Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487292 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS Still can not catch fish,

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     It's true.  I had my lowest finish ever last year.  Finished in second place.  My partners were awesome and I would like to have them back(who wouldn't).  Kenny's team tossed up a record setting score to beat us.  My team will be shooting to break that record with our win in 2011.  The likes of the  once in a life time team of "Dream Crushers" will probably never be seen again.  I refuse to use the scroll button to see where Wildlife and General are on the leader board.  Work really hard this year on getting on the first page.   :cheerleader:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
     It's true.  I had my lowest finish ever last year.  Finished in second place.  My partners were awesome and I would like to have them back(who wouldn't).  Kenny's team tossed up a record setting score to beat us.  My team will be shooting to break that record with our win in 2011.  The likes of the  once in a life time team of "Dream Crushers" will probably never be seen again.  I refuse to use the scroll button to see where Wildlife and General are on the leader board.  Work really hard this year on getting on the first page.   :cheerleader:

How do you figure once in a lifetime????  Only 2 people on the team even participated.  I as see it you were the ball and chain holding them back.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    General, your opinion is always appreciated.   ;) .   You will be waving the  :surrender: long before the shiners spawn this year.  Thanks again for sharing how you see it.   :rotflmao:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Double post.  Please delete.

« Last Edit: April 04/26/11, 08:05:26 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You can post that as many times as you want no one here is going to believe you anyway.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Thanks for reminding me I need to dig out the thermacell and the frontline.    ;D   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
     Thanks for reminding me I need to dig out the thermacell and the frontline.    ;D   

Don't forget her yearly bath too.  Thermacell for you and the frontline for her.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  If I had a woman like that I'd be out fishing all the time......so again I don't understand why you couldn't post any fish last year.   :rotflmao: Yeah John Wayne you win the ugliest wife contest.  :king:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
     It's true.  I had my lowest finish ever last year.  Finished in second place.  My partners were awesome

My team will be shooting to break that record with our win in 2011.  The likes of the  once in a life time team of "Dream Crushers" will probably never be seen again.  I refuse to use the scroll button to see where Wildlife and General are on the leader board.  Work really hard this year on getting on the first page.   :cheerleader:

Now DDS as I would have to agree with The General As you was the ball and chain,

Now who said that you will not scroll  you mint just have to scroll up if The General  on your team  :oops1: and the lone have to scroll down if your are luck to be on my team  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Thanks for reminding me I need to dig out the thermacell and the frontline.    ;D    

Don't forget her yearly bath too.  Thermacell for you and the frontline for her.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  If I had a woman like that I'd be out fishing all the time......so again I don't understand why you couldn't post any fish last year.   :rotflmao: Yeah John Wayne you win the ugliest wife contest.  :king:

Hey  General would You stop posting photos of yourself,  :moon: :moon:
« Last Edit: April 04/26/11, 09:15:01 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    :sorry:  I don't hear people that did not finish in the top 5 spots--Ever!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
    :sorry:  I don't hear people that did not finish in the top 5 spots--Ever!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well one year I finished in the top five so I guess you're hearing everything I have to say.  You're just lucky the rest of us don't hear people who don't post a fish to help their team.   :king:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Huh?   Did you say something?   :scratch:  :coffee:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I can't tell if John Wayne is taking a dump or stumped by not catching any fish..........kind of reminds me of the look on your face when you're trying to catch fish and come up empty handed.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
     Well one of those bunny costumes rendered " greatoutdoors"  speechless.   I wonder which?  :scratch:

Hey :queen: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: where are you :scratch: I think he's watching Dancing With The Stars :whistling:
Well, well, well, I certainly hope that you two over rated, fisherman wannbes aren't referring to me with the sneak attack, snide comments!!!! training-087 training-087
Being the new guy on the block, I was gonna take it easy on you in the Challenge, before I read this.
The gloves are off, Chumps!!!!
No more Mr. Nice Guy! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     Well one of those bunny costumes rendered " greatoutdoors"  speechless.   I wonder which?  :scratch:

Hey :queen: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: where are you :scratch: I think he's watching Dancing With The Stars :whistling:
Well, well, well, I certainly hope that you two over rated, fisherman wannbes aren't referring to me with the sneak attack, snide comments!!!! training-087 training-087
Being the new guy on the block, I was gonna take it easy on you in the Challenge, before I read this.
The gloves are off, Chumps!!!!
No more Mr. Nice Guy! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

First off who the heck ever labeled you as a "Mr. Nice Guy?" After the story I read in The Ely Echo last week about you! Nice guy don't fit you.

:coffee: For the benefit of those of you that didn't read the article It goes something like this.
Owner of the Greatoutdoors Bait and tackle arrested in after hours raid.

After a month long undercover sting :police: it was reveled last week that many of the Ely area school children were unable to buy their school lunches due to lack of funds. When checking with the parents of the 3rd thru 7th grade children it seems that all of the children were given adequate funds daily for lunch by their folks. :scratch:

The children were followed after school and it was discovered that they were all making a bee-line right to the Greatoutdoors store. This is where the whole town was in shock when the authorities discovered the scheme. :popcorn:

James Maki was running illegal gambling for kids. He was hosting off track minnow races. Each child would have to put up $1.00 to bet on their favorite minnow. The winner would receive fifty cents and the rest would go to the house to feed the minnows.

Now come on Jim, where do you  :censored: come off calling yourself Mr. Nice Guy!

« Last Edit: April 04/29/11, 03:04:00 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
             Will the real General please stand up! :rotflmao:

Now how about you guys telling me which of The General photos best depicts the true championship caliber fisherman? If you had a choice what one would you choose for a member of your team without being embarrassed? :oops1:

#1,2,3,4,5,or 6?

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Pics are finally in from Easter at LakeIwannaBeThere.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   Pics are finally in from Easter at LakeIwannaBeThere.

Thanks for posting DD is that BB? Looks like the old rabbit suit is shrinking more and more every year. There's only one area that he has plenty of room year after year. Overall you've got to give BB some credit. There's not many guys that would be willing to pose for photos when their in that shape. :happy1: :Clap:

PS. I just clicked on the enlarged photo. I don't think that kid is having a good time. BB is sure smiling away though. You don't think he started in on the Hamm's a little early this year :doah:
« Last Edit: April 04/28/11, 02:45:43 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, it was a fun day, Easter at Lake Iwanttobethere. We ran low on eggs this year but managed to liven things up some when we put out some blastin caps. If you notice in the picture you can see Lee wearing his cowboy hat and a few of the other guys standing and watching the General hitting a blastin cap with a hammer. That is not me in the picture though, it is our towns mayor who had a ruff time of it during reelection this past year. I am in the picture if you look close, over the mayor shoulder in the red shirt, I have seen blastin caps before..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Their is no doubt the guy in the bunny outfit was Bobby Bass.  His limp ear matched his limp pole.   :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
From Lake Iwanttobethere, a seasoned veteran of the bass wars and a 2008 member of the First Fishing Challenge winning team, circle him in your guide book riding in the famous Puddle Humperrrrrrr, from parts some where north of here where the fish are always biting and the sun is always shinning number thhhirrrtttyyyyy- fooooouuurrrrr   Bobby BASS!!!!!!   :Clap:   :Clap:

Sun has come out here at Lake Iwanttobethere and with it a rainbow is shinning on my boat house. I took it as a sign that I had better get my number in the drawing before I forgot. Besides 34 was my high school football number and there might still be a few good runs left in it.  :cheerleader:

Two weeks a ways from fishing opener and it's time to get this dance started. Nuff talk of bunnies and the Generals girlfriends, lets talk some fishing here!   :fishing2: Gloves are still on till after the teams are selected but then we should be able to suit up and come out swinging!  training-087 
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I think Walter Payton was also #34.  He did the right thing and retired on top.  Glad you signed up.  I was starting to think we scared you away.   :rotflmao:      I have been buying up all the secret items to be used in the photos.  I will pass them out to my team and sell them to everyone else at a premium. ;)

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Yes I think Bobby is correct... its time to get the gloves on....  Ive been practicing for Minnesota's opener.. :happy1:...  hehe!  ND lets us practice all year long....Here is a couple pics from Thursday...ok there is one female there but she swallowed the jig. :cry:...there are 9 other boats on the cut along the sandbar.... Wanted to go out today but the blizzard didnt let it happen, maybe tommorow. :whistling:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Thanks for rubbing it in.  Hey by the way I really wouldn't mind having you on my team again.   :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
     Thanks for rubbing it in.  Hey by the way I really wouldn't mind having you on my team again.   :happy1:

Ya DDS so you can get by with out caching fish,,,,this year too, I would really like to see you on a team that you get no  :help: and see you at the bottom of the list, Then will see how big you talk,,,,,,,  :moon:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :blablabla:  My team will win this year no matter who is on it.  Nuff said.   :whistling: 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     By the way Wildlife.   We will have to get out together this summer so you can  :Photography: some real fish.   ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
     By the way Wildlife.   We will have to get out together this summer so you can  :Photography: some real fish.   ;D

You mean I will have to catch them and  :Photography: them too,   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: