Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 488011 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
It is true Seal team 6 came out strong.   training-087  (At least the Rookie Greatoutdoors did)  The problem for your team is your lead is fragile at best.  Your rookie has made a common rookie mistake and is sitting  back waiting for help from his partners.  The general will be lucky to post 3 fish all summer.  BB is too busy dusting his old championship trophy.  I predict in the next month a big fall for your team.  It is not always a good thing to be out in front.  :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS you are right on that!! that why I am siting back a spot and wait for the time to move so when we take over team seal poo it will be to late for them!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well what can I say, The Greatoutdoors jumped out with three very nice fish which have held up since they were posted.   :happy1: Since this is a team event I have enjoyed sitting in the back of the boat and sipping on my personal choice of cool beverage.  :toast:  To assume that we are going to fall from the top place is a pretty good assumption except  no one else has caught anything bigger,  :fishing2:  yes a bigger bass  :Fish:  but the magic number is three bigger fish. History will show that by mid July most fish have been posted and no one has even posted a trio of fish to even get us worried.  :coffee:

After the tourist season has pretty much passed   :Photography: and the so-so fishermen become so-so hunters   :Hunter: Great and myself will be out on empty waters adding inches to our total  :fishing2:  just to lay the final smack down on the want to be's.   training-087 We can already see all the whoop la about a winter Challenge and catching pan fish and ellpout.   :rotflmao: Guess if you can't fish with the big boys you go ice fishing... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
DDSBYDAY and wildeyedfeminist,
I shouldn't say this because it will make you two so nervous you won't sleep a wink for months, but members of SEALTeam 6 (UNDENIABLY, THE "GREATEST FISHING TRIO" EVER ASSEMBLED :Clap:) are not sitting idly by, but going out daily to crush the other teams like bugs on a windshield!! (not that it isn't happening already) training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
I can feel you two trembling with fear, all the way up here in Ely!! :dancinred: :dancinred:
OH YEAH, BABBEEEEEEEE!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
HOO RAH!!!!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
We can already see all the whoop la about a winter Challenge and catching pan fish and ellpout.   :rotflmao: Guess if you can't fish with the big boys you go ice fishing... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Whoa there Bobby.....  Lets not be knocking Icefishing... Sounds like you might be one of those thats afraid to walk on water!.... :scratch:   Eelpout are the best Gamefish there is!  IMO :whistling:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDSBYDAY and wildeyedfeminist,
I shouldn't say this because it will make you two so nervous you won't sleep a wink for months, but members of SEALTeam 6 (UNDENIABLY, THE "GREATEST FISHING TRIO" EVER ASSEMBLED :Clap:) are not sitting idly by, but going out daily to crush the other teams like bugs on a windshield!! (not that it isn't happening already) training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
I can feel you two trembling with fear, all the way up here in Ely!! :dancinred: :dancinred:
OH YEAH, BABBEEEEEEEE!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
HOO RAH!!!!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:

We have been trembling since we heard the General found himself a new 12 volt battery.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
BB I know you hoping late fall to add some inches to that told, But keep this in mite you will have to pull three bigger fish in a short amount of time and as they said if you want then fast you will fail!!! as I have one on the board and I have one I have been holding back. as you  :drinking: think of this you will need a bigger eye and bigger bass and bigger pike.  to pull this off :whistling: :whistling: as you still do not know what I am holding :whistling:

Now to you greattoiltsiter I have no fear of you!! In fact I am looking forewords to flushing you down  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
We are in FIRST not second not last. We will not drop five or six places because we would have to be passed by five or six teams. Unless or until you post fish that adds up to more than what we have posted Wild you are second, not almost in first or in first but second. As a matter of fact you have a  much greater chance of being passed then we do since you are behind us in SECOND...

I was going to cut and past a definition of first for you but all the online dictionaries said " What you don't know what being FIRST is? It is not being SECOND...   :coffee:

Now having said that I am feeling a little sorry for my friend Lee who is about to get several days of bad weather on his vacation.
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Now having said that I am feeling a little sorry for my friend Lee who is about to get several days of bad weather on his vacation.

Team Make A Move is with you on this.  Mostly because we hope Borgies Raiders are one of the 5 or 6 teams that blow by you guys in the next month.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz: :cheerleader: man if you guys would post fishing reports in the area threads like you shoot and fling the crap here there wouldnt be a fish left in minn, south and north dakota. iowa, wisconsin or even canada for that matter!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :happybounce: :happybounce: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :dancinred: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
:dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz: :cheerleader: man if you guys would post fishing reports in the area threads like you shoot and fling the crap here there wouldnt be a fish left in minn, south and north dakota. iowa, wisconsin or even canada for that matter!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :happybounce: :happybounce: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :dancinred: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
There is fish in Iowa  :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from one of the Boobarians:"Now to you greattoiltsiter I have no fear of you!! In fact I am looking forewords to flushing you down"

Well, I got some bad news for you, wildeyefeminist, the greattoiletsitter ain't going down! :happy1:
Rumor from a very reliable source has it you're running scared from SEALTeam 6, and can't say as I blame you with the thrashing we're delivering to you and yours on a daily basis! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Takethat,Willy!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:     
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Quote from one of the Boobarians:"Now to you greattoiltsiter I have no fear of you!! In fact I am looking forewords to flushing you down"

Well, I got some bad news for you, wildeyefeminist, the greattoiletsitter ain't going down! :happy1:
Rumor from a very reliable source has it you're running scared from SEALTeam 6, and can't say as I blame you with the thrashing we're delivering to you and yours on a daily basis! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Takethat,Willy!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:    

O ya you are going down and you can count on that  greattoiletsitter as to your  training-087 thrashing we're delivering to you and yours on a daily basis!  that thrashing will come back to you x2 I have take one of your bigger fish out and yes I still have one more and still working on the last one.

But if I do it to soon you all will run and hide like scared rat!! As I am not running scared of you I am right here day after day. If fact me and DDS are here all the time as to the rest they are the one that are running,

I am standing my ground ageist all three of team seal poo in this sack down and will to the end!!!  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

You will be going down!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:  
« Last Edit: July 07/14/11, 12:14:17 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

As to some one that DID NOT enter this sure as a lot to say but in fact it mean nothing!!! as to posting fish I have posted more fish then all of you and I do not remember see you post one!!!  :moon:

« Last Edit: July 07/14/11, 12:13:49 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just an outsider addin a bit of fuel, thats all!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 training-087 like i said before, new to site and didnt know this was happenin! next year, maybe!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
just an outsider addin a bit of fuel, thats all!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 training-087 like i said before, new to site and didnt know this was happenin! next year, maybe!

I know, You can't add fuel to a fire if you are not in playing with it!!  ;D But what up with the maybe?  :whistling: :whistling:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just an outsider addin a bit of fuel, thats all!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 training-087 like i said before, new to site and didnt know this was happenin! next year, maybe!

I know, You can't add fuel to a fire if you are not in playing with it!!  ;D But what up with the maybe?  :whistling: :whistling:
the way you guys talk about all these HUGE fish ya got waitin to post at the bitter end............i scared!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :woot:

and sure i can add fuel,  did a few times already.............and i'm good at it. just ask FM! training-087
« Last Edit: July 07/14/11, 02:16:33 PM by glenn57 »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
just an outsider addin a bit of fuel, thats all!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087 training-087 like i said before, new to site and didnt know this was happenin! next year, maybe!

I know, You can't add fuel to a fire if you are not in playing with it!!  ;D But what up with the maybe?  :whistling: :whistling:
the way you guys talk about all these HUGE fish ya got waitin to post at the bitter end............i scared!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :woot:

and sure i can add fuel,  did a few times already.............and i'm good at it. just ask FM! training-087

You should be.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: But I am the only one that saying that I have a bigger Eye to post and it will not be at the end,

I am just letting them talk some smack, As I will get revenge at a later time!!  :whistling: :whistling:

As the saying go. He who  :rotflmao: now will not be  :rotflmao: at the end!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well Willy's predictions are just as terrible as his sayings.........no one but him has ever heard them.  What is that saying.........He who laughs now will not be laughing at the end........I think you've been hanging out with what's his name from the Trailer Park Boys......the guy with all the flipped flop sayings even though you look like Bubbles  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

P.S. He who laughs last laughs best. ;) :king:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

P.S. He who laughs last laughs best.

It not going to be you seal poo  ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

P.S. He who laughs last laughs best.

It not going to be you seal poo  ;D

Who's in first?  Oh yeah SEALTeam6!!!!!!

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
General and Bobby Bass,
I'm convinced that after SEALTeam 6 thrashes the Boobarians and the other teams in this years Challenge, there will be more verified sightings of Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa than Willy!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
General and Bobby Bass,
I'm convinced that after SEALTeam 6 thrashes the Boobarians

That not going to happen  ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
General and Bobby Bass,
I'm convinced that after SEALTeam 6 thrashes the Boobarians and the other teams in this years Challenge, there will be more verified sightings of Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa than Willy!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

How true  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll bet you all didn't know Wild was a speech writer..
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Seal team six is very comfortable in their psuedo first place position.  I for a fact know that there is a caught and photographed fish that drops them to 2nd.  Not only that Starting next week Team Make A Move will actually be able to get our lines wet.  The picture is grim for the seals.  Hang in there. You have been warned so keep the  :cry:  :cry: to a minimum.  The leader board is about to change.  I expect we will be hearing from last years MVP soon too.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
    Seal team six is very comfortable in their psuedo first place position.  I for a fact know that there is a caught and photographed fish that drops them to 2nd.  Not only that Starting next week Team Make A Move will actually be able to get our lines wet.  The picture is grim for the seals.  Hang in there. You have been warned so keep the  :cry:  :cry: to a minimum.  The leader board is about to change.  I expect we will be hearing from last years MVP soon too.

:blablabla:

2 things for sure haven't changed...........ghost fish being talked about and DDS talking about possibly fishing some day. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/15/11, 09:59:27 AM by The General »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a sign on the wall here at the Lodge that says...

More fish have been caught at the bar here than any where on the lake. 
 Sounds like DDS has been fishing at the bar!   :fishing:    :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
We have a sign on the wall here at the Lodge that says...

More fish have been caught at the bar here than any where on the lake. 
 Sounds like DDS has been fishing at the bar!   :fishing:    :rotflmao:

Bobby, I think DDS is reporting from the bottom of Clear Lake and the fish that are swimming on the bottom.  Far as I know he went down with the ship and never did get out of the snow bank. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   You guys sure do a lot of  high fives and back slapping up with a score that won't even win you 5th place.  :rotflmao: