Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487266 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Right now a win would be bitter sweet.  Wildlife is not in (yet) but there is another key player that has not entered.   That would be last years MVP.  I think he may avoid the legacy of Bobby Bass and Lee B.  They are past champions and still participate.  This is one rare time that I will tip my hat to all past champions. They have earned their way in to  the MNO Hall of Fame.  There have been no repeat winners to date.  Unless one of them is on my team I aim to keep it that way!!!   :whistling:   Where is Kenny?   :popcorn:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I hereby pledge my life my fortune and my sacred honor.
 I just had a superstition this year about posting any number less than  Cody or Bobby or the rest of the field that signed up prior. But just to make Wildlife feel better for a while I let him have a larger sign up number. Enjoy it while you can dear Wildlife Minnesota because it will more than likely be the last time this year you will post a higher # than me in the challenge.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
 :censored:,  you guys may have jinxed me..... I have a low number..... wildlifemn saying that I have caught all my big fish early.. :cry:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 I just had a superstition this year about posting any number less than  Cody or Bobby or the rest of the field that signed up prior. But just to make Wildlife feel better for a while I let him have a larger sign up number. Enjoy it while you can dear Wildlife Minnesota because it will more than likely be the last time this year you will post a higher # than me in the challenge.

Thanks kenhuntin  I  :scratch: But you know you could eat them there words,  :coffee: As I see it

1. You could be on my team, at the top of the score board  :happy1: Witch would not be a bad I  :scratch: It would shut up DDS

2. Your on the The General  team That is at the bottom of the score board.  :moon: Then I will have higher # than you.  :whistling:

3. I catch a bigger walleye then you.  :oops1: that would be a high # then you.  :moon:

4.  I catch a bigger pike then you.  :oops1: that would be a high # then you.  :moon:

5.  I catch a bigger Bass then you. :oops1: that would be a high # then you.  :moon:

:scratch: that I have a good chance of getting another higher # then you in this year,

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
:censored:,  you guys may have jinxed me..... I have a low number..... wildlifemn saying that I have caught all my big fish early.. :cry:

No that not what I said  :whistling: I said you luck may run out,  :whistling:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Don't worry.  Anything over my number is a bust.   ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Don't worry.  Anything over my number is a bust.   ;D

If you could only post a 21" fish that would be amaze in it self,  :oops1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 I just had a superstition this year about posting any number less than  Cody or Bobby or the rest of the field that signed up prior. But just to make Wildlife feel better for a while I let him have a larger sign up number. Enjoy it while you can dear Wildlife Minnesota because it will more than likely be the last time this year you will post a higher # than me in the challenge.

Ken don't kid yourself Willy will definitely have higher numbers then all of us in a few categories  :banghead: here are a couple examples of him from last year.  Good thing he only fished a few months.  It's a head scratcher he survived this long.

Category 1:  The letter "P" does stand for park

Category 2:  Accidents while reading "Fishing for Dummies 2nd edition"

Category 3:  Accidents shaving Bikini area while driving.

I'm not sure on this category but the story goes.......
Willy; "But Officer DDS called me up and said their was a girl who wanted to talk to me.
Officer; "Was she Hot"
Willy; "I don't know, but she was a girl"

« Last Edit: May 05/05/11, 09:37:21 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                   "To be the man you have to beat the man"

Yea though I walk through The Valley of Smackdown I fear no blabbermouths. Thy rod and thy reel shalt comfort me. For thou art with me my Lund. Thus I have been to the mountain of victory and have eaten of the fruits of Championship. Thus I say on to you, be not wanton of victory, but pay homage to those that have victored before you.  :bow:    

« Last Edit: May 05/05/11, 03:16:22 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Ken don't kid yourself Willy will definitely have higher numbers then all of us in a few categories  :banghead: here are a couple examples of him from last year.  Good thing he only fished a few months.  It's a head scratcher he survived this long.
[/quote]

Well General I see you can't realist and chance to talk about me and I see you are having a hard time spelling my name so let me  :help: you out Wildlife Minnesota, Or you feel the heat of my present, Like Lee to give me a nick name, Now I know it ruff to admit, That I fish two mo/ and still beat you,  ;D     

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
                  "To be the man you have to beat the man"

Yea though I walk through The Valley of Smackdown I fear no blabbermouths. Thy rod and thy reel shalt comfort me. For thou art with me my Lund. Thus I have been to the mountain of victory and have eaten of the fruits of Championship. Thus I say on to you, be not wanton of victory, but pay homage to those that have victored before you.  :bow:    

Now Lee you was a Champion Back in the old day when their was no Challenge  :whistling:

The Heat is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I see you all are speechless,  :scratch:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Now as I see it their is one more person here that not sign in beside me  ;D

Oh MNO Tim Why are you not signing in?

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Now as I see it their is one more person here that not sign in beside me  ;D

Oh MNO Tim Why are you not signing in?
Becasue they closed the Long John Silvers in his town, no where to get a fish now!  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Say Lee, you notice that all the TALKERS on this here string, none of them have a ring on their finger  :queen2:

Welcome to the mix Ken nothing like another champ quietly throwing their hat in the ring...    :Clap:

With the small number of entries this year maybe this is the year a couple of champs will get paired or even tripled up!

The gambling board at Lake Iwanttobethere is already working on odds for the challenge.
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see you all are speechless,  :scratch:

Look Willy!,

At this particular stage of the game I've come to realize that you need to be considered a noncombatant. It's like you’ve entered the battle field, but instead have lost your way and are staggering around aimlessly. You don't even belong to this man's army of registered smackers.

Your just a wannabe that refuses to sign up for The Challenge figuring you can draw more attention to your self. The only way to regain some dignity is to sign up like the rest of your brothers & sisters. We have no redemption Island here for you to run and hide. It's time for you to man-up and register.

It's a long walk down the hall of shame and you are standing at the threshold as we speak. Do you enjoy being the odd man out? If you sign up now you will no longer be known as the odd man out. You will just be thought of as the odd man. :doah:

« Last Edit: May 05/05/11, 10:09:07 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: I'm bad. I thought Wild had signed up.. Can't really be laying Smack Down when you arn't even in the Challenge. No wonder Da General don't give ya much thought. Pretty much like voting, if ya ain't regester and ya don't vote you ain't got much right to bitch about what happens...

So having said that less than ten days till teams are drawn and we find out who is not going to win this years Challenge!!  :Fish:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Now look BB and Lee and you General I have full attentions of sign in on the last day of sign in which is one week away if you are not happy about that to bad,

Now there no were in the rules that said you can not post in the smack down thread if you are not sign so do not wine about it when you are getting smack down to size, or think you can change the rules to fit you,  ;D  
« Last Edit: May 05/06/11, 07:51:46 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Now look BB and Lee and you General I have full attentions of sign in on the last day of sign in which is one week away if you are not happy about that to bad,

Now there no were in the rules that said you can not post in the smack down thread if you are not sign so do not wine about it when you are getting smack down to size, or think you can change the rules to fit you,  ;D  

Put a lid on it Willy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I[/youtube]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: May 05/06/11, 02:04:01 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    We need to get the teams drawn soon.   I have the hit list hanging on my wall.  Two fortunate souls will be spared the wrath.   training-087
« Last Edit: May 05/06/11, 04:28:01 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just to show Willy there are no hard feelings regarding his stubborn attitude about not promptly signing up for The Fishing Challenge, I will make an unprecedented offer. If Willy signs up in the next 24 hrs. I will pay him and only him $25.00 CASH. This offer is providing his team comes in 1st place in The Challenge.

Now according to our Willy this would be an automatic given, since he has already proclaimed victory for his team. What say you Willy? Are you getting cold feet already? Is it getting a bit chilly Willy?  :popcorn:

The clock is ticking as of the time on this post........24 hrs. Don't play the fool. :banghead:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ni6iB3thsg[/youtube]

« Last Edit: May 05/06/11, 03:08:11 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I don't see MNO on that challenge sign up list either.   :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Just to show Willy there are no hard feelings regarding his stubborn attitude about not promptly signing up for The Fishing Challenge, I will make an unprecedented offer. If Willy signs up in the next 24 hrs. I will pay him and only him $25.00 CASH. This offer is providing his team comes in 1st place in The Challenge.

Now according to our Willy this would be an automatic given, since he has already proclaimed victory for his team. What say you Willy? Are you getting cold feet already? Is it getting a bit chilly Willy?  :popcorn:

The clock is ticking as of the time on this post........24 hrs. Don't play the fool. :banghead:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ni6iB3thsg[/youtube]

Hmm As To your offer, It would be nice to take your cash Lee ,  :sorry: But I will turn it down, Do to the fact of my word. as my word mean more to me then 25.00 in Cash, From you Lee.

As to me getting cold feet you are dreaming.  ;D  The only time I get cold feet is if I put my feet in ice cold water  :moon:

I will sign up on the last day.  :whistling: In less I am Dead  :whistling:
There is one more way that I may sign in sooner  If The General would make me a side-bet A one on one bet!!!! My score to his score No teams in this bet,
Now dose it look like I have cold Feet  :moon: If  The General agree we will work out the details On Sunday

As I will ask DDS to be the judge and to Keep score, and All fish must be photographed along side a clearly visible outstretched tape measure and must include the staple item. He must be able to read it.

As I feel This was between Me and The General and not you Lee or You BB or anyone else,

So now I have to leave here to night to go to SD and will not be back in tell Sunday.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Woe, hey, hold on there Seabiscuit.    We have to get the first challenge rolling before side challenges start.  We certainly can't drag me into frickus.  I have one challenge this year.  Win my way into the MNO Hall of Fame with my rag tag team of fisher people.  My personal goal is all my fish on one of my lures.   No where in my job description is Judge, umpire, ref, or baby sitter.  Thanks for the offer but I have to decline.  I think at this point all the judges might decline as well.  When you guys  :surrender: from the real challenge  would be the time for side bets.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]

So now I have to leave here to night to go to SD  
[/quote]

Well that just about sums it up folks. I would post the song "Man On The Run", but everyone can see that already. While your gone stop off at the Emerald City and see if you can get some courage from The Great Oz.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
The General gets so much attention on here it is almost as if He ran off with someones old lady.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Sneak peak at one of the Wilds fishing teammates... lucky there is no trout division  :Photography:

Bobby Bass

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
I need a couple things clarified about the staple item. Just so there is no question about validity.
 Does the blade need to be painted white or is a white skirt good enough?
 Does the blade need to be a willow leaf like the photo?
 What if by mistake there were two white spinnerbaits in the photo?
 Does the spinner bait need a birth certificate?
 These may seem like dumb questions but instances pop up where someone wants a fish disqualified because it was photographed with a spinnerbait that was not the actual lure in the photo.  
 If I find that exact one I will post where it came from here.
« Last Edit: May 05/07/11, 05:14:35 AM by kenhuntin »
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Does the spinnerbait need to have a skirt or is just the head enough?
    Can you use a spinnerbait with a different head and just a white skirt.
    Does the spinnerbait need 2 blades on it.
    Does the spinnerbait need  a hook?(I can make them without)-easier than clipping it off.
     Does the spinnerbait need red beads?
    Does the whole blade need to be white?
    Does it need an eye-if so does it have to be red.

will this work?                           :scratch:

« Last Edit: May 05/07/11, 07:12:46 AM by DDSBYDAY »