Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487279 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   You better just stick to what you are good at    :Photography: and gardening.  I'll take care of the  :fishing2:   :rotflmao:    After all the General sticks to what he is good at-(excuses).
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   You better just stick to what you are good at    :Photography: and gardening.  I'll take care of the  :fishing2:   :rotflmao:    After all the General sticks to what he is good at-(excuses).

I will do just that,  ;D (You better just stick to what you are good at)
As I am good at a lot of thing,

1,  :Photography:

2, Making fur hat & boots  ;D

3,Catching Fish as I am a 2005 Lund Tourney walleye Champ and I did take the 2005 Lund tourney Heaviest walleye Champ
In 02 I win a Lund boat motor trailer definer troll motor was all water read,  :happy1:

4, Smacking you around,  :moon: Like this

I will have to say it maybe the only true in you post (After all the General sticks to what he is good at-(excuses).

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     Well one of those bunny costumes rendered " greatoutdoors"  speechless.   I wonder which?  :scratch:

Hey :queen: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: where are you :scratch: I think he's watching Dancing With The Stars :whistling:
Well, well, well, I certainly hope that you two over rated, fisherman wannbes aren't referring to me with the sneak attack, snide comments!!!! training-087 training-087
Being the new guy on the block, I was gonna take it easy on you in the Challenge, before I read this.
The gloves are off, Chumps!!!!
No more Mr. Nice Guy! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

First off who the heck ever labeled you as a "Mr. Nice Guy?" After the story I read in The Ely Echo last week about you! Nice guy don't fit you.

:coffee: For the benefit of those of you that didn't read the article It goes something like this.
Owner of the Greatoutdoors Bait and tackle arrested in after hours raid.

After a month long undercover sting :police: it was reveled last week that many of the Ely area school children were unable to buy their school lunches due to lack of funds. When checking with the parents of the 3rd thru 7th grade children it seems that all of the children were given adequate funds daily for lunch by their folks. :scratch:

The children were followed after school and it was discovered that they were all making a bee-line right to the Greatoutdoors store. This is where the whole town was in shock when the authorities discovered the scheme. :popcorn:

James Maki was running illegal gambling for kids. He was hosting off track minnow races. Each child would have to put up $1.00 to bet on their favorite minnow. The winner would receive fifty cents and the rest would go to the house to feed the minnows.

Now come on Jim, where do you  :censored: come off calling yourself Mr. Nice Guy!

I was watching Lockup on TV last night and I swear I saw greatoutdoors incarcerated amongst the inmates. That must be the reason he's not shown up on the smackdown thread. He never should have been involved in those Illegal off track minnow races. I hope he gets out of the slammer in time for the Fishing Challenge. He's a really nice guy and everyone is entitled to make a mistake.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I see Lee got to add his two cent in

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see Lee got to add his two cent in

I see by your last post (photo) that you guys are selling cut catfish bait now. :doah: I bet greatoutdoors would buy that stuff in bulk from you guys. :puke:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/11, 12:31:04 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
It would appear that my good character (second only to Mother Teresa) has been questioned by Mr. Lee Borgersen.
The fabricated story is a total distortion.
The Ely Echo headlines from past issues as they really were:
"Jim Maki works with Ely's youth", " Jim Maki) nominated for Sainthood", "Jim Maki donates millions for the homeless." and the list goes on and on!!
Now let us look a bit closer at Lee's activities as they appear in the same paper:
"Lee Borgersen indicted for lying in Angler fishing contest"
The article describes how they have been closely monitoring his entries for several years, and finally arrested him when he tried to enter a 27 lb. Rock Bass, of all things.
"This was the last straw" said Echo manager Nick Wognum.  He then added, "I only wish all fisherman were as honest as Jim Maki, who is known locally, as Mr. Nice Guy!"
However, I must speak in Lee's defense, as he is the finest Rock Bass fisherman I've ever met!!
Every time I run across him on the lake, he has three or more stringers full of them.
When he is released from fishing prison, Lee promised to share his secret Rock Bass with Hollandaise sauce recipe with the forum, which he describes as "Quite yummy!!" :coffee:

The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'd have to post a 10 page blog to post everything I'm good at.  But for now I'll stick to snapping necks and cashing checks on the smack down.   :toast:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Besides 34 was my high school football number and there might still be a few good runs left in it.  :cheerleader:

I never knew they gave numbers to the cheerleaders.  But things were different back in the stone age.  If fact I found and old picture of you in the Lodge Gazette. What is that move called?  The half a touch down?

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd have to post a 10 page blog to post everything I'm good at.  But for now I'll stick to snapping necks and cashing checks on the smack down.   :toast:
You should do it! I can use a good fire starter  :campfire:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Besides 34 was my high school football number and there might still be a few good runs left in it.  :cheerleader:

I never knew they gave numbers to the cheerleaders.  But things were different back in the stone age.  If fact I found and old picture of you in the Lodge Gazette. What is that move called?  The half a touch down?

Come on General we all know this is really you. You can tell it is one of your semi weekly controlled releases from the county. There on your wrist you can see the handcuff to your handler!
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You should do it! I can use a good fire starter  :campfire:

Starting fires would be on the list that I'm better then you at.........just like fishing. :rotflmao:

P.S.  It's easy to tell that guy is you BB........just look at the 1960's coke bottle glasses you wore to try and fit in with the cool kids. ;D :king:  By the way I just have to ask. 
Are you
A: wearing your pants up past your belly button
B: wearing you jock up past your belly button
C: wearing a man girdle
D: All of the above

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry: my post has been  :censored: to protect all of the little fishermen out there.. :whistling:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/11, 12:31:15 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Bobby when you post that secret item to be included in the photos please remember that most of us are in our early 50s and younger and may not have ever heard of some of those rusty old contraptions you carry in your tackle box.  Try to make it something that has been available in the last 20 years.  ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    Bobby when you post that secret item to be included in the photos please remember that most of us are in our early 50s and younger and may not have ever heard of some of those rusty old contraptions you carry in your tackle box.  Try to make it something that has been available in the last 20 years.  ;D
:sorry: I have been eased to the side in my wheelchair and no longer have any input into the Challenge. I think HD may hold this years secret and if  I am a guessing man it will have something to do with Northerns!  :fishing2:
Bobby Bass

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Bla bla bla.... still not much smack about actual fish or fishing except Wildlifemn and his  :Clap: from 2005 and the walleye championship.... So here is another pic from Sunday just to wet your whistles......Note its a Nortern!!!  2011  is becoming a really great Year!   :fishing2:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Good photo corny for natural light  you almost hid the gillnet scars the way the pic was taken.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
 :bow: Very good eyes Kenhtn... here was the photo of her taken the other way.... you can see the net scar on her better! :king:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Bla bla bla.... still not much smack about actual fish or fishing except Wildlifemn and his  :Clap: from 2005 and the walleye championship.... So here is another pic from Sunday just to wet your whistles......Note its a Nortern!!!  2011  is becoming a really great Year!   :fishing2:

corny13
Now I will give you my except  ;D
You just keep caching those big fish :scratch: before this Fishing Challenge start as then your luck just mite go to  :censored: As they say the bigger you are the harder you will fall,  :moon:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
:sorry: my post has been  :censored: to protect all of the little fishermen out there.. :whistling:

WHAT??????? Somebody censored Billy Bass I want to hear what he was singing.  Please forward it to me in a PM.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey Bobby how big was that fish you caught........... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Wow Ladies!! It's a darn good thing I wore my hip waders when I came in here to read this thread, cuz I can see things haven't changed one bit and the sh*t is just as deep as it ever was!!
Good to see you all havin' fun, and throwin' out your smack talk/hissy fits at each other! It's still funny as heck, your all very good at it too, ....now if only one of you gals could catch a damn fish! Lol!! ...no worries though, I  :queen: of FISHING, ALWAYS & FOREVER! Things just never do change...

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow Ladies!! It's a darn good thing I wore my hip waders when I came in here to read this thread, cuz I can see things haven't changed one bit and the sh*t is just as deep as it ever was!!
Good to see you all havin' fun, and throwin' out your smack talk/hissy fits at each other! It's still funny as heck, your all very good at it too, ....now if only one of you gals could catch a damn fish! Lol!! ...no worries though, I  :queen: of FISHING, ALWAYS & FOREVER! Things just never do change...

What do you know. Look who just surfaced from the from the depths with fresh seaweed in her hair. We would like you to take a serious stab at enrolling in our 10 step program. Actually given your heavy Reputation it would only be a 3 step program. It seems that you've already taken the first step by posting on the smackdown thread.

Three step program:

1. Post in the smackdown*
2. Sign up for Challenge http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=23451.0
3. Catch a fish

What say you  :queen2: :popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 05/03/11, 12:00:35 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Good to see you all havin' fun, and throwin' out your smack talk/hissy fits at each other! It's still funny as heck, your all very good at it too, ....now if only one of you gals could catch a damn fish! Lol!! ...no worries though, I  :queen: of FISHING, ALWAYS & FOREVER! Things just never do change...

GG nice to see you around.  I was going to say something nice like hows the kids and hope to hear everything is fine.........................but you posted in the wrong thread so here goes. 

GG is the queen of catching no fish.  I'd enjoy her signing up just to have the joy of beating her back down.  At least if GG was in the competition her and DDS could share the title of "says the most and catches the least".   :king:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

GG nice to see you around.  I was going to say something nice like hows the kids and hope to hear everything is fine.........................but you posted in the wrong thread so here goes. 

GG is the queen of catching no fish.  I'd enjoy her signing up just to have the joy of beating her back down.  At least if GG was in the competition her and DDS could share the title of "says the most and catches the least".   :king:

I guess you told her General :happy1: There are a lot of new folks in The Challenge that have never been spanked by GG~ and they are all lined up  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I thought GG was eaten by chickens last spring.   :scratch

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   I thought GG was eaten by chickens last spring.   :scratch

What the cluck are you talking about? How could someone get eaten by a chicken?

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I wish we could draw for the challenge teams today since I can't wait to start engraving the names of the loosing teams. Many of us already know what teams will fall to the wayside. All you have to know is the one name of certain characters and that team is already doomed to loose out.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish we could draw for the challenge teams today since I can't wait to start engraving the names of the loosing teams. Many of us already know what teams will fall to the wayside. All you have to know is the one name of certain characters and that team is already doomed to loose out.
:doah: I hear ya Lee, kind of like the kiss of death. Draft day will bring cheers and back slapping to some but to others it will be like dropping your double scoop of ice cream off your cone to the sidewalk on a hot summers afternoon. All you can do is stand and watch it melt. You still got the cone but you know it could have been so much better!  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

If you was able to do the drawing today Then you would loss me as I still not sign in in tell the last day think to your friend  big mouth General, Thou Then you may have a good chance  of wining if I was not in,  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
What the hell there is on here but me  ;D Was there a MNO smack down meeting and I was not ask,  :oops1: then I  :Photography: will have a  :drinking: :tequila; :toast: with out you all  :moon:
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: May 05/04/11, 09:45:21 PM by wildlifeminnesota »