Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487526 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the secret is " Never mix pop with your booze"  :tequila;
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Well the secret is " Never mix pop with your booze"  :tequila;

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Just so you know, Hunterdown, Hunterdowns son and myself will be with Fawkinnae when he goes to harvest that tame northern he catches every year.  We will be watching him closely and we just may between the three of us distract Doug long enough to put that thing in someone else's boat.    ;)   Sorry Fawk,  first the girls now the fish.  All from a past teammate.   :whistling:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
So DDS they must be bringing you for an extra limit and to carry the gear.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I'm up to the task.  They still talk about when they handed you the gear.  It went a little something like this. ;D

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I have never made that trip so pretty hard for me to carry the gear.  Plus when is the last time a General ever carried the gear? :scratch:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I have never made that trip so pretty hard for me to carry the gear.  Plus when is the last time a General ever carried the gear? :scratch:

Maybe that why your not on there team,,,,  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Just so you know, Hunterdown, Hunterdowns son and myself will be with Fawkinnae when he goes to harvest that tame northern he catches every year.  We will be watching him closely and we just may between the three of us distract Doug long enough to put that thing in someone else's boat.    ;)   Sorry Fawk,  first the girls now the fish.  All from a past teammate.   :whistling:

A good fisherman knows all the angles.

A reel expert can tackle anything.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Sure hope you guys make it out to the camp... without someone showing you the way. 
:whistling: x 2     And by the way the girls will be in my boat.  And by the way again... Mr. Pike added another 3" over the winter.   ;D
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Sure hope you guys make it out to the camp... without someone showing you the way. 
:whistling: x 2     And by the way the girls will be in my boat.  And by the way again... Mr. Pike added another 3" over the winter.   ;D

Now Fawkinnae How do you  :scratch: you are going to have the girls in your boat, You have a hard time getting your kick ass grill off a frozen lake,    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You will have a hard time getting you boat off your trailer  :whistling: let alone girls in your boat,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Girls on your boats..  :cheerleader: .... female minnows don't count!
Bobby Bass

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Girls on your boats..  :cheerleader: .... female minnows don't count!

Bobby - they count double!
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
You guys are all worried about who is going to have  Fawkinnea's Eelpout girls in their boat for the tournament  :bs: while I will be inviting three Fat girls into mine  :Clap:......  A Fat female walleye, Northern and Bass.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I being a team player only wanted one of Fawks eelpout girls in my boat.  The one on the left.  She kind of reminds me of my x wifes older and uglier sister.  I don't understand the attraction but it is there.  As far as the fishing goes I think team Dream Crushers is falling apart.  We did manage second place which simply will not do.  I wish you guys the best of luck.  You are going to need it.
 :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You guys are all worried about who is going to have  Fawkinnea's Eelpout girls in their boat for the tournament  :bs: while I will be inviting three Fat girls into mine  :Clap:......  A Fat female walleye, Northern and Bass.

Who said I want them in my boat for the tournament, If they was,Hell I would never catch a fish.  ;) I would use my best pole and share it with them,  :whistling: But then I would said the hell with the tournament too,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pardon me if I step aside from the jokes and crazy stuff for a moment. You see I've been pondering The Fishing Challenge and as I see it my teams have gone from 1st to 2nd to 3rd place over the years. Therefore as I've looked back at the year one 1st place championship victory it came to me.

What made the difference in year one? I'll tell you! It was a matter of discipline and work ethic. Therefore I've decided to have my newly chosen team go back in time to recapture the edge we had in 2008. We will go back to basics with a stern regiment of training techniques as we did in 2008.

I don't mind sharing our training methods with our competition. This is simply because they won't have the stamina or willpower to achieve the level of greatness that will be ours. Here is just a brief peek of our level one regiment :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8oZGHDTt4&feature=related

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yeah right. This looks more like Team Lee.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yeah right. This looks more like Team Lee.

Believe it or not about 25 yrs. ago Borgie bought the original Richards Sweatin to the oldies video. I always teased her about what a waste of money that was. She opened the package and watched it while sitting on the couch. To this day she gets mad when ever I mention that video. So, I only bring it up about 4 times a year.  :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I know I have yet to enter however I can no longer hold my tongue. Having an overlimit of Women on your boat is not smart nor fair to other anglers. Back in the day when Me and my fishing partner would notice a vessel with more women aboard than men we would approach and announce that being "wardens" we needed to confiscate the overlimit of girls. You young guys would be surprised as to how well that maneuver works. You do not even need a fishing partner to have it work because that is how I became a father for the first time out in the middle of Deer lake. Yes we are still married 23 years later.
Wildlife how can you talk they way you do when just last Valentines day you were bragging about how lucky you are to have your :queen2:?
Regardless I definately want a coyote hat so I need to get to Perham pretty soon.
I really have no smack talk to offer because I can just point to the scoreboard. (until May anyway)
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Lee, we had some special training go on there, including that special dock fishing music we would fish to. I think it was just down from the Generals cabin..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD4S7gBVoko&feature=related
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I can see the past champions flexing their muscle.  Just a warning.  You have a little wiggle room. I will give you that.  BUT  I may just need someone to put a star on the top of my tree this year.  What could be better than a  past champion.  

« Last Edit: March 03/22/11, 11:38:04 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya Lee, we had some special training go on there, including that special dock fishing music we would fish to. I think it was just down from the Generals cabin..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD4S7gBVoko&feature=related

That music I don't seem to remember to well. On the other hand I didn't remember to much after all the Hamm's you supplied. I'll never forget those endless coolers of Hamm's you'd bring down to the dock each night and then you'd say they fell off the Hamm's truck while delivering at the lodge. :scratch:

« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 09:08:13 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
There was a brave knight..... in The Challenge last year.....But now he just sits and sips on his beer :toast:..... kenhuntin's his name, that does ring a bell.......but a Championship this year ?.........he won't get a smell.

A 2 peat you see has never been done.......and watching him fail......you know will be fun!..... Oh sure he'll try hard......but fail he will.   He may change his name to Buffalo Bill.........See, he's good with the guns.......but lost his fish skill....... and maybe a tad of his great fishing will? :cry:

You have just been smacked!  training-087

Enjoy your last season as top dog your kingness :cry:

« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 09:03:30 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I go fishing to get rid of the girls.  But I tell you what my boat would have a cooler full of beer for sure.  Plus any ladies you guys came back with I could steal later.  They say something about dropping the zero and getting with the hero. :king: 

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I go fishing to get rid of the girls.  But I tell you what my boat would have a cooler full of beer for sure.  Plus any ladies you guys came back with I could steal later.  They say something about dropping the zero and getting with the hero. :king: 

Well as I see it I am the hero, As I look at last year I myself out fish you That would make you a zero, As far as you steal ladies you can not steal a fish, Let a  lone steal ladies, It must get pretty boarding on you boat drinking all that beer by yourself with no ladies no fish,  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Wildlife how can you talk they way you do when just last Valentines day you were bragging about how lucky you are to have your :queen2:?
Regardless I definately want a coyote hat so I need to get to Perham pretty soon.
I really have no smack talk to offer because I can just point to the scoreboard. (until May anyway)

I Am lucky  :happy1: I can do this Because it the smack down, This is were we can talk sh**, I
Now to the coyote hat I have two done right now, One is just call your name, kenhuntin kenhuntin

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well Ken if you buy a hat from WLM you'll be the first who owns one who can actually catch a fish.  Now get signed up for the challenge so what you say in the smack down can actually be taken seriously.   :happy1:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Can there be a curse? There has never been a repeat and no one wears more than one ring on their thick finger. We have fishermen here who think they are Indiana Jones, they talk like they will ride in on their boats flashing their rods and walk away with the prize. Never getting their hat wet or there boat dented.

For those of us who have had the prize we sit under shade trees with our fishing shoes ankle deep in lush green grass waiting and watching. Some are distracted by cases of Hamms beer fish small little ponds looking to catch that one big one. Others look forward to the draw and hope to be matched up again with former partners or maybe another former champ. But we all know there is always the threat of the draw putting us together with our mother in law.

So we wait and we bide our time, not saying much we sharpen hooks and wearing jeweler glasses we clean the gears of our reels. We walk through the aisles of bait shops and pause and pretend interested in a lure when someone talks about catching fish. Our wide brim fedoras are pulled down low and a five day growth of graying beard shows around unlit expensive stogies hanging from quiet mouths. We are not saying much, but we are watching and we are listening and yes we are taking notes. The draw is months away but we will be ready, maybe if you are lucky you will by the luck of the draw be matched up with one of us or dare I say it two of us or will this be the year when three former members will form a new team.
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Can there be a curse? There has never been a repeat and no one wears more than one ring on their thick finger. We have fishermen here who think they are Indiana Jones, they talk like they will ride in on their boats flashing their rods and walk away with the prize. Never getting their hat wet or there boat dented.

For those of us who have had the prize we sit under shade trees with our fishing shoes ankle deep in lush green grass waiting and watching. Some are distracted by cases of Hamms beer fish small little ponds looking to catch that one big one. Others look forward to the draw and hope to be matched up again with former partners or maybe another former champ. But we all know there is always the threat of the draw putting us together with our mother in law.

So we wait and we bide our time, not saying much we sharpen hooks and wearing jeweler glasses we clean the gears of our reels. We walk through the aisles of bait shops and pause and pretend interested in a lure when someone talks about catching fish. Our wide brim fedoras are pulled down low and a five day growth of graying beard shows around unlit expensive stogies hanging from quiet mouths. We are not saying much, but we are watching and we are listening and yes we are taking notes. The draw is months away but we will be ready, maybe if you are lucky you will by the luck of the draw be matched up with one of us or dare I say it two of us or will this be the year when three former members will form a new team.

:blablabla:

I hope I never get old.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
My worst nightmare is to wind up on the same team as my wife.  :queen: may start to demand control of the tiller. We would be in competition for the same fish for the same team. If she out fishes me she could steal all my thunder and may be recognized as the lead person on my team. :banghead:

Not only that, but wherever she goes, so goes the team name Borgies Raiders. I just can't vision myself on a team named Borgie's Raiders. I was wondering if I could get special dispensation regarding a husband and wife being on the same team? Most of you guys know where I'm coming from I'm sure. :help: Can anyone out there come up with any loopholes that I could use just in case?
« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 12:58:33 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports