Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Pup!  (Read 25280 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Today is dog day, kind of a secret but today I go and pick up my chocolate lab puppy. Should be an interesting day as the old dogs Bud and Barney don't know he is coming and I might have forgotten to mention it to the wife also. Have been working on bring this pup home for the last few weeks and I have my friend Chuck sworn to secrecy. We are going to try the approach that Chuck got the dog and is giving it to me as a early birthday present. Hoping that the puppy will do it's part and win the wife over before we let her know it is staying.

With three cats in the cabin and the two older dogs I am sure this will be a mad house for the next few days or maybe even months. I have to pick up the dog crate I ordered. Figure the pup will need a safe place to hideout and I may need one to. Dog food and a collar is needed and of course a name. The hard part has been coming up with a name. The daughter, who is in on it by the way has vetoed any of the ideas for names that I have come up with. Heck we might just call it DOG in honor of John Wayne.

So this is going to be a short and sweet message. If you hear a lot of noise out your way later this afternoon, it is not the storm but just merely my wife expressing herself over the addition of another dog. If you see someone walking a chocolate lab pup with an umbrella kind of heading nowhere, that might be me. Have a good day from Lake Iwanttobethere
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well, it is better to ask for forgivness than it is to ask for permission!!!!!!!!!! :toast: :happy1: :cheerleader: :bow: :bow: :bow:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I did not have to go to the dog house,   :doah: wife came home and Duncan the new pup jumped out from under the cover on the couch and jumped up on her, Rolled them puppy eyes and she was all done.   :Clap: Later he climbed up on the couch and went to sleep next to the wife and I caught her petting him.  :happy1:  Of course this morning at 6 she took him out of the crate and dumped him in bed with me, so much for me sleeping in.  :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan!
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cute pup! i also have a chocolate lab. hope yours doesnt get as spoiled as mine.  :whistling: :whistling: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
cute pup! i also have a chocolate lab. hope yours doesnt get as spoiled as mine.  :whistling: :whistling: :happy1: :happy1:
With three dogs and three cats he will have to earn his attention, we all know cute can only take ya so far ! :rotflmao:

The Duncan Report.

Well the wife has accepted Duncan, who could resist them purtty eyes.. Now if I was about thirty years younger this guy, Duncan would be a babe magnet for sure! All I would have to do is take him for walks on the beach or anywhere gals hang out.

So far today the cats in the house hold the high ground and Duncan is trying to find his way around. No accidents so far and he goes in and out of his crate with out much coaxing.
« Last Edit: May 05/12/11, 12:10:02 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is a cute little guy,take lots of pics,they grow fast,mine will be 1 year later this month~

Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The Duncan Report
Duncan shows a fondness for hardwoods just like me! But he likes to chew on them. Maple chair legs seem to be his favorite right now..
Bobby Bass

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey bobby,

Now is the time to load up on raw hide sticks and smoked cow knee caps and shanks,keep away from pigs ears,he'll be teething like crazy the next few months.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't much care for the rawhide the older dogs tend to eat them. He is being watched a lot and when we
see him chew on a chair leg we just sprinkle a little pepper on it. For now that stops him. The joys of puppy hood, So spoiled having old dogs that you can have conversations with. :happy1: that and the puppy farts have both the wife and me looking at each other!
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
You can follow Duncan at the Lodge, read the Duncan Report!
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan and his Duck
Bobby Bass

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow he already looks bigger,how is he around shoe's and furniture? He must be teething like crazy now.
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow he already looks bigger,how is he around shoe's and furniture? He must be teething like crazy now.
Right now he is in the carrying everything around stage, slippers and shoes are being relocated and sometimes you need to look around to find a match. We bought some spray that when we see him "tasting" we spray it and he loses interest real fast then. His favorite thing to chew right now is the smooth large rocks from the wifes indoor tree buckets.  :doah: He also likes to chew on my hands and fingers which can be a surprise to me when he bites down  :cry:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The Duncan Report- Leaving his mark!

Well I was out on the deck staining some trim boards and like a dummy I was not watching what I was doing and knocked a quart of stain off the table and on to the deck. I looked around for someone to blame but I was alone.  :bonk:  Before I could do anything Duncan ran through the stain and laid down Duncan steps across the deck to the grass.   :doah: O well I was going to stain the deck anyway..
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man he's really beginning to look just like my chocolate lab!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan Report- So I am sitting on my deck enjoying a frosty drink of my choice when I hear what sounds like someone making little boat bubbling noises in a bath tub. I turn to yell at grand kids and instead find Duncin with his head so deep in the water bucket that he his blowing bubbles out his nose! He then pulls his head out of the bucket and shakes his head sending water in all directions. Yup, this dog is growing a personality.
Bobby Bass

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wow! He looks and sounds like a lot of fun. I see that July 3rd was your last update on Duncan. Hope that isn't because of how busy he has kept you over the last couple months.. :help:
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
On my web site http://lakeiwanttobethere.webs.com/  Duncan has his own report, just have not posted it on here because it didn't look like anyone was interested. Read the latest Lake Iwanttobethere story to find out about what he did to the remote control!
Bobby Bass

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey bobby,

Thanx for the read,as a puppy owner myself I can relate,when my boy turned 1 year old mid summer it was like a light was turned on,night and day difference,all the hard work and OB repetition started to really shine,can't wait to see how he does this saturday on a big ole honker.

Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey BB, looks like people where interested, this threads been read 485 times!!  i know i am1 i have what my wife calls "a brown thing", aka chocolate lab also. just wondering, is yours as spoiled as mine? like sleeps in bed with us etc. and man can she wine when we load up to go somewhere, WOW! she sure is afraid she isnt coming with! :taz: :surrender: :toast:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan report- updated for the past two months

Duncan Report- New collar time, he didn't lose it or chew it he has out grown it.

Duncan Report- The new pearly whites are coming in and Duncan is getting some serious teeth in. I am hoping the chewing will start to slow as we lost another electrical cord to his chewing.

Duncan Report- Just finished replacing two electrical plugs that Duncan chewed off, I bought a third one because I am pretty sure he is not done.

Duncan Report- Never noticed that cordless telephones are the perfect size to be carried around by young labs and dropped down stairs, repeatly.

Duncan report- Today I found myself on a confrence call with Duncan. He is still picking up the phone and now looks for it when it rings.

Duncan Report- Yesterday we put down several bags of mulch around one of the flower gardens. Duncan thinks he now has an endless supply of chewing material.

Duncan Report- Duncan needs to be weighed, the daughter was sitting on one of the wooden deck chairs when Duncan jumped in her lap, the chair broke under them... I need a new chair.

Duncan Report- There might really be a 1000 sheets in a roll of toilet paper as Duncan unrolled one through the cabin yesterday..

Duncan Report- six months old and #45 pounds, don't think we can call him a little puppy anymore!

Duncan Report- Duncan's long legs now allow him to clean countertops off for us. He likes toast !

Duncan Report- Today Duncan was not crated when we left the cabin for an hour. I return to find a empty shredded tissue box at the back door, no big deal. I found all the shredded tissue at the front door..

Duncan Report- Woke up this morning to the sound of the wife yelling at Duncan, not unusual but this time he had climbed into the shower with her..

Duncan Report- 7 month birthday has arrived! 48 lbs and he ate the TV remote, not much has changed...
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: MAN DOES THAT BRING BACK MEMORIES!!!!!!! only we had X2. we also had o young sheltie to help along!

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
The Duncan reports are funny,thanx BB.
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Duncan has out grown his box!
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty close to it anyway!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Good looking pup!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan is not  :Photography: shy so here are a few from his last "Shoot"  :rotflmao:

Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Duncan Report- Duncan has settled down here as of late. No trouble to report or maybe because nothing that he has been getting in trouble is new. He has learned a new trick, self taught I might add. Now when he wants to come in from outside he jumps up and rings the doorbell!  :happybounce:
Bobby Bass