde.

John Wayne was a true tough guy.  Heres one of his baby pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/13/10, 11:17:05 AM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought this discussion was about "TRON"?  :scratch:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
"P.S. John Wayne is a wuss compared to Clint"

Shows what you know General.  Clint's nothing without the monkey Clyde.

John Wayne was a true tough guy.  Heres one of his baby pics.

:rotflmao: Maybe we should have an MNO movie night!!  :popcorn:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:  All right you two.... I'll pull over if I have to! :doah:  Love Clint, but I think I like ole Duke even more.... especially in True Grit.  Ole Rooster Cogbern...(is that correct...? :scratch:)   True Grits got my favorite movie moment, and movie line...yeah, even better than Dirty Harry's "Well do ya ...PUNK?" line..... you know, Ned and his outlaw buddies at the other end of the field, Rooster suggests they turn themselves in... Ned says thats a big statement for an old one-eyed fat man, the goofy guy crows like a rooster & the bad guys laugh....Rooster says:      "THEN FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SONS OF A BITCHES!" training-087 :bow:  then puts the reigns in his teeth and rides straight at em with a blazin pistola in each hand..... :cry: training-087 :taz: Dont get much better than that!  Not sure if one can improve on that.... big shoes to fill, but I think having Bridges play Rooster is a good start.... gonna have to check it out most definatly.... The previews looked pretty cool... cant go by those though.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
take that back.... Rooster's got a pistol in on hand, and a loop-levered carbine(just like my 45-70 ;)) in the other....  Matt Damon's a good one to play Glen Cambell's part as the texas ranger... if thats what he plays....

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Just so you know, this is not a remake of the orginal John Wayne movie but an adapt of the Charles Portis' novel. What should make it really interesting is that the Coen brothers have made it.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
      I am really looking forward to seeing this movie.  Thanks for the reference BB.  I will be reading that novel.  I'm thinking this new version is not for young kids.  The  General may need parental supervision for this one ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You old timers wouldn't know the king of westerns if he hit you in the  :moon:.  Clint would pistol whip John with 2 hands tied behind his back. 

Josey are we going to bury that guy......Nah Buzzards got to eat too.

"You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Clint a better cowboy then Da Duke? :scratch: check the dictionary, next to "Cowboy" there is a picture of John Wayne  :happy1:

The best looking and sounding cowboy in the last 30 years has to be Sam Elliot. That big handlebar moustache and the voice just says cowboy. Ain't been but a handful of cowboy movies in the last thirty years that are worth sitting through.

Top 10 Western Movies http://www.infoplease.com/entertainment/movies/afi-top-western.html#ixzz187IBeRqQ

The Searchers (1956)
High Noon (1952)
Shane (1953)
Unforgiven (1992)
Red River (1948)
The Wild Bunch (1969)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971)
Stagecoach (1939)
Cat Ballou (1965)

The Duke is in three of these, do you know what they are?
« Last Edit: December 12/14/10, 02:04:12 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
The recent 3:10 to Yuma was pretty darn good.

The Searchers, Stagecoach and Red River?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Sam's a good one aint he?  As far as Clint goes, Jose Wales and The Unforgiven are pretty dang good....  Gotta love the "we got what we call the Missouri boat ride" and "hows that stuff work on tobacco stains?" lines..... New ones?  Not recalling the title,  :scratch: :doah: but the recent redo of High Noon, with Sam Elliot, Kurt Rusell, Val Kilmer and others was awesome, I thought.("I'll be yer huckleberry" ;D)  But yeah... not many good ones these days, eh?  Whats the Duke western with side-kick James Caan (Mississippi) sporting that sawed off SxS?  Always loved that one....

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Sam's a good one aint he?  As far as Clint goes, Jose Wales and The Unforgiven are pretty dang good....  Gotta love the "we got what we call the Missouri boat ride" and "hows that stuff work on tobacco stains?" lines..... New ones?  Not recalling the title,  :scratch: :doah: but the recent redo of High Noon, with Sam Elliot, Kurt Rusell, Val Kilmer and others was awesome, I thought.("I'll be yer huckleberry" ;D)  But yeah... not many good ones these days, eh?  Whats the Duke western with side-kick James Caan (Mississippi) sporting that sawed off SxS?  Always loved that one....
You mean   Alan Bourdillion Traherne ('Mississippi')  movie was El Dorado

Was there a better war hero actor? "In Harms Way" a great movie. If you can't find something to watch go look at some of the old movies with no computer extras.
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
           Lonesome Dove.  One of the first made for tv  mini series.  Robert Duval, stole this show.  You don't always have to have special effects to make a great movie.  For the top 10 of all time I would like to throw in another Sergio Leone movie(the director that tried  made Clint look like a tough guy).    ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST   Starring Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson.   That was a western not to miss.   For fun I liked the Trinity movies with My Name Is Nobody as another do not miss.   TRON?  I'm sure the remake will be on dvd before Christmas.   :rotflmao: I think it will be in theaters near you on Dec.22. :coffee: 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
John Wayne hits Clint.........Clint goes and closes the window because he thought he felt a draft. 

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:

Some of these movies are waaaaaaaaaay before my time....   :rotflmao:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The recent 3:10 to Yuma was pretty darn good.

For a 1957 remake of a film staring Glen Ford, another pretty fair cowboy. :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

This is one of the nice things about having Netflix and being able to stream old movies for home viewing. So many of today's movies are nothing more then remakes. The originals had to stand on acting not special effects.  The last movie I went to in a theater I was annoyed by the volume, making it loud does not make it better. I have a home theater, I mean a real home theater, a room that is used for nothing but movies and sports, no TV we have a 90" screen where we use a projector and 5/1 sound. Add the Butt Kicker ( a 1400 watt receiver that converts audio to physical force that shakes the couch,  driven by the bass in the sound track) and old movies are great to watch. My youngest daughter is a John Wayne fan so that is where I am getting fed my information. Clint Eastwood will always just be a young Rowdy Yates, General you even know who that is?  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
John Wayne hits Clint.........Clint goes and closes the window because he thought he felt a draft. 

Yule Brenner and John Wayne pass Clint around like a piece pipe. He  Shoulda brought the monkey.  :whistling: :whistling:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Just another Clint character BB.

Only 2 guys to take Clint DDS  :scratch:  2 on 1 would be just a light snack.  Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Just another Clint character BB.

Just another character? Rowdy Yates from Rawhide gave Clint his acting start. As for Clint and the Duke in a shoot off, Duke would have shot Clint out of the saddle with his trusty Winchester long before his pistol cleared his holster!

But then again Clint in them days was probably sitting side saddle on his pony.  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Side Saddle :scratch: You must be talking about John's boy friend or Roy.  Clint would open up a spittoon of whoop arse and pour it all over John Wayne. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Who are these old guys you are all talking about  :scratch:.... are they like Brad Pitt or Matthew McConaughy?   :rotflmao:
-- I will be seeing the movie too, looks pretty darn good

Oh, and Eastwood is good.... I enjoyed Gran Torino, great movie - you all Eastwood lovers should definitely watch it.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Side Saddle :scratch: You must be talking about John's boy friend or Roy.  Clint would open up a spittoon of whoop arse and pour it all over John Wayne. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King