Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA SEPTEMBER 15TH THRU 23 2023  (Read 921 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fishing is very good on both lakes with the fall bite in full swing. I have been guiding both repeat customers and new customers and sending everyone home with full possession limits of walleye plus some other species. The Steve Sederlins bunch of guys along with Jeff Hupkas  bunch just great examples of some of my favorite repeats and fishing for them was possession limits and some meals while here. Sharpe is a numbers game with the 15 inch limit coming into play but most days you can expect to catch your limits  You will have to throw back plenty of 14 inchers. Depths here are still 5 fow to 10 fow around Pierre with nightcrawler bouncer rigs or pulling plugs the main presentations. Look for Jig /minnow rigs starting soon as the water cools. Oahe is a little more spotty but the good fishermen are doing very well  with both smallmouth bass and walleye. The fish are starting to come up to depths around 15fow to 25 fow so are becoming more catchable in the big lake. Here bring minnows especially for the bass but crawlers are still working. Casting jigging spoons and even pulling plugs are also producing. As usual this time of the year weather is starting to come into play but for a while these real nice fall days are around. Beating the weather that is coming soon and coming fishing is a good plan. Once again I would like to thank all of my both repeat and new customers for your business and look forward to more trips with you.

HUTCH'S  GUIDE  SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch