Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487981 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

This has become more of a cut throat challenge then a friendly way to get guys together. I have hooked up with Greatoutdoors and hell of a guy and good fishermen, no matter what happens that is a good thing, of course winning this all will be icing on the cake and watching Wild disappear in to winter will be worth it all.

Well BB I sure would have liked to hook up with my teammates to go fishing and I'm guessing I would have been able to make it the day you 2 got together.  Didn't I ask a month or so if you wanted to get together and go fishing. :scratch:  All I can say is wow!!!

With all that said on here I would have to agree with you on this... Me and DDS when fishing had a great time As I know HD  General got out and fish. As of right HD Franklin and DDS are fishing right now!!

So how can you say that BB And why are you posting this in the smack down thread. Are you going to be piss off at me? You need to let it go!!!  ;) 
I was paying Great a complement, don't know where this mysterious secret thing comes from. I have not fished with Great this season when I said HOOKED up I was talking about exchanging e-mail's as we are both in northern MN and still can't find the time to get together. and where does it say I can't post that, this is the smack down thread. ( gives Great the secret handshake)  :toast:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 Now that all done  :cry: :cry:  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  :cry: :cry:
As It look like The Barbarians  Are Going higher up that no one had been And I had a great year so far  :dancinred: As It look like the fishing gods Are not shining  over Poo head and are shining over Wildlife  I will have two new fish for my wall   :happy1:

:dancinred: :dancinred: The Barbarians  93 :dancinred: :dancinred:
Now seal poo I really bet that was a hard one to do this morning as to upgrade The Barbarians score at lest you was fair  :happy1: But I had to do it as I do know that thier are some team that will be back soon and well If by some chance that one of them had  a 40" pike and post it I would lose the biggest pike spot as First post hold the spot. ;D Now if they post it will have to be bigger  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/16/11, 04:44:50 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Corny13 That was my 13 upgrade  ;D so what happen you stated in first place and now you are in 5 place Wow you are falling down   :scratch: :scratch:

HELLO DOWN HERE!!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Wilamenawannabeasealteam6memberreallybad, :happybounce:
The only thing a 13th upgrade means is you catch a  lot of small fish! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought with thirteen you get egg rolls!  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

I think it more like if you are a loser you get egg in you face  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wilamenawannabeasealteam6memberreallybad, :happybounce:
The only thing a 13th upgrade means is you catch a  lot of small fish! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I do not see your name behind these

Largest Bass: Wildlifeminnesota 22.0 Bass

Largest Pike: Wildlifeminnesota 40.00 Northern

Largest Walleye: Wildlifeminnesota 31.0 Walleye

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Corny13 That was my 13 upgrade  ;D so what happen you stated in first place and now you are in 5 place Wow you are falling down   :scratch: :scratch:

HELLO DOWN HERE!!

Its been a tough summer...floods as well as some personal things...ugh...seem to remember last summer this happening to someone else... :scratch:
Went out last weekend though in the spillway of Garrison dam... wow best walleye fishing Ive ever had...caught 40 walleyes all on jigs with plastic tails no bait as well as a mess of Drum, cats and Northerns.....  Just a bunch of 20-24" eaters.  Just finished a nice meal of walleye tacos! :happy1:   There is still 2 1/2 months of the Challenge fishing will only be biting better! ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

HELLO DOWN HERE!!

Its been a tough summer...floods as well as some personal things...ugh...seem to remember last summer this happening to someone else... :scratch:
Went out last weekend though in the spillway of Garrison dam... wow best walleye fishing Ive ever had...caught 40 walleyes all on jigs with plastic tails no bait as well as a mess of Drum, cats and Northerns.....  Just a bunch of 20-24" eaters.  Just finished a nice meal of walleye tacos! :happy1:   There is still 2 1/2 months of the Challenge fishing will only be biting better! ;D

Yes I do know how that go, It was your year last year and not mine!!!  I thou I would see if you still popping on here now and then. 

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

I think it more like if you are a loser you get egg in you face  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I'll bookmark this post so I can repost it for you come the end of the challenge when you are in second, or maybe even turd!  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

I'll bookmark this post so I can repost it for you come the end of the challenge when you are in second, or maybe even turd!  :coffee:

It Not going to happen BB but remember you just mite get egg in your face as you are not in first
The Barbarians are in first  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
This year will be my second first place finish thanks to fearless leader  :bow: this time around. So, in summery that will make :scratch:

Two....1st  place finishes
One....2nd     "        "
One....3rd     "        "

I will be taking applications soon for next years Challenge team mates. If anyone is interested you can send me a PM :king:

Lee :popcorn:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Lee I would not put your luck  ;D

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
This year will be my second first place finish thanks to fearless leader  :bow: this time around. So, in summery that will make :scratch:

Two....1st  place finishes
One....2nd     "        "
One....3rd     "        "

I will be taking applications soon for next years Challenge team mates. If anyone is interested you can send me a PM :king:

Lee :popcorn:
Stop it man, you're killing me! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
OMG!  :doah:

G.O. and Fearless Leader,

Thanks for sending me your PM's I'll be reviewing :coffee: your aplications along with the other 3 I've recieved prior to my announcement.

:reporter; Good Luck to all the aplicants :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Lee I said DO NOT PUSH YOUR LUCK!!!

As of this point I  have more PM then you!!! Lee  As POO HEAD pm me on a daily base and BB he sent me 20 so far.

You should go back and look at that pm you think I sent you and look at the true sender of it becuse it was not me!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: as I think your eye are going bad  ;D  
« Last Edit: August 08/21/11, 10:24:46 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Just for the record I turn them down as I told POO HEAD he smell to bad!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG!  :doah:

G.O. and Fearless Leader,

Thanks for sending me your PM's I'll be reviewing :coffee: your aplications along with the other 3 I've recieved prior to my announcement.

:reporter; Good Luck to all the aplicants :happy1:
Like Wild said, put on your glasses! :happy1:
My PM asked if you were the one that broke into the dumpster at LaTourell's, and ate all the edible garbage just before you left! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I'll tell Jeep and Bobby you took plead the 5th! :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No Willy it wasn't hard to upgrade your fish the .75 of an inch I'm a well educated man.  Now if you were the judge you would have had to cut off part of your finger to figure that one out.  Either that or we would have to do upgrades by the inch instead of 1/4 inch. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

P.S. Lee in the dumpster..........That post is being nominated for smack of the year. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
now seal poo that not what I was referring to If you can add  :sorry: It was over your head... and Yes I all really  new  The Barbarians  score be for I post it!!! Some people kids you have to explain it to then over and over :banghead: :banghead: and they still just do not get it  :banghead: :banghead:

Hey poo head ....That was your wife in your dumpster She said you are to cheap to buy food so she was getting your dinner for tomorrow night!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
No Willy it wasn't hard to upgrade your fish the .75 of an inch I'm a well educated man.  Now if you were the judge you would have had to cut off part of your finger to figure that one out.  Either that or we would have to do upgrades by the inch instead of 1/4 inch. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

P.S. Lee in the dumpster..........That post is being nominated for smack of the year. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Come on General if you think the Lee in the dumpster was a worthy post for smack of the year you've really lowered your standards. I remember when you and I used to go head to head with the smack talk. Unfortunatly it looks as if you have run out of steam if you think that was clever.

You used to think before you posted and came up with some good fresh smack stuff.  What ever happened to the old General. I guess he's just lost a step or two lately. :cry:

Hey G.O.!,

I think General felt sorry for you when he made that post. He was just embarresed :doah: for you because your on his team :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/17/11, 02:35:28 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure is quiet around here at 2:30 am :whistling: Well, I guess I'll just go  :fishing:  :Fish:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is quiet around here at 2:30 am :whistling: Well, I guess I'll just go  :fishing:  :Fish:
Still up at 2:30 am, Lee?? :scratch:
I thought Wild was the only one who couldn't sleep at night because he was so worried about SEALTeam 6! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Still up at 2:30 am, Lee?? :scratch:
I thought Wild was the only one who couldn't sleep at night because he was so worried about SEALTeam 6! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I sleep very good!!! As
The Barbarians are in first  :dancinred: :dancinred:

It look like rain for you up north today!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Wild,
You never slept a wink all night! ;D
Your eyes looked like two big white fishing bobbers, never blinking, for fear that SEALTeam 6 was coming for you just like they did for you cousin in Pakistan! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well it seem like you are pee throw the wrong window. As you should be carefully you could get shot!!  ;D
As I fall a sleep in 5 min and sleep really good all night long!!   As for you seal poo coming for us  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Bring in on  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: You know It all over for you and you poo team mates  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Hey Lee,
You better re-read your report from the boys in Canada, because they don't have much, if anything, for the Challenge as of yet! :Clap:
Also, I had a very reliable source that tell my that DDSBYDAY missed the boat (literally) and had to hitch a ride to Stoke's Bay. :oops1:
Of course, this was after he had to be scraped up off the floor of the Kettle Falls Hotel because he was blindsided by a few brewskies! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Wow!   I did not realize how cutthroat this challenge has become.  It seems our very own Greatoutdoors was so frightened of of myself actually getting a chance to fish for a couple of days he paid our good friend Dan H 500$ to send me to the wrong visitor center to start our trip.  That is an act of pure desperation.  Very clever though . I tip my hat to you for that one. (Dan spilled the beans after the 13 tequila shots at Debbie's on the Kettle river) So that being said, I still got there.  The excursion was something like Dorothy's trip in the wizard of Oz.  The rest of the boys got there the normal way and I know there will be some upgrades coming.  The Greatoutdoors may have pulled a fast one this time to throw me off my game but it cost him 500 bucks and he can't get to my contacts on the next trip.  Score one for the Seals-  watch out guys and gals.  These folks have deap pockets and will do anything to win except put a white spinnerbait in their pictures. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:(rookie mistake-too bad :sorry:)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Ya You have to watch that Poo head as He be running around pee in to windows. That white spinnerbait not in the  pictures was  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/18/11, 03:24:51 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I guess DDS did "make a move" the wrong move.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I know DDS sent me a picture from Debbie's and told me he planned on taking this hot little number with him to Canada.  I just have to ask.........did she have to ride in the box of the truck?

« Last Edit: August 08/18/11, 07:43:33 PM by The General »

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee, running out of steam is not in my vocabulary.  However when a guy posts that when he sits on the toilet you can't see the toilet and then G.O. shoots in with the dumpster diving.  It made me laugh and feel sorry for you at the same time.  Well not really sorry for you. :rotflmao: