Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: May 28th - June 2nd, 2011 Fishing Report  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fished the Woofer Group from Kansas for three days to a batch of walleye, Northern pike, and smallmouth bass. Bite is shallow with plugs and jigs working. We caught walleye and bass in Cheyenne River pulling plugs and pitching Berkley gulp porgys all in less than 7 feet of water. Bite at West Bend is spotty due to water temps in 50s and high water releases. The current flooding in the Pierre area has caused the Governor to close Sharpe from Antelope creek to Dam. The High water has not caused any closures on Oahe and the only warnings that I know of are very strong current around the Dam. With the water rising daily though watch out for floating debris as shore logs etc. can get dislodged. I have been asked about road closing coming into Pierre but I haven't heard of any. All resorts on Oahe In full swing, All boat ramps on Oahe open and fishing is starting to go from Cheyenne river up to 212 bridge. Brunt of problems are below Oahe Dam in Pierre/Ft Pierre on Sharpe but West Bend area access fine.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch