Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pickup Trucks  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just thought I would fill you boys in on my little adventure with the state and non-commercial Y plates for my Chevy 2500 HD.  So at the beginning of the week last week and friend here showed me a discussion he seen on fakebook about getting non-commercial Y plates for his 2500 truck. So I looked into it and found the laws that determine what a 1 ton is. Low and behold according to the statues my 2020 2500 HD falls under the definition of a 1 ton. So I called the CMV in Baudette and he reads it the same way I do. So he contacted the state and they told him no a 2500 is still a passenger vehicle. So I still didn't believe it and told him I would keep looking. I emailed the state and of course still have not heard back yet. But in the mean time I found the statue the defines a passenger vehicle and a pickup is included in that but the definition of a pickup disqualifies mine which makes it a 1 ton. So I stopped at the DMV on Friday and he gave me the Y plates for my truck. Saves me close to $300 for a few years anyway. Wish I would have seen that 2 years ago. So anyone else that has a newer 2500 HD check your cargo capacity and GVW. May save you a buck or 2 if it is newer.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew that worked for one tons, but was unaware you could use Y plates on a 3/4 ton.  :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i dont need to worry about that JB.......i aint got that much cash to haul around!!!!!!!!! :doah: :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still really liking my Ram 1500.  Love a good Pickup truck thread.   :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dog spells Dodge

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My "Dog" has 368,000 miles on it. It's buddy sitting next to it in the driveway has 447,000 miles on it, thats a Ford.

These aren't our dads & grandads trucks anymore. Take care of them and they will take care of you.

Interesting info on the plates JB.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great find and good to know jb. My douche  will be 7 yrs old soon, don't remember what tge tabs are worth now but new holy smokes. Thanks fir the heads up!