Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: patent attorneys who know hunting?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline mons87

I have an invention, a new camo pattern, and i'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of a patent attorney who can relate to the outdoors and hunting. I'd like them to be able to relate to the idea in some way and to actually know what camo is. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.. thanks

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I may have a lead on a guy located in the Twin Cities.  I'll make a call and see what I can find for you.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'd be interested in this too as well for a innovation I came up with.

Thanks

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Big part is $.   900 bucks for the patent search.  If you get past that the costs start to go up.  Even if you get the patent be prepared for huge (in the 10s of thousands) to enforce it.  If you have deep pockets it may be worth it.  Patent enforcement out of the USA is a big problem too.  The Chinese have low labor costs and if they like your idea the product can readily be made available at a much lower cost than you can produce it and your patent enforcement problems just get bigger and more expensive.  Just some things I have found out.  My printer ran out of ink printing the attorneys patent agreement. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well...I want to make my idea public with my prototype but will get screwed if I do. I would also like to propose it to a certain company, but I think they would try to take all the credit and profit. How is a guy supposed to get around the big $$$ amounts...:/

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Well...I want to make my idea public with my prototype but will get screwed if I do. I would also like to propose it to a certain company, but I think they would try to take all the credit and profit. How is a guy supposed to get around the big $$$ amounts...:/

Intellectual property.  Clearly write your proposal with pics.  Send them off to several people you know postmarked.  Tell them not to open them. These will be used later if needed in court.   Time and date stamp everything.  Then meet with the company and make your proposal.  If  they take your idea and run claiming it as their own and it is a big seller you can get an attorney to go after them on contingency.  Having a patent is better but there are ways to keep yourself in the loop.  The deeper your pockets the better you will come out.  Good luck and don't give up. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline mons87

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
You can also have them sign a non-compete before you meet with them.
A record of the meeting would be a good idea too. When, where, date, what was discussed etc.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info. DDS, helps a lot!

Tyler