Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What Boat Do You Have  (Read 15349 times)

Offline Rich4Walleyes

• Minnow
Just wondering what everyone has for boats here.  I personally have a 2004 Navigator Sport with 115 Suzuki on it.   Very nice boat and is able to handle some of the big waters.

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
We got a 2004 Monark King 190 with a 150 merc opti.  Nice big boat.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Just wondering what everyone has for boats here.? I personally have a 2004 Navigator Sport with 115 Suzuki on it.? ?Very nice boat and is able to handle some of the big waters.

I have to say that sure is a nice boat you have there Rich. It handled Mille Lacs that windy September day last year just fine! Very stable as well. Man what a day that was!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Yeah, i think i still have water in my ears. I can still picture Mayfly under the counsel curled up like a baby. :o
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Like a baby huh....... ;)

It was pretty bad out there. Good times though.

Offline Rich4Walleyes

• Minnow
Yeah that was some tough water.  I think the boat is still wet from all the waves that came into the boat.  But like you said,  it was fun!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Just have a small 14' herters. Not a darn thing pretty or fancy about it but for the lakes I fish around home, I don't want anything any bigger. Besides I can catch just as many fish in a small boat as I can  big one. Did I mention it leaks?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
I was just going through some old posts.......I have an 18 foot Tracker Tundra with a 115 4 stroke Merc., and a 9.9 kicker.?  I have never had a smoother running boat on rough water than this one.?  I love it!

« Last Edit: April 04/08/07, 06:59:30 PM by Woody »

Offline BamBam1970

• Outdoorsman
I run a 1775 Pro V with a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke.  Dual auto-pilots, wackers, X-88, and an X-25C.  It works great for mu but am looking at purchasing new in the next year or 2.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I can't remember.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline rtwills

I have a 1750 crestliner fish hawk.125 merc dual council...nice boat but a rough ride in big waves.

Offline blazer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
1968 Glasspar runabout with a 90 horse merc on it.  I overpowered it a bit, but it sure is fun to get running wide open on the lake.  The boat doesn't handle rough water worth a darn, but when the water is glass hold on.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  -B. Franklin

Offline labs4me

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If you are looking for a smooth boat in big waves, look into a Triton.  I know a lot of guys will say they can't afford one, but look around at a 2-3 year old boat and you can get into one for way less than a new aluminum and they are usually better rigged.  I was really trying to justify buying another Lund when I started looking at used fiberglass boats on walleyecentral.  I found mine, it was 3 years old and ended up being $7,000 less than the new Lund I was looking at, plus it had 2 x-15s and a global map, and a bigfoot kicker, marine band etc, 3 more years extended warranty on the motors.... I have the 205 and I'm not kidding when I say I can run 40 mph in 3' waves under control and never even feel a bit of spray!   I had a 17' Mr. Pike before this boat and though it was a well laid out boat, but you had to don rain gear in even a medium chop... I gave up on aluminum boats!  I did look at the Tundra, but I talked to a couple pros who caved in their hulls... this was the 1st two years they came out and I decided to wait to see if they have the bugs worked out before I buy one.

Many other great features in a Triton... zero wood produts anywhere on the boat... 'no wood' = no rot.   All the storage areas are waterproof,  and the rod locker is as big as a bedroom!  Lifetime hull warranty etc...

Thought I'd give a plug for a great boat and show some other guys that they can afford one... let somebody else take the hit of the new one and you can come out of the deal smelling like a rose!

Good Luck!

Ken

Offline Bufflehead

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Crestliner Voyageur 18ft Alum. with a 40hp tiller Mariner

It's a big water resort type/guide boat. It hauls something like 1200lbs of gear and people.

A great boat for packing into the back country, camping and fishing. It takes big water really well.

Would like a 20ft Lund Alaskan with 90hp tiller...too expensive for what it is though..thats why I don't own one.

Waiting a few years and going to look for a dual consol big water Walleye boat with something in the order of a 150-200hp outboard...used a course
There's plenty of room for all gods creatures...right next to my mashed potatoes

Offline MuskyManiac

• Outdoorsman
I have a 2004 Lund Alaskan 16 foot with a 50 Yamaha tiller, i love this boat tons of room for a 16 footer, I also would like a 20 Foot Alaskan but its going to have to wait

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
hey griz
I too have a 1968 herters model manitoba that I use for  puddle jumping I love it to death mostly sentimental from fishing with grandpa in it . But for bigger water my 18' crestliner  I.O has to take over in order to take the Wife and four daughters. I use a 15 horse yamaha four stroke on the herters but it scares me that that old fiberglass trasom is gonna tear off from all that weight
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
correction that is 1960 herters and transom
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Ryan Barthel

• Outdoorsman
Just put money down on a 2007 Ranger 1860 Angler...Cmon April!!!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I run with a 95 Lund Explorer 16,3", 95 merc 40,95 17 foot ez loader set as shallow as posible.

X85,Zercom,LMC 332c , Minnkotas all around,unidin ship to shore, Unidin AM-FM,Garmin Legeand, Minnkota onboard three bank charger.
Three seats, three batteries,two gas tanks, and of coarse a cooler straped to the floor.

It has seen 8 to 10  foot rollers on Lac Suel , 6 to 8 footers on Mille Lacs and not once did I feel I was in trouble.

A little scarred we would have to beach it for the night but with a little common sence on the throttle control, we made it to camp fine.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline eyes1963

• Outdoorsman
Well I dont have a boat yet....but am hoping to have one this spring...my dads....I think its either a 1976 or 1977  14 ft Lund with a Merc motor...not sure how the motor will run, has not been used in quite  a few years....so I may have alot of questions when I get it here...I don't know alot about boats and motors but want to learn about them....I am kind of an independant woman!!! But welcome any advise or tips on what I will need to know about this boat and motor and what I need to do to get it on the lakes this summer!!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I too am in hopes of having a boat by this summer!  I'm in "negotiations" of buying my dad's boat-a Crestliner Phantom 1960 w/130 hp Evinrude.  The "negotiations" have just started and include-what comes in the package? Trolling Motor? Depth Finders? that sort of thing.  The thing I like best about being able to buy from dad is, I know the owner, I know how he cared/maintained it, And I know we'll both be fair on price. I've never owned a boat before, but have driven this one plenty to know it is exactly what I need for my family of 4. I'll post pics as soon as I find them.

*Where's everyone else's pic's of their boats?
« Last Edit: April 04/08/07, 07:01:19 PM by Woody »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
eyes1963, first off welcome to the site.

Your going to have to give us some info when you get the boat, lke what brand,model, what year.
Same with the motor so we can give you a little more help.

The older Mercs were good motors and usualy ran pretty good, but you may have to have it gone through or at least a tune up done to make it trustworthy.

As far as the boat, the older late 70s boats were usualy good quality regaurdless of being aluminum or fiberglass.

Just have to take it out and watch for any leaks, start by checking for the obvious cracks before dumping it in the water though.

OH and make sure the PLUG is in!!!! ::)

Benny

Offline eyes1963

• Outdoorsman
Thanks Benny!!

The boat should be in pretty good shape...its never sat outside one night...always been in the garage...I know the motor was worked on but Dad said it never ran quite right after that...but I will keep you posted on when I get it here and im sure I will have tons of questions!!! By the way...it spent many many hours on Swan Lake :)

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Swan Lake hey, the one by Pengilly??

Benny

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a 1974 Sea Sprite 15' Tri Hull with a 2005 65hp 4 stroke yamaha pushing it nothing fancy but it does get the job done

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I have a 17ft Lund Explorer tiller with a 75hp 4 stroke Yamaha for guiding on Lake Geneva.

I also have a 16ft Angler tiller with a 25 hp 3 cyl Johnson for the BWCA.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/07, 06:32:06 PM by smallmouthguide »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I told my 1st wife that "I don't need no Stinking Lawyer"  >:(

So now she has the other boat :'(
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline eyes1963

• Outdoorsman
Yes Benny the Swan Lake in Pengilly...fished Snowball alot as a kid too...always good for some sunnies.  Havent been on either lake in many years. Hunted for many years behind Snowball used to be good grouse country back in there but not sure how it is now...back then it was mostly locals that hunted...last time I deer hunted back in there most were strangers to me...my brother and uncle still hunt that area.

Offline gds

• Outdoorsman
The "muskie Machine" is a Crestliner 1750 Fish hawk with a 90 hp Honda. A little rough in the waves , but not too bad.
Gary

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I told my 1st wife that "I don't need no Stinking Lawyer"  >:(

So now she has the other boat :'(

Can you (did you used to be able to) shoot torpedos with the baby?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv