Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487362 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No worries Lee.  Not all of us where born a girl with a silver spoon in our mouth like DDS. :rotflmao:

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
No worries Lee.  Not all of us where born a girl with a silver spoon in our mouth like DDS. :rotflmao:

At first I thought The General was full of  :bs:  when he posted that last photo of DDSBYDAY. After doing some research it seems that this photo was actually true.   :coffee: The way the story goes it began back in the late 1800's just after DDSBYDAY was born. His uncle was well known for his ability as an inventor, therefore he needed people (DDSBYDAY) to assist as volunteers. That's where The General's photo comes into play.

This was the first attempt as what is known today as dental braces. Thus the beginning of DDSBYDAY's introduction to to the dental profession. At the age nine his family opened the first dental office with DDSBYDAY immediately taking over the whole operation on his 9th birthday. :happybday:

It's to bad his uncle wasn't interested in the advancement of the fishing industry  :fishing:. Could you imagine the potential future DDSBYDAY could have had as a championship fisherman. As we all well know, unfortunately DDSBYDAY will struggle again :cry: this year to contribute to the success of his Fishing Challenge Team.

*See attached photo of DDSBYDAY in his dental office at age 9.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/15/11, 09:17:31 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :blablabla:    My teammates and I will be there at the end to collect the trophies.  My prediction is it will take 92 inches to win this year.    My team will be shooting for that number.  Like I said the IRS battle is over today.   :toast:  Now I can give you guys the  training-087 you deserve.  Start practicing the  :bow: s.  You have all summer to practice being humble. (unless of course you are on my team). My team  will be working all summer on our acceptance speeches.   ;D  .  We need more contestants folks.   Toss your hat in the ring.  We are getting close to go time.  I heard the secret MNO item is a ********** with MNO clearly written on it.  It must be in the picture with the fish.  (MUST BE IN THE PIC WITH THE FISH ).      Good luck to everyone.  Anyone that enters a legal fish is eligible for prizes so sign up.  The contest is easy.  The smackdown can get rough if you are the sensitive type or over 55.    :coffee:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Word on the street is if my team finishes above the General's team he will lose the mullet.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I tried but Lee and Bobby will not agree to losing the comb-over if my team finishes above theirs.  To me it means there is a little doubt in their minds.  The battle is over before it even begins.   :whistling:

« Last Edit: April 04/15/11, 07:50:45 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Braking New  :oops1:
Sheriff: Stranded  :censored: fishermen 'should have known better'
An Minnesota sheriff had harsh words for ice fishermen who had to try rescued Friday after high winds and rising temperatures caused an ice floe to break away and strand one of them on Lake.

The incident, in which one person DDS would not get off the Ice. after the National Weather Service issued a warning that ice floes could break away from the main ice area in the western section of the lake.
As the Sheriff try to rescued DDS But DDS said he was not going to give up his new boat to the IRS as DDS said I will say on my new ICE boat,   :scratch: :scratch:  :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Heh, heh, heh :happybounce:
I'm reading these posts, and  laying in the weeds while you guys destroy each other!! :rotflmao:
When the Challenge starts, the entries from the Future 2011 Champion (Me) will begin to flow in.
Then I'll possibly jump in with a few thoughtful sayings!!" :moon:
Lee knows that I don't like to shoot my mouth off, being the quiet, humble man, that I am! :coffee:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm reading these posts, and  laying in the weeds while you guys destroy each other!! :rotflmao:
When the Challenge starts, the entries from the Future 2011 Champion (Me) will begin to flow in.
Lee knows that I don't like to shoot my mouth off, being the quiet, humble man, that I am! :coffee:

Look Pal! Go back in your trailer and come back out when you have some real smack talk for us. After viewing your photo I can now understand why they call you greatoutdoors :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Look Pal! Go back in your trailer and come back out when you have some real smack talk for us. After viewing your photo I can now understand why they call you greatoutdoors :doah:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Now that  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: For some one that keeping his mouth shut is not doing so good,

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey greatoutdoors is that there a double wide?   :nerd:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
No, unfortunately, (make that fortunately) it isn't me.  I got that picture from LaTourell's outfitters near Ely, said it's a yearly customer that has something called Lake Geneva guide service!! :happy1:
Good thing they didn't snap a pic of his normal attire, an XXXXXL pink jump suit. :queen:
The smack talk will start when I begin to hammer all you has been/never was so called fishermen in this years challenge!! training-087
Most of you are lucky, but Lee isn't as he will have to come face to face with me later this summer, if I can find the rock he's hiding under!!!! :taz: :taz:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
No, unfortunately, (make that fortunately) it isn't me.  I got that picture from LaTourell's outfitters near Ely, said it's a yearly customer that has something called Lake Geneva guide service!! :happy1:
Good thing they didn't snap a pic of his normal attire, an XXXXXL pink jump suit. :queen:
The smack talk will start when I begin to hammer all you has been/never was so called fishermen in this years challenge!! training-087
Most of you are lucky, but Lee isn't as he will have to come face to face with me later this summer, if I can find the rock he's hiding under!!!! :taz: :taz:

Look G. O., You must have me confused with Willy since he is the one hiding under a rock and has not been able to muster up enough courage to even sign up for the 2011 Fishing Challenge. I know it sounds like a lot of :bs: but you can check the signup sheet for yourself.

There is no need for you to apologize to me for the misunderstanding. You see I can remember when my father was the same age as you and began to get his stories confused. By the way, how is that new cane you bought last summer working out for you. Just remember that's not a cane poll or a weapon. It's for you to keep your balance.

