Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What Boat Do You Have  (Read 15345 times)

Offline Grant

keeping it simple~!

14' open runabout with a 15hp johnson...   gets me wherever I need to go, and with the shallow draft I can get a lot of places the big boys can't!  all I need is 6-8 inches of water if I load it right!  ;)

Offline CentralFishingClub

• Outdoorsman
I have a canoe, and a 14 foot alumacraft with a 10hp johnson from like 1940 somethin, but really, it's old!. I still catch'em!  ;D
NEVER GIVE UP!

Offline The_new_guy

• Outdoorsman
    • www.myspace.com
Well you all have way nicer boats than me but I still got one its a 18ft 1960 fiberglass boat I found in my girlfriends grandpas feild under a tree!  It had about twenty holes in it when I found it, but now she floats like a champ! powered by a late sixtys 10 horse johnson sea horse!  I have no electronics on it yet but I am getting there!!!  Check out the pictures!
« Last Edit: March 03/25/07, 08:58:38 PM by The_new_guy »
I Love To Ice Fish So Much That. . . When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Fish There To!

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
2000 16' Smokercraft Pro Mag walk thru
1999 Johnson 90HP Oil injected
Biminy top, 2 lighted livewells, stereo/Cassette (sad), new Minnkota foot control, Hummingbird depth finder, roller trailer, custom travel cover etc.  I love the boat.  I got it last year when I was selling boats.  It was a cheap trade we took in.  The guy used the boat 5 times in 5 years (it shows).  Not a stain, scratch, blemish.     
« Last Edit: March 03/27/07, 06:59:06 PM by UncleDave »

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 :)  ;) aluminum 13 foot bowman, 1969 and a 8 hr. merc with a minnkota 35 trolling motor. nothing fancy but it gets me to the fish and back to the trailer to take it home again .
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
When I had my little 14' Sea Nymph with an 18HP Evinrude, I loved nothing better than pulling near a $30,000 boat on Mille Lacs who were weekend warriors who headed out twice a year and outfishing them.  Be proud that you have a rig!   

Offline sunk1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • member #536
I traded a 1980yamaha850 special for a 1977 tri hull w/1970 50hp johnson, mid 80's 70 hp merc.

Offline QuillGordon

• Outdoorsman
I have 3 Lund Alum boats; a 1965 12', a 79 16', and an 89 14'.. I have 3 outboards to match those; an 86 Johnson 6hp, an 82 Johnson 35hp and a 90 Evinrude 15hp.. All 3 units are for different lakes and any type access I may run into..  I can launch and fish anything from a pond to an ocean ( damn near).. lol  QG

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
I have a 16 foot smokercraft Milentia. Bow mount troll, 3 depth finders, cd player, electric ancor, 50 hp Merc. It is mine all mine and only mine... don't tell my Dad though! The boat stays where I live because Dad only fishes with his boys, and his boys fish all the time, so it only makes sence. Dads... got to love 'um.
~ GTH
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a 15' tri-hull sea sprite with a 65 hp yamaha pushing it

Offline get the net

• Outdoorsman
  • Melrose, MN
2000 Ranger, 487 VS, Commanche series,  200 merc EFI, Minnkota Maxxum 74 lb.   Lowrance electronics.  Blue saphire with silver striping.  Now if it would just warm up enough to use it.

Offline KSW

• Outdoorsman
Man you guys have some nice boats.

My boat is a 1993 Sylvan Pro Fisherman, 16' with 50hp Merc, blah blah blah...  Nothing fancy, but works perfect for my needs.

My wife told me I could buy a newer boat, but I didn't want the payment that comes with it!  So I'm good.

Offline Stoney

• Minnow
Best of both worlds..A Forester pontoon with a 20hp and a trophy 170 with a 115 Merc/power drive elect. Use the pontoon on my lake and trailer my alumacraft to where ever

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover

My wife told me I could buy a newer boat, but I didn't want the payment that comes with it!  So I'm good.
Wow, if I got the permission I would run with it, you've got more control than me!!

Offline Cpt Hook

Mine is a 2003 G3 AW1448 jon with a 95 Mariner 25hp tiller for the lakes, and when I want to hit the MN river I slap on the 99 Merc 20 Jet. Real nice skinny water boat for hunting cats and wallys on the river.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: Finally-I now have my very own boat!  It's a '95 Crestliner Phantom 1960 SST (19'-2") w/130hp Evinrude.  This thing is fully loaded, and is a great boat.  I bought it from my dad, so I know he took care of it.  And now it's mine!   ;D Bring on the warm weather-cuz Woody's goin fishin!  ::fishing::  ::dancinred:: ::rockon::

*Pic taken using Motorola Razr V3 (not bad for a phone!)

More pics to come.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/07, 09:58:31 PM by Woody »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Sweet craft woody. Remember, you need to stay home one Saturday every 3 months just for show. That's a heck of a first boat bro ::dancinred::
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
You  sound like a kid who always wanted the BB gun and finally got it.  Good for you!  You have a sweet boat now.  Please remember there are many who aren't as lucky.  Have a great 2007 season! 

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I AM that kid who finally got his BB gun!  ::dancinred::  Now to go shoot my eye out! (JK)  :ROTFLMAO:

This is my first "toy" and it's taken a long time and many sleepless nights to get it.  I have known all too long what it is like not to have a boat.  And I won't forget those who still aren't as fortunate.  I intend on taking my kids friends out fishing this summer (their parents don't have a boat).  I also have some coworkers who would probably appreciate getting out on the water.  And somewhere in here I recall a post about taking a vet out fishing (not a DR. Vet, but a soldier Vet), and I'd be up for that as well-as it's the least I could do for all they've done for us!  And of course I hope to make it to a MNO Get together or 2 this summer as well!

But first things first.  I need to clean it up, outfit it to my tastes (or tastelessness),  get the motor tuned up, and a few other odds and ends.  Right now the only thing stopping me from making good on my intentions is the price of GAS!   ::bs::  ::) $2.69 a gallon?  ::) ::bs::
One step at a time.  ;)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Sweet ride bro...Let me know when you want to bring her down my way and see how the fish bite down south.

::cheers::
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a green fiberglass canoe.  It has a seat at each end and I only own one paddle.  Have never found anyone to go and canoe with me who actually wants to paddle.  Once when it was parked in my yard I drove over it with my 3/4 ton pickup.  Not a pretty site but thankfully my uncle fixed it for me ;D  Not sure on the length but it does say Stowe on it.

Jewel

Offline MuskyManiac

• Outdoorsman
I have a green fiberglass canoe.  It has a seat at each end and I only own one paddle.  Have never found anyone to go and canoe with me who actually wants to paddle.  Once when it was parked in my yard I drove over it with my 3/4 ton pickup.  Not a pretty site but thankfully my uncle fixed it for me ;D  Not sure on the length but it does say Stowe on it.

Jewel

uhmm could we get some pictures of that fine sounding canoe ??

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
As soon as I get the old gal back in the water and there is no leaks!!

I will post a few pics. ::rockon::