Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487498 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee,
You could plead insanity after pushing here overboard.  So we would hate to see that happen to Borgie so to keep her safe she shouldn't be on your team.  Plus she better not be on my team unles she's will to change the name to Borgie's Beer Drinkers or something cool.  Borgie's Raiders smells of failure.......well it has for the last 3 years anyway.  If you're not first you're last. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

:blablabla:

"I hope I never get old."

Well, I'd say your about 5 yrs to late with that comment General!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 01:10:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee,
You could plead insanity after pushing here overboard.  So we would hate to see that happen to Borgie so to keep her safe she shouldn't be on your team.  Plus she better not be on my team unles she's will to change the name to Borgie's Beer Drinkers or something cool.  Borgie's Raiders smells of failure.......well it has for the last 3 years anyway.  If you're not first you're last. :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: My god where does that put you General?? You have finished so far behind the leaders you are like fishing from a corn field in Iowa while entered in a in a marlin contest. I do like how you think your fishing team will take your team name, I have to take a drink everytime someone tells me that I could get on a team with you. I would not mind fishing with you for real, It would allow me to catch another limit of fish.  :Clap: :Clap:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry Lee but I always thought 40 was over the hill.......I still have a few years before I get there. :toast:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee,
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: My god where does that put you General?? You have finished so far behind the leaders you are like fishing from a corn field in Iowa while entered in a in a marlin contest. I do like how you think your fishing team will take your team name, I have to take a drink everytime someone tells me that I could get on a team with you. I would not mind fishing with you for real, It would allow me to catch another limit of fish.  :Clap: :Clap:

Well BB where does that put you?  Don't you remember getting your  :moon: handed to you last year from yours truly.  Could you possibly make it any easier to smack talk you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  So the way I would see it being on a team with me would only put you that much closer to the trophy......I'm the one who should be drinking. 

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple of "Old" men were standing in the water along a stream eyeing the quiet bend in the river. Wearing well worn waders with round black patches they looked through a collection of hand tied flies made over the long winter. Behind them they heard a loud crack of a breaking branch followed by the heavy footsteps of the General running down the slope. He paused at the edge of the river before yelling out " I'm going catch me some fish!" He then jumped in the river. He quickly disappeared from view.

" Bobby, you think we should have told him we are standing on a rock?" Said Lee

"To late now" Bobby replied, to that he added, " Say Lee, what you say the two of us go and catch us some fish" Lee winking said. "Let's take our time and catch them all!"  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
and again BB that guy your trying to make fun of out fished you.  All while making time to go for a swim, drink a few beers, watch the ladies at the beach, take some pictures.......heck I barely made time to fish and still stomped a mud hole in yah.  *BB goes back to eating the soup I sent him last year, compliments of Eastwood's bad arse school for the brave and smart*

« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 04:28:58 PM by The General »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to volunteer to draw the team pairings for this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if I accidently paired up Bobby and General :blues brothers:.  That I'd love to see. You never know folks. :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm going to volunteer to draw the team pairings for this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if I accidently paired up Bobby and General :blues brothers:.  That I'd love to see. You never know folks. :rotflmao:

Stop Lee, you're going to make Bobby fall off the wagon thinking about it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Me fishing with the General! I'd rather go to work for BP and tell everyone that oil is good for your fishing!  :banghead:

Yes, picking teams will be interesting,  :oops1:  I think we will have to out scource it to someone trustworthy,  :Hunter:  honest,  :police:  dependable,  :nerd: unbribable beyong the thought of any kind of an arrangement...  :queen2: Hmmmm  :sorry:  I think we are screwed  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
A couple of "Old" men were standing in the water along a stream eyeing the quiet bend in the river. Wearing well worn waders with round black patches they looked through a collection of hand tied flies made over the long winter. Behind them they heard a loud crack of a breaking branch followed by the heavy footsteps of the General running down the slope. He paused at the edge of the river before yelling out " I'm going catch me some fish!" He then jumped in the river. He quickly disappeared from view.

" Bobby, you think we should have told him we are standing on a rock?" Said Lee

"To late now" Bobby replied, to that he added, " Say Lee, what you say the two of us go and catch us some fish" Lee winking said. "Let's take our time and catch them all!"  :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Boy That Dose sound like The General ,

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Me fishing with the General! I'd rather go to work for BP and tell everyone that oil is good for your fishing!  :banghead:

Yes, picking teams will be interesting,  :oops1:  I think we will have to out scource it to someone trustworthy,  :Hunter:  honest,  :police:  dependable,  :nerd: unbribable beyong the thought of any kind of an arrangement...  :queen2: Hmmmm  :sorry:  I think we are screwed  :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee,

Well BB where does that put you?  Don't you remember getting your  :moon: handed to you last year from yours truly.  Could you possibly make it any easier to smack talk you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  So the way I would see it being on a team with me would only put you that much closer to the trophy......I'm the one who should be drinking. 
Really I mean really. You Whoop my ass.. Yes you won our short little challenge. Of course we had to make it short cuz you could not fish once the beer got cold in the boat. I seem to remember a lot of video's with a lot of fish caught by me. I also seem to rememer saying that you won fair and square but as I also promised you would keep bring it up cuz you are just that kind of guy.

Funny how me being a past champion means nothing as you have said repeately that is old news. But you winning our head to head mini challenge is o so very important to you. Care to make a little side bet for this year? A challenge that goes the entire length of the 2011 challenge? Just me and you General not our teams. I'll wager a find hand rolled cigar, something for you to choke on ! :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well WLM and his team beat my team last year by what under an inch and he has the joy of smacking me around for that and I don't come unglued about it.  It's all in fun.  But my advice would be if you can't take it don't dish it.  I mean dang you started this whole thread by taking a shot at me, which is fine I rather like it.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 06:56:39 PM by The General »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   No side bets boys.  At least not until I can't see your name on the leader board without scrolling down.   :rotflmao:  (that should not take too long).   You guys should not worry about winning.  Just try really hard not to finish last.  ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Funny how me being a past champion means nothing as you have said repeately that is old news.

2008 is old news + I think our team even manged to finish in second, not the middle of a corn field (but it could of well have been because second is just the first place loser).  Even the Packers get a year to be called the champs and talk about it.  
« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 07:33:21 PM by The General »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well WLM and his team beat my team last year by what under an inch and he has the joy of smacking me around for that and I don't come unglued about it.  It's all in fun.  But my advice would be if you can't take it don't dish it.  I mean dang you started this whole thread by taking a shot at me, which is fine I rather like it.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:   :Clap:  " But my advice would be if you can't take it don't dish it. " What someone throws a little water on you scarcrow and you beg off!! I'm right here General as a matter of fact I think I'll just start calling you my Little Private because we all know you have to earn your way up through the ranks to become a general.
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
My worst nightmare is to wind up on the same team as my wife.  :queen: may start to demand control of the tiller. We would be in competition for the same fish for the same team. If she out fishes me she could steal all my thunder and may be recognized as the lead person on my team. :banghead:

Not only that, but wherever she goes, so goes the team name Borgies Raiders. I just can't vision myself on a team named Borgie's Raiders. I was wondering if I could get special dispensation regarding a husband and wife being on the same team? Most of you guys know where I'm coming from I'm sure. :help: Can anyone out there come up with any loopholes that I could use just in case?

Lee, you would be lucky to have her as a teammate.  As would any of us.  I would be happy to fish on the Borgie's Raiders team.  I see a victory in the near future for the Raiders.  She may not rub it in everyday for a year but if I'm on her team I might just be up to the task.   :toast:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well WLM and his team beat my team last year by what under an inch and he has the joy of smacking me around for that and I don't come unglued about it.  It's all in fun.  But my advice would be if you can't take it don't dish it.  I mean dang you started this whole thread by taking a shot at me, which is fine I rather like it.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:   :Clap:  " But my advice would be if you can't take it don't dish it. " What someone throws a little water on you scarcrow and you beg off!! I'm right here General as a matter of fact I think I'll just start calling you my Little Private because we all know you have to earn your way up through the ranks to become a general.

Glad you went outside to have a smoke and calm down.  I like this Bobby much better.  By the way what is below a private????? Since I whooped you in all you have to be something lower then that.  By the way my screen name has nothing to do with the military, just like yours has nothing to do with the skills or lack there of in regards to catching bass. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 08:15:48 PM by The General »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just came back from watching 2 hrs. of American Idle and what do I see. The same two stubborn dudes here going round and round and round and round. It's like........ :puke:

Well, just stop and stare for a minute and you'll get my drift

« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 09:31:26 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
[/quote]

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:   :Clap:  " But my advice would be if you can't take it don't dish it. " What someone throws a little water on you scarcrow and you beg off!! I'm right here General as a matter of fact I think I'll just start calling you my Little Private because we all know you have to earn your way up through the ranks to become a general.
[/quote]

Little privates have nothing to do with fishing.  That's best kept between you and the Mrs. :rotflmao: ;)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
My worst nightmare is to wind up on the same team as my wife.  :queen: may start to demand control of the tiller. We would be in competition for the same fish for the same team. If she out fishes me she could steal all my thunder and may be recognized as the lead person on my team. :banghead:

Not only that, but wherever she goes, so goes the team name Borgies Raiders. I just can't vision myself on a team named Borgie's Raiders. I was wondering if I could get special dispensation regarding a husband and wife being on the same team? Most of you guys know where I'm coming from I'm sure. :help: Can anyone out there come up with any loopholes that I could use just in case?

Lee, you would be lucky to have her as a teammate.  As would any of us.  I would be happy to fish on the Borgie's Raiders team.  I see a victory in the near future for the Raiders.  She may not rub it in everyday for a year but if I'm on her team I might just be up to the task.   :toast:

I bet you would be  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/11, 09:54:11 PM by The General »

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Yep that bigger than what you had, and no it was not my team that kick your team  :moon: it was me that kick your  :moon:  as last year I was the alone one who posted fish That why, I can say I kick your  :moon: last year, Or kick your team  :moon:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Lee, you would be lucky to have her as a teammate.  As would any of us.  I would be happy to fish on the Borgie's Raiders team.  I see a victory in the near future for the Raiders.  She may not rub it in everyday for a year but if I'm on her team I might just be up to the task.   :toast:
[/quote]
[/quote] I too would be more than happy to have Borgie on my team or me on hers. I know I could count on her for a walleye!!
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys think your so bad training-087 Well, move over because I've just found the future smackdown queen.  :Fish: Even Borgie ain't that mean.

« Last Edit: March 03/25/11, 09:05:41 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby Bass

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You guys think your so bad training-087 Well, move over because I've just found the future smackdown queen.  :Fish: Even Borgie ain't that mean.

Tread lightly old man of mine or I shall soon show you the real "Queen Of Mean."

Borgie  :queen:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/11, 01:15:49 PM by Borgie »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
We are up to 7 full teams.  General you still at this point have a chance to break into the top ten.  :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just noticed that greatoutdoors (Jim Maki) signed for the 2011 fishing challenge. This will be his freshman year so let's all welcome him to the smackdown thread boys'. Almost forgot he sent me a photo of some walleye he caught years ago. Well, that was then and this is now. The pressure is on now son. There is no looking back to yesteryear!

Welcome lad.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Jim, welcome to the challenge.  That's the easy part.  If you choose to enter the smack down you will need to sit down,  put  a life vest on and catch a bigger fish.   ;) ;D