Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 488305 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Watch out DDS has fallen off the wagon again or hit his head pretty hard.  I don't see Willy around he must have heard a siren and headed for the hills again.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Did anyone else notice DDS didn't have any pictures of him actually catching or holding a fish himself? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Never saw a need to take pictures of myself. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
   How would you do that anyways?   Go back to dormant young man.  Don't make us Make A Move!!

I am not a professional photographer.  Wildlife is.  His fancy camera without an SD card is like Seal Team 6 without Thegreatoutdoors. :rotflmao: ;D :rotflmao:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Watch out DDS has fallen off the wagon again or hit his head pretty hard.  I don't see Willy around he must have heard a siren and headed for the hills again.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Did anyone else notice DDS didn't have any pictures of him actually catching or holding a fish himself? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I'm sure Willy could have figured out how to run the super complex thing called a camera.  I'm guessing their wasn't an opportunity of you actually catching one. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Interestingly enough, Wildlife was taking stuff out or his tackle box and stringing it together to try to get the presentation he was looking for.  I had to ask," What in the hexx are you trying to do"?  He explained it to me.  Made perfect sense.   We did a custom leader,float mod and he popped the biggest bass of the day.  So much for flourocarbon.  We may have to look into a patent on the Wildlife rig.  Bass loved it.  Pike-let's just say couldn't break it.  I was surprised how well it worked.  You can see by this pic he is too!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/28/11, 11:45:58 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

I'm sure Willy could have figured out how to run the super complex thing called a camera.  I'm guessing their wasn't an opportunity of you actually catching one. 

Hey General,

Do you think were actually being punked by these two slicksters? I mean you brought up a very valid point about DDS not being in any of the photos. I hate to pick on my own teammate but, could Willy have just conjured up this whole scheme and sold it to DDS. You know that Willy is an astute knowledgeable business man trying to sell anything and everything.

:reporter;
How bout it you two guys? You can fess up now and all can be forgiven this time around. What say you? 

MNO :police:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't look now folks but, guess who has signed in this morning. Yep! He just lifted the sewer cover and came out for a peak. Who is that masked man? That's not a mask! He always looks like that since he slid into the sewer. It's greatoutdoors the once famous leader of the seal poo team.

He rarely appears any more since he's become so paranoid about his team members not having the potential to contribute to the challenge. :rotflmao:

Now the leader of The Barbarians team has told his teammates to sit back, relax and enjoy the show he's putting on. That's what I call a real leader. :happy1:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Hey General,

Do you think were actually being punked by these two slicksters? I mean you brought up a very valid point about DDS not being in any of the photos. I hate to pick on my own teammate but, could Willy have just conjured up this whole scheme and sold it to DDS. You know that Willy is an astute knowledgeable business man trying to sell anything and everything.

How bout it you two guys? You can fess up now and all can be forgiven this time around. What say you? 

Watch it Lee With the name call  :puke: you may piss me off  training-087 training-087 are you a apart of The Barbarians... or are you apart of seal poo team? Because I stating to thing that your a trader as You have not posted one fish to date  ;D

Seal Poo I am still here and have not run off like your team mate. As To my camber I was testing DDS as to see if he can photo on the fish board  :rotflmao: as that is a good part of this hold Challenge  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
It also look like #13 rapalas was trying to upgrade with no photo  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I am sure that not going to past by the jugdes  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   Interestingly enough, Wildlife was taking stuff out or his tackle box and stringing it together to try to get the presentation he was looking for.  I had to ask," What in the hexx are you trying to do"?  He explained it to me.  Made perfect sense.   We did a custom leader,float mod and he popped the biggest bass of the day.  So much for flourocarbon.  We may have to look into a patent on the Wildlife rig.  Bass loved it.  Pike-let's just say couldn't break it.  I was surprised how well it worked.  You can see by this pic he is too!!

Well let just say I was not going to be like GREATTOILETSITTER and loss the big one  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

As I not like seal poo  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I can catch fish on anything!!  that a fact!!!   

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
"Vikings release Williams"

"Team 13 tries to post an invisible fish"

And still in first

SEALTeam6 85.0 Greatoutdoors, The General, Bobby Bass
30.0 Walleye 36.0 Pike 19.0 Bass

:coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]

Hey General,

[/quote]

I confess ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
todays Sporting News...

Vikings get McNabb for 6th round pick...

1st) SEALTeam6 85.0 greatoutdoors, The General, Bobby Bass
30.0 Walleye 36.0 Pike 19.0 Bass

:coffee:
Missing in action? well maybe team six is out fishing instead of flapping our jaws about what they NEED to do to get in first place. Matter of fact I will be out fishing again this evening. Three times this week and starting to get in the late summer form now. So I will be missing in action also, as I would rather be on the water fishing then bragging about something I have yet to do... :fishing2:

More on the sporting news... From Wildlife Minnesota,,, As it seem the best player on the team  :scratch: O ya team 6 seal poo as been missing in action. What his name DDS O ya GREATTOILETSITTER  He had been miss since 7-22 as he run off to let his team fall off of 1st!!! Could that be because one of  former Fishing Challenge Champ  Lee Borgerson, As return form his fishing trip, Lee is one of The Barbarians... And WLM as been giving GREATTOILETSITTER a run for his $$ with two record fish on the board and a small pike as they need 2" and team seal poo will start falling..  It look like The Barbarians... are going to win the 2011 Fishing Challenge...  More on the late....  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
I Had a post here, it was telling where I was going fishing last night! :scratch:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Hey General,

[/quote]

I confess ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I was two!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Is that enough?   I could do this all day.   ;D ;D ;D ;)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Hey General,

[/quote]

I confess ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Well, I figured we'd get you crack under the pressure :police: DDS. It's obvious that you are a ladies man by the way you firmly but, yet gently caress that bass. Not to mention that wanting twinkle in your eye. Good to see you've decided to reveal your real person instead of participating incognito. :popcorn:

Unfortunately, Your team still stinks!  :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Well the way I figure it.  With 1 day and 1/2 on the water we will be doing pretty well.  My fishing starts in a couple weeks and you are done.  I know Wildlife won't quit looking for upgrades even though it's going to be tough.  We will be meeting you at the top shortly.  We are on the hunt for 90 inches.     :USA: :USA:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   Well the way I figure it.  With 1 day and 1/2 on the water We will be doing pretty well.  My fishing starts in a couple weeks and you are done.  I know Wildlife won't quit looking for upgrades even though it's going to be tough.  We will be meeting you at the top shortly.  We are on the hunt for 90 inches.     :USA: :USA:

I took the time to analyze your last post and you mention the word "WE" quite often. Exactly who is "WE"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? I went back and read it once more and all it sounds like is a lot of Wee Wee.
« Last Edit: July 07/29/11, 09:41:40 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS just trying to do the math here, it takes you weeks to get ready to go golfing and it looks like months to go fishing. Has already been a few months for members of team MAKE A MOVE to make a move and there has been no movement. Perhaps a visit to the local drugstore might be in order to pick up something to assist you and your teammates. Of course this is not fair to your teammates who are not on the smack thread and may or may not be aware of your movements or lack of said movements. As pointed out before the sky is the limit for you and your teammates as everything is looking up for you. Of course there is something to be said about starting to go fishing in the dead of summer, at least you will have another excuse for not catching anything. As the stars are not aligned in your favor. So good luck  :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Don't know how DDS dares talk any smack with their "standing" in the Challenge!
He is right on one point, they will be moving up. :happy1:
That's only because an elevator on the bottom floor can only go up! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Any guess on the date of the "upward movement" of team make a move? :scratch:
Maybe the gravitational force of the Challenge is too much for their team to overcome! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    You guys are sure looking over your shoulders a lot.  I think somebody is getting nervous.   :rotflmao:   This little contest goes until the end of Oct.  I love fall fishing ;D ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Well the way I figure it.  With 1 day and 1/2 on the water we will be doing pretty well.  My fishing starts in a couple weeks and you are done.  I know Wildlife won't quit looking for upgrades even though it's going to be tough.  We will be meeting you at the top shortly.  We are on the hunt for 90 inches.     :USA: :USA:

you are right DDS on that I will not quit looking for upgrades!! as to this point I have 11 and one more will be posted soon. But I thou I would give my team chance to post,  :dancinred: :dancinred:

As if they do not Next year they will be the  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: stock of  Challenge,, Lee Do you feel the  pressure!!  ;D

That for call your top teammate a name this morning!!!  training-087

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's only because an elevator on the bottom floor can only go up! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Maybe the gravitational force of the Challenge is too much for their team to overcome! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:sorry: This is Lee and I forgot that Borgie didn't sign and I posted this thinking I was signed in.  :sorry: Borgie :doah:

Hey greatoutdoors,

It seems in your haste to ridicule team make a move you've miscalculated. Since Borgie's Raiders has just entered their first fish they have helped  team laughing stock (team make a move) make a move down one more notch.

My sincere apology to DDS regarding his previous forecast stating they were ready to make a move. You were correct in your prediction my friend and you were right on the money. We all were wrong to doubt your infinite wisdom. Here we all thought you guys were just a joke. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/29/11, 12:30:11 PM by Borgie »

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Are you suggesting that team make a move's fish entry "rocket" was put upside down on the launching pad when they fired the engine??? :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

:sorry: This is Lee and I forgot that Borgie didn't sign and I posted this thinking I was signed in.  :sorry: Borgie :doah:

:scratch: :scratch:   Borgie sounds a lot like Lee here.  Could it be?

Hey greatoutdoors,

It seems in your haste to ridicule team make a move you've miscalculated. Since Borgie's Raiders has just entered their first fish they have helped  team laughing stock (team make a move) make a move down one more notch.

My sincere apology to DDS regarding his previous forecast stating they were ready to make a move. You were correct in your prediction my friend and you were right on the money. We all were wrong to doubt your infinite wisdom. Here we all thought you guys were just a joke. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    You guys are sure looking over your shoulders a lot.  I think somebody is getting nervous.   :rotflmao:   This little contest goes until the end of Oct.  I love fall fishing ;D ;D

I think they are waiting for me or Lee to drop a boom on that first place team!! or should I said was!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:   Nice job Borgie!!  Very nice smallie.

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1:   Nice job Borgie!!  Very nice smallie.

Thanks DDS. No hard feelings :cry: I hope. Don't get used to me as your neighbor since I think I'll be moving on up the mountain and I can't wait to get closer to the peak.

Move it or loose it boys. Borgie's Raiders are in it to win it! :cheerleader:

Borgie  :queen:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: nice fish Borgie..... Bet Lee had to wash dishes over that one..
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just a brief introduction of your competition The Barbarians  :taz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P51eICFxlhk&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Just a brief introduction of your competition The Barbarians  :taz:

Hmmm are you familiar with the word "brief"?  It's not just underwear you know.
« Last Edit: July 07/29/11, 06:28:54 PM by Fawkinnae »
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just a brief introduction of your competition The Barbarians  :taz:

Hmmm are you familiar with the word "brief"?  It's not just underwear you know.

Many BWCA Reports