« Last Edit: April 04/19/11, 01:11:10 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
      Has anyone checked on Bobby?  His battery on his I've fallen and can't get up thingamajig could be dead.   :scratch:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
      Has anyone checked on Bobby?  His battery on his I've fallen and can't get up thingamajig could be dead.   :scratch:

Bobby :scratch:.... Bobby :scratch:    Oh! :sorry: You mean Bobby Bass the guy that manages The Lodge at Lake Iwanttobethere. I heard that he took a part time job as an air traffic controller so he could catch up on his sleep and he's been busy counting fish in his sleep.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry: Actually have had two fishing buddies of mine fathers pass away in the past week. Been kind of quiet around here. Then to top things off one of the buddies girlfriend had her horse die yesterday. Family pet so just dragging it off to the far end of the field was not an option. A horse is a big animal to bury. Besides you guys are beating up on each other pretty good from what I can see...
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:sorry: Actually have had two fishing buddies of mine fathers pass away in the past week. Been kind of quiet around here. Then to top things off one of the buddies girlfriend had her horse die yesterday. Family pet so just dragging it off to the far end of the field was not an option. A horse is a big animal to bury. Besides you guys are beating up on each other pretty good from what I can see...

After consulting with the MNO Smackdown committee we have unanimously decided to give you a raincheck. Under the existing circumstances, we would also like to extend to you our best wishes and hopes for better times ahead.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
No, unfortunately, (make that fortunately) it isn't me.  I got that picture from LaTourell's outfitters near Ely, said it's a yearly customer that has something called Lake Geneva guide service!! :happy1:
Look G. O., You must have me confused with Willy since he is the one hiding under a rock and has not been able to muster up enough courage to even sign up for the 2011 Fishing Challenge. I know it sounds like a lot of :bs: but you can check the signup sheet for yourself.

There is no need for you to apologize to me for the misunderstanding. You see I can remember when my father was the same age as you and began to get his stories confused. By the way, how is that new cane you bought last summer working out for you. Just remember that's not a cane poll or a weapon. It's for you to keep your balance.

The cane will be a weapon when I see you this summer :rotflmao:
But seriously, why won't this Willy guy sign up for the Challenge??  Is he really a rotten fisherman that wouldn't stand a chance??? :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Geodopolis

• Outdoorsman
I really enjoy watching you guys all pound your chests and dream of how much better of fishermen you all are.  Well, I'm not much into chest pounding or posing in a leatard, but I fish,,,,a lot,,,,for everything.  So whoever my teamates will be,  I hope we get a chance to fish together possibly.  I've got a couple honey holes just waiting for a contest like this that I'd be willing to share. :coffee:
Shaddup and fish!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

The cane will be a weapon when I see you this summer :rotflmao:
But seriously, why won't this Willy guy sign up for the Challenge??  Is he really a rotten fisherman that wouldn't stand a chance??? :happybounce:

Now I know your not talking about me Because My name is not Willy,  :moon:
As I all so know how to fish as I did bet The General last year,  ;D
« Last Edit: April 04/19/11, 09:08:56 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
I really enjoy watching you guys all pound your chests and dream of how much better of fishermen you all are.  Well, I'm not much into chest pounding or posing in a leatard, but I fish,,,,a lot,,,,for everything.  So whoever my teamates will be,  I hope we get a chance to fish together possibly.  I've got a couple honey holes just waiting for a contest like this that I'd be willing to share. :coffee:

:happy1: :happy1:  Glad to have you with us!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: :happy1:  Glad to have you with us!!

Just so you know that DDSBYDAY welcoming you to the smackdown thread has a false meaning.  Its just his way of saying "YES Fresh MEAT TO PRAY UPON" Your best bet is to stick close by me for protection. :police:

Your Pal,

Lee

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Hey Geodopolis,

Just a heads up for you. If you run into any snags or problems during your Fishing Challenge competition don't hesitate to contact The General. He's the one person you'll find that knows how to handle any of your concerns in a prompt fashion.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
"Just so you know that DDSBYDAY welcoming you to the smackdown thread has a false meaning.  Its just his way of saying "YES Fresh MEAT TO PRAY UPON" Your best bet is to stick close by me for protection.

Your Pal,

Lee

The last thing you need is Lee helping you out.  Here he is taking the neighbor kid for a Sunday drive. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Geodopolis may know how to fish but by the time he figures out how to take a picture the challenge will be long over.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Geodopolis may know how to fish but by the time he figures out how to take a picture the challenge will be long over.

Keep in mind he could get on Wildlifes team and become a serious contender  .   Wildlife can catch fish and take pics.  He just can't keep his own fish in the boat long enough to take a picture of it.   :rotflmao:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
The General has his kids out practicing for him already..... he figures after last years showing, hes gotta try something new.  HE is signed up, but his 3 kids will be fishing for him, he may have a chance this year.  :scratch:

But its tough when the coach doesnt know what he is doing.....

« Last Edit: April 04/20/11, 09:07:04 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
MT I was done practicing by the age of 2.   :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey! I can understand the new dude having problems with the camera, but is it necessary for dopolis to leave his urine specimen bottle on the table next to him. I figured that Willy was the only one that would do something like that. Speaking of Willy I may just hire him to take all the photos :Photography: of my fish this year. It's becoming obvious he's not signing up for this years Fishing Challenge.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Calling Wildlife Willy is like calling John Wayne - Clint," I forgot to change my underpants" Eastwood.  That has to stop.  I don't think Al Gore's internet's can handle getting that topic started again.    Wildlife will be there come crunch time.   ;D