Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487722 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You will fall SEALTeam 6  as you are next on the list to fall strait down as The Barbarian's  will raise to the top  ;D  as you have seen The Barbarian's when from 7 to 4 now 2 place in one day and the top we will go.  ;D 

BB you just site their and have a beer as you have not post one fish to date  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: So you have no room to talk  ;D 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
The new Barbarians 2011 Challenge hit list. :green archer:  :popcorn:[/b]

:archery: We have you in our sights with our bow strings drawn tight. :green archer:

#1 The short lived Walruses team. :sick:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/31/11, 08:41:00 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Just like the Barbarians to shoot a guy in the back.

Nice job fellow SEALTeam6 members.  I'll post us up another walleye here in the next few days to gain us a few more inches.  I think the rest of the pack is still spinning in their boat seats as we flew past them so fast.  Nice fish G.O.  :happy1:

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
You will fall SEALTeam 6  as you are next on the list to fall strait down as The Barbarian's  will raise to the top  ;D  as you have seen The Barbarian's when from 7 to 4 now 2 place in one day and the top we will go.  ;D  

BB you just site their and have a beer as you have not post one fish to date  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: So you have no room to talk  ;D  
Thats the thing about a TEAM event, we all get to share. I am lucky enough to have a team that can catch fish. I'll add some inches to the total.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: May 05/31/11, 09:26:39 AM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just like the Barbarians to shoot a guy in the back.

Nice job fellow SEALTeam6 members.  I'll post us up another walleye here in the next few days to gain us a few more inches.  I think the rest of the pack is still spinning in their boat seats as we flew past them so fast.  Nice fish G.O.  :happy1:

The only reason our victim's get it in the back is because they are always running away from us. If they would turn around and face us it would look like this. :archery:

« Last Edit: May 05/31/11, 09:34:39 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Say Greatoutdoors, kind of nice fishing in this calm water up ahead of the pack.  :fishing2:  I noticed a few boats behind us and some are still tied up at the dock.  :titanic:  Did you see that guy in the fur hat yelling at us as we zipped on by?   :banghead: No big deal, he is nothing but a dot on the horizon now.... Yup, time to crack a beer and just drift for awhile.  :toast:
Yeah, but it's real hard to see those boats coming up BEHIND us when they're that far back. ;D Probably need a set of binoculars to recognize anyone.
So that was some guy yelling at us when we went by??  I just thought it was a big, ugly Muskrat! :woot:
Think I'll head out again in about an hour to see if we can upgrade a bit. :happy1:
The Boobarians teeth must be chattering from fear, knowing that SEALTeam 6 is on the move again today?? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Great, rumor has it Lee is looking to add another week to his vacation up in your neck of the woods, You should be all done with his spots by then, right! :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
When he stops at the grocery store in Ely before heading to Moose Lake, I'll stick some C4 with a water activated detonator on the bottom of his boat. ;D
When he backs it into the lake, his fishing will be all over (just like his boat) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
When he stops at the grocery store in Ely before heading to Moose Lake, I'll stick some C4 with a water activated detonator on the bottom of his boat. ;D
When he backs it into the lake, his fishing will be all over (just like his boat) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
You could just put a sucker in his rod locker and let it naturally age some.  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last year we didn't even use the boat. With my methods we just have to fish off the dock. :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
One of the locals up in Ely sent me a photo of greatoutdoors fishing one of his best spots.

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Boy what happen to DDS did he get hit in the head with a golf ball or did he smash his hand ? I  :scratch: he loss his way  :banghead:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boy what happen to DDS did he get hit in the head with a golf ball or did he smash his hand ? I  :scratch: he loss his way  :banghead:

I think he's been hiding out in his laboratory trying to create a new fishing line that you can use to floss your teeth and use as leader line on your Lindy Rigs. :Fish:  Rumor has it that he's also discovered some type of fountain of youth lure. :bow:

