Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: ICE DEPTH REPORTS HERE!!!  (Read 25756 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
As we get into the season, please report your ice depth findings here.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Not enough...   ;D ;D  Sorry having trouble concentrating wishing for ice.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Not enough...   ;D ;D  Sorry having trouble concentrating wishing for ice.

I hear ya... maybe after this weekend.

is it bad going to bed at night thinking about icefishing?  That is how i've been getting myself to sleep the last few nights.

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline grandpa jack

• Outdoorsman
some guy's are going out in Duluth already and Some lakes in silverbay are reporting up to 7 inches. ;D  I'm going on Sunday  grandpa Jack

Offline Fishahollik

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If these temps hold, we should have walkable Ice by the weekend of the 9th.
"When asked what man has done in his life, I can say,' I was in the United States Navy'" JFK

I am member #297

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Rice Lake (Maple Grove_ was all locked up this AM - was open yesterday AM
Eagle Lake (MG) looked to be all locked up - was open yesterday AM
Twin lake in Crystal looked to be all locked up - was open last night

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Just leaving the house now. When I get to work I will report. I drive past Centerville and Peltier. Yesterday they were wide open except around the shorelines. We'll see.........

I'm still hoping for another heat wave. Maybe we'll be waterskiing next week! ;D

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
I'm still hoping for another heat wave. Maybe we'll be waterskiing next week! ;D

you are a sick, sick man

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman

you are a sick, sick man

I agree Mayfly has something wrong...  I will slap him up when I see him this weekend!!!  ;D

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
You guys almost brain washed me!! Thats what I get for hanging out and reading all the CRAP on this site. You guys want ice and cold??? For the last month I have been enjoying the mild temps and doing stuff outside. Now I have to lock my doors, pull out all the blankets, crank the heat and huddle in a corner just to stay warm! And this is what makes your blood boil?? Someone must of gotten to your heads. I guess you have to make do with what ya got and if ya love to fish nothing will stop you. Lets just say that I am not that die hard then. I do enjoy ice fishing but nothing like open water. So yeah.....waterskiing in a week? I guess I would rather be up on Mille Lacs tossing slip bobbers out. Enjoy the ice if it stays......lets just hope for a short winter ;D ;D

Have fun weirdos ;)

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Why do you think I spend half the winter in my poartable?  It's warmer in there then my real house.   :o :o ;D

Offline pray for the fish

• Outdoorsman
Mayfly, it's already been a short winter, it  usually starts in oct. and lasts till may, so at least 6 months, might as well make the most of it, you never know with global warming ::) coming we might be growing banannas pretty soon!

Offline pray for the fish

• Outdoorsman
Went out 1 mile with the 4-wheelerat 4 pm today, all ice I checked was 6 to 8 inches thick,straight out from Agassiz Lodge

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Good to hear Pray for the fish.  Are there many folks fishing Upper Red yet?  I bet this weekend we will hear of folks catching some of those walleyes.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Fishahollik

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Haven't been able to confirm this persoanlly yet as I am "on call" this weekend and can't take the work truck fishing but I hear 4-5 inches on some of the Duluth area lakes.

Im gonna try it next weekend.
"When asked what man has done in his life, I can say,' I was in the United States Navy'" JFK

I am member #297

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
4"-6"  on otter tail lake today..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
worked in a house on lake george in anoka county 2 portibales in the middle of the lake at sun set dont know the ice thickness but it must be good looks good for this weekend wish i could go but going to south dakota to chase the pheasents maybe the weekend after...icebanger

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out and looked today at some lakes for spearing it was about 5-6"
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
last weekend there was 7-8 on some small lakes I was on just north of Hill city. 
And mille lacs had 6 inches in wigwam bay.  generally there is 8 inches in lakes north of millelacs,
red had 12-13 inches.

no where have I heard reports of places letting traffic out yet, but that could change this weekend.

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
We had 6 - 9 at Rocky Reef and untill he get's his houses out there is no fee.  Heck stop in by yourself a beverage and he will let you know where he fish are.  I fished all day Saturday with him for FREE (well my brother bought the burger and pops).  BEAT that if you can!!!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
They are fishing on Peltier again!

Across the street on Centerville there is alot of open water!

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Ice was 6 to 8 inches on Mille Lacs last Saturday. We pulled a trailer with my buddies  atv out 2 miles. One of the cracks we crossed earlier in the day pulled apart about 18 to 20 inches after dark. So be very carefull and throw a couple planks in the trailer just in case.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
After a few weeks of warm weather heres a new little report..
some lakes lost there ice all togher and some lost as much as 2''-4'' ..

Big Sandy - 4''-6''
Lake Carlos - 5''-8'' on half of the lake while the the south half is still open as of 12/10/06

more reports to come this weekend i'll be out ...
« Last Edit: December 12/21/06, 09:30:06 AM by iceman »
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Still about 10" on most lakes around grizland. The warm weather didn't seem to affect it much as the evenings were still cold enough to prevent ice loss.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline BLUESTEEL

Was fishing the Keg, (Pokegama in G.R.) last weekend and there are 6 - 8 of good ice in the bays.
No snow.

Caught around 50 sunnies in 3 hours of which 10 were nice keepers and 3 were over 3/4 pound.

Drove the atv out with no trouble.

Offline tomcat

• Outdoorsman
I think I will crank the heater in my fish house and take a nap. tomcat

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
Was out on crooked lake yesterday and ham lake today.  Also out on lake george last weekend.  Ice is averaging 6"-8".

Offline walleyechasers3

• Outdoorsman
  • Tripoli, Iowa **USA**
At least you guys have ice ;) I am thinkinking of pulling the boat out of hybernation and open water fishing  ::) We have no ice around here. I hope we get some here soon. It was like this last year. I told the wife, if this happens again next winter, I will be having a ice gear sale  :(
Suppose to be in the upper 30's all next week

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey all this rain is discouraging enough. It isn't doing our ice any good and like you said it's going to be in the 30 all next week. We had some good ice at first but now I'm starting to wonder with the rain.

Here in west central MN the lakes and ponds are starting to open up on the north ends by the springs. We need some sub zero temps bad.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline walleyechasers3

• Outdoorsman
  • Tripoli, Iowa **USA**
I hear ya Griz. It has been raining here all day and suppose to continue into tomorrow.

What happened to our winters of old  ???