Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One thing that tick me off,  (Read 1498 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
One thing that tick me off, I still have snow in my yard, and I just pull my first tick off the dog,  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
took the dog out with me to the land this weekend and we've found a dozen ticks on her.. plus the mud was so bad I didn't even drive all the way back
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
My first job as a kid was collecting Woodticks that I sold to a Microbiologist at UND in Grand Forks that was studying Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever :happy1:.....so though they are a pain and spread disease.... still a soft spot for the little buggers.. :sorry:

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
out of curiousity.. how does one go about catching ticks and what was the going rate on those buggers?

in south dakota we used to catch snakes and bullfrogs.. snakes we got 1$ a piece and bullfrogs were anywhere from .50 - 1.00 depending on size. 
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
This was way back in 1965 or so..... when a dollar bought a lot.  I got a dime a piece...wow!   Just would take my cocker spaniel and wear shorts go hiking in the woods of the Chippewa Nat forest by Cass Lake, stop and pick off the ticks every half hour or so and put into a jar.   The same guy the next year paid $1.00 for live field mice... I did well.. ;D