« Last Edit: May 05/31/11, 06:11:43 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
You could just put a sucker in his rod locker and let it naturally age some.  :whistling:
Bobby,
I'd put a big sucker in his rod locker, but then we'd see it entered as a whistleing Walleye, after Lee found it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bobby,
I'd put a big sucker in his rod locker, but then we'd see it entered as a whistleing Walleye, after Lee found it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

"whistleing Walleye?" Must be one a dem air rural jokes. :scratch:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Boy what happen to DDS did he get hit in the head with a golf ball or did he smash his hand ? I  :scratch: he loss his way  :banghead:

I am still here.  I have 2 weeks to get ready for the annual golf tourney.  As soon as that is done I promise I will focus my attention to the 2011 fishing challenge and smackdown.  Fishing and golf have a lot in common.   Watch the Masters golf tourney and for the first 3 days you will see no names and past champions.  Come Sunday the leader board changes.  It will take 90+ inches to win.     Team "Make a Move"  will be in the hunt when it matters.   :happy1: :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS It good that you stop by to say Hi even if you are not on the board,  :happy1:
The Barbarians in 2 place we will move in to take over 1 place soon and SEALTeam6 will not see it coming as they are putting all their forces on Lee and this boat as I will crush them  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Oh ya DDS all the walleyes I have got this year was on your jig.  ;D not the new one you send me  ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS It good that you stop by to say Hi even if you are not on the board,  :happy1:
The Barbarians in 2 place we will move in to take over 1 place soon and SEALTeam6 will not see it coming as they are putting all their forces on Lee and this boat as I will crush them  :whistling:

Team "Make A Move" will be in the hunt.  Congrats on the eye.  I can't wait to see it. I hope you got the jig  in the pic.   I think it will come down to the pike.   This challenge will not be won with 2 aces.  It will take 3. :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well the contest isn't even a month over and SEALTeam6 has cracked the 80 inch mark.  Well Willy that Walleye better be about 37 inches long or you're still just going to be in second if that's all you posted today.  I also ran into this guy and he said he was kicked of the Barbarian's team tryouts for being to tough.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Whoooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee, way to go General!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The second place team (whose name escapes me) gets a little lippy, and SEALTeam 6 responds by stepping on the gas to increase the lead!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Varooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!! training-087 training-087 training-087
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Not a problem G.O, just doing a little tightening of the noose on the other teams. 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The challenge is a marathon.  Congrats to the teams sprinting the first mile.  See ya soon.  I hope you don't catch a cold as we go by.   :sick:   80 inches might get you in to the top 10.   :coffee:   Pump it up to 89 or 90+ and I would give you a chance at the top 3.   :whistling:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
  The challenge is a marathon.  Congrats to the teams sprinting the first mile.  See ya soon.  I hope you don't catch a cold as we go by.   :sick:   80 inches might get you in to the top 10.   :coffee:   Pump it up to 89 or 90+ and I would give you a chance at the top 3.   :whistling:

Well according to history 1 inch will get us past anything you're going to post  :rotflmao:

P.S. NO WILLY STOP STARRING this isn't guess what kind of bird it is.  
« Last Edit: June 06/01/11, 10:08:20 PM by The General »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I can't quite hear you.  Just a moment I will turn this thing off. ;D      (These things are awesome)!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
     I can't quite hear you.  Just a moment I will turn this thing off. ;D      (These things are awesome)!!!!!

You must be using the fish repellent cartridge again.  How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
????Illegal Alien Mexican Snowy Owl??? ;D  My guess of the bird of the day!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Looks like a baby seal disguised as a barbarian to me.  The end result for both is the same.  I usually am anti  seal clubbing but this is a special circumstance.    :taz:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice to see DDS still posting in the smack down even though he'll be lucky to over take last place.  I sure noticed Willy has shut it since realizing his teams beat down.  I saw him yesterday and snapped a pick.  I tried to cheer him up but he wasn't having it.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I don't enjoy or condone clubbing seals it's just so darn easy.    :rotflmao:   Throw in  a couple of barbarians on the side and you have a can of  :spam:.   :whistling: