Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487409 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee took me out to practice fishing for the challenge to pass some of his knowledge on to the younger generation.  The bear did try and take one of my fish, but his loose tooth stuck in my knuckle. :happy1:

Well Lee it must suck to get old because this was posted back on page 10.  I didn't join fishing class 101 I just said your fishing knowledge was so bad I could have just as well took fishing 101 at the local Jr. High.  Bobby may want weight/lindy rig/bird identification classes but I sure don't need it.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/11, 08:48:12 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
The only award Greatoutdoors is ever going to win.

Hey, Hey there Generalisimo Electric, training-087
Those cross eyes on the photo will be yours when you see the entries I start sending in to the contest!!!!!! :dancinred:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Just a helpful reminder for some of the older participants' in the Challenge this year. To stay ahead of the pack it's time begin our annual training regiment. In case you've forgotten how it goes, just follow the instructions posted below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIsLsDXXJUE[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 04/08/11, 08:02:28 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee,
I've already starting pumping iron and hitting the treadmill to get in shape for a summer of yanking in the hogs for the contest. :dancinred:
Even thinking about throwing an oxy cylinder from the bait truck into the boat, just in case I'm having an extra good outing, and need an occasional blast!! training-087
(That's pretty sad!!  It used to be beer instead of oxy a few years ago.) :cry:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter; What Will Willy do?? :whistling:.......... :reporter; Oh What Will Willy do?? :popcorn:

Will Willy or won't Willy that is the question. Will Willy have the Will, or Willy be afraid to sign up for The 2011 Challenge? Will someone be Will-ing to call Willy out on this? Hey! Should Willy be scorned upon and Will that help? What Will Willy do? Willy best man up or we Will have to impose or Will on Willy. I know that Will not make Willy happy. Will you wait Willy till the last minute to find you Will not have enough members to make a team. How bad Will silly Willy feel then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FguJqN5VQw&feature=related

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/09/11, 07:09:12 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
:reporter; What Will Willy do?? :whistling:.......... :reporter; Oh What Will Willy do?? :popcorn:

Will Willy or won't Willy that is the question. Will Willy have the Will, or Willy be afraid to sign up for The 2011 Challenge? Will someone be Will-ing to call Willy out on this? Hey! Should Willy be scorned upon and Will that help? What Will Willy do? Willy best man up or we Will have to impose or Will on Willy. I know that Will not make Willy happy. Will you wait Willy till the last minute to find you Will not have enough members to make a team. How bad Will silly Willy feel then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FguJqN5VQw&feature=related

Well You will just have to wait and see what I will do, As I will do just what I want, As far as me not having team mat that would be like normal, That because I am the one man team that is going to smoke right to the top and then sit back and watch you all trip over ea other for 2 place,, There how the sore board will look,,,

1 Place Wildlife Minnesota  :Photography:
2 place will failed
3 place will failed 
4 place will failed 
5 place will failed 
6 place will failed 
7 place will failed 
8 place will failed 
9 place will failed 
10 place will failed 
Not on the board  The General  will really failed   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: wildlifeminnesota on July 02, 2010, 09:01:31 AM
Well back to the lake, I will be in #1 place when I get Back, General  This should give you some time to  :scratch:  of some new line, I the  :king:  will be back to smack you around,   

When are you coming back from the lake?
Why did the Honorable Wildlife Minnesota quit the challenge last year on July 02 so early in the competition? I have heard one reason is it was too windy. please tell us the real truth.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well back to the lake, I will be in #1 place when I get Back, General  This should give you some time to  :scratch:  of some new line, I the  :king:  will be back to smack you around,  

Why did the Honorable Wildlife Minnesota quit the challenge last year on July 02 so early in the competition? I have heard one reason is it was too windy. please tell us the real truth.

Let's cut our boy some slack here. I think there was also a wee nip in the air that morning :doah: and his Burger King crown blew off. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/11, 08:43:47 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Ken, what do you expect?  Did you see the hat Lee posted he was wearing.......Willy couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag.  Either that or he's still out trolling  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :king:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well back to the lake, I will be in #1 place when I get Back, General  This should give you some time to  :scratch:  of some new line, I the  :king:  will be back to smack you around,   

Yep you are right it was windy F4 Tornado windy, Now it not like I quit the challenge I was  :help: family friend out, as I would hope you all would do the same,  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Ken, what do you expect?  Did you see the hat Lee posted he was wearing.......Willy couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag.  Either that or he's still out trolling  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :king:

Well look who talking, You can not here you tip up, But the guys on the other side of the lake could, So if I could not find his way out of a wet paper bag And I bet you, That mean you are in worst shape then me  :scratch: so you have know room to talk,   :moon: :moon:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/11, 07:45:06 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
The word on the street has it that DDSBYDAY has gone off the deep end (as if we didn't know). :taz:  It seems that he's trashed his office and turned it fishing lure laboratory. Since he's started working with plastics he's been experimenting on his patients. At this point a new glow in the dark compound designed for tubes and worms is looking to be a success.

The problem is he's found reason to use it on his patients. It's been proven that it works well for fillings and false teeth. Forget the days of the gold fillings and the grill. His business has tripled in the last two weeks and a lot of unsavory drug dealers, gang leaders, an such have started to funnel their way into his once quiet little town. His waiting room is now jammed with unsavory characters looking to upgrade their teeth with the new Glow Plastics compound.  

Everyone appreciates your entrepreneurship, but as members of The 2011 Fishing Challenge committee we may have to reconsider your current enrollment. It seems to the committee that your skills and expertise in the lure making industry has taken a turn for the worse.

**Please be advised that you will be given up to 10 days to respond to the committee with your intentions. At that point and time the committee will make our final decision as to the future of your Fishing Challenge enrollment status.

« Last Edit: April 04/12/11, 10:44:29 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee,
Being new to the Challenge and smackdown, I'm a bit lost so I need your help. :newhere:
Why does the forum have a picture of some weird wolf/fox/deer antler combo animal taking a big turd that looks just like a guy with a mustache??? :dancinred:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :woot:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Lee, I found your post interesting to say the least.  I am working on a internal glow jig that will be used inside a clear  tube. I think I will send you a couple.   I also am working on colored 1/2 oz. tube heads to  be inserted into the clear tubes for a new look.  If you by chance are on my team I know you will be able to contribute some.  If not at least you should be able to post something for the young guys to look at.   I have been absent for a little while.  I have been locked in a life and death battle with the IRS  :banghead:.  They must audit this site.  I mentioned I was in the market for a new boat.  They feel different.  This IRS battle will be over on Thurs.  It will be the only battle I have no chance of winning this summer.  I will be back next week to start toying with you guys.  I will be ready to dish out a little smack.  I did put the IRS on hold while I made a spot for the first place trophy.  Just a warning- I got bored swatting gnats.  I prefer to pluck one wing off, tie them to a hair and make them dance.  Get the dancing shoes on everybody.    :dancinred: .     
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Lee,
Being new to the Challenge and smackdown, I'm a bit lost so I need your help. :newhere:
Why does the forum have a picture of some weird wolf/fox/deer antler combo animal taking a big turd that looks just like a guy with a mustache??? :dancinred:

Now Lee I know your eyes are bad but that a Coyote with deer antler, I call it a Coyote a lop,

Lee I here you have a new planed To try to win the Challenge, I got a phone call at the store, She said her name was Borgie and she was call for you, She was asking me if I could make you a hot pink bikini With beaver fur, she when on to tell me that you was going to put this on and jump in the lake and all the fish would jump in the boat all blinded for life,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You know this plan may work for you, Hell we all would me blinded for life,, :whistling: :whistling:   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee,

Now Lee I know your eyes are bad but that a Coyote with deer antler, I call it a Coyote a lop,

Lee I here you have a new planed To try to win the Challenge, I got a phone call at the store, She said her name was Borgie and she was call for you, She was asking me if I could make you a hot pink bikini With beaver fur, she when on to tell me that you was going to put this on and jump in the lake and all the fish would jump in the boat all blinded for life,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You know this plan may work for you, Hell we all would me blinded for life,, :whistling: :whistling:   

Just make sure that bikini is a least a 4 XL and don't make it pink. I don't want it to match yours. Gun metal gray would be fine. By the way it wasn't me that said it was a wolf it was greatoutdoors. You know I wouldn't make an error like that.

I know that you tend to make up :bs: stories so I checked with Borgie to see if she called your store or not. She said yes she did. So, your off the hook on that issue. :scratch:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   Lee, I found your post interesting to say the least.  I am working on a internal glow jig that will be used inside a clear  tube. I think I will send you a couple.   I also am working on colored 1/2 oz. tube heads to  be inserted into the clear tubes for a new look.  If you by chance are on my team I know you will be able to contribute some.  If not at least you should be able to post something for the young guys to look at.   I have been absent for a little while.  I have been locked in a life and death battle with the IRS  :banghead:.  They must audit this site.  I mentioned I was in the market for a new boat.  They feel different.  This IRS battle will be over on Thurs.  It will be the only battle I have no chance of winning this summer.  I will be back next week to start toying with you guys.  I will be ready to dish out a little smack.  I did put the IRS on hold while I made a spot for the first place trophy.  Just a warning- I got bored swatting gnats.  I prefer to pluck one wing off, tie them to a hair and make them dance.  Get the dancing shoes on everybody.    :dancinred: .    

Thanks! Listen, could you send me the new glow jig before the IRS locks you up. I'd hate to wait till they :police: let you out :popcorn:

« Last Edit: April 04/13/11, 02:35:03 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   There is not a jail in the country that could hold me.  I would be on Americas Most Wanted so fast it would make your head spin.  Rather than go through all that  running around I think I will just give them my boat money.   I know there are a lot of needy kids out there that need  ipods and flat screen high def. tvs. more than I need a boat.  Lee, you will be hooked up before opener.  Don't forget to share with Borgie.   :queen2:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Lee,

Just make sure that bikini is a least a 4 XL and don't make it pink. I don't want it to match yours. Gun metal gray would be fine. By the way it wasn't me that said it was a wolf it was greatoutdoors. You know I wouldn't make an error like that.

I know that you tend to make up :bs: stories so I checked with Borgie to see if she called your store or not. She said yes she did. So, your off the hook on that issue. :scratch:

But she said that was your color, Hot Pink, Borgie said your size was a 10 XXL I told her that it was going to cost you a lot to win this Challenge as it going to take 20 XXL beaver hide to make your bikini in that size  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :whistling:   :sorry: I look back some post and I see now that you did not call it a wolf or fox, as it look like I miss that post  :whistling:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
   There is not a jail in the country that could hold me.  I would be on Americas Most Wanted so fast it would make your head spin.  Rather than go through all that  running around I think I will just give them my boat money.   I know there are a lot of needy kids out there that need  ipods and flat screen high def. tvs. more than I need a boat.  Lee, you will be hooked up before opener.  Don't forget to share with Borgie.   :queen2:

Yeah I think I'm not going to do very well this challenge either.  I don't want to pull the boat due to the fact I might get some rock chips in it, my fishing poles are up in the attic, there's no fish in the lakes, I might run into Willy out on the Lake and he stinks so bad with those flea ridden hats of his, I don't want to take the chance or losing a lure........

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
[
[/quote]
 Stop everything! Where the hell is this Girl?
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken, Ill send her your way when she gets out of the shower.  Its been fun while it lasted, but she cant cook.....    :banghead:

:oops1:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
well if she caint do any cookin forget it.  They aint worth much if ya caint flop a stringer of fish on the counter and have em clean 'em for ya.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
She is a Great Cook!!! :chef:  As you can see she is standing in my grain field in North Dakota!!  Not in the woods of Minnesota  :happy1: Waiting to go fishing with me....   :taz:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Ken, Ill send her your way when she gets out of the shower.  Its been fun while it lasted, but she cant cook.....    :banghead:

:oops1:

Wow I didn't know you had the beer goggles that bad MT.  I stopped by your house earlier and took a picture of the girl you're talking about but it was too wide to fit on this screen. 

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if you get too close, I could see how you could make that mistake.....

She does have some junk in the trunk!  :reporter;

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well, if you get too close, I could see how you could make that mistake.....

She does have some junk in the trunk!  :reporter;

That looks like a big green Pac-Man

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
whoa finally come onto the smackdown thread and thats what ive been missing!!!!! DANG! BADONKADONK!!! so when is the fishing smackdown gonna start?! haha been reading this thread for awhile, watching the general handle everyone like its no ones business so felt no need to step in. still have yet to decide if im going to sign up this year or not.(busy, very little time)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Cody, we need you in.  It wouldn't be the same without you.  This is a team challenge.  Everyone but Lee and the General will be busy this summer so that is not an excuse.  ;D  Just remember the MNO super secret item this year.  This is not the hunting forum.  There will be no score without the MNO item in the picture.  The hunters had a problem with this but  :cry: and trying to add the item later gets you nothing.      Put your  :moon: in the :campfire: like the rest of us.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
      Everyone but Lee and the General will be busy this summer so that is not an excuse.  

Hey!  :popcorn:

« Last Edit: April 04/14/11, 10:16:35 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports