Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635608 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Don't forget your shovel!   :tut: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                                           ;) :rolleyes: ;D ;D
:pouty: :tut: no need.
:scratch: The 10 day I seen yday had some precip in the fcast for next weekend & still does for Saturday. :tut: PM  :snow5: showers, only 30% but I don't trust those guys.  :rolleyes: Besides it's better to have it & not need it than......................... :whistling:, at least in my book. 'Sposed to be 50* up there today.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/20, 10:16:53 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It's March in Minnysoda.  Could be 20" snow. :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The fcast can change real fast this time of year too. :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: I got one already in the truck...….and we have like 5 of them up there. pretty sure I can manage!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

seen a report this morning Roosevelt by outing still has 30 inches of solid ice...……..

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not Deer River, but the ice is danged near off the river at Red Wing/Lake Pepin....
 The barge season should be open real soon!   :happy1:

This weeks report...

https://www.mvp.usace.army.mil/Portals/57/docs/Navigation/IceMeasurements/03-Mar%20Ice%20report%202020.pdf?ver=2020-03-03-143855-570

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked at the webcams up there...……..looks like Geigers plowed there access shut!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah it does, it wasn't like that the last time I peeked at it which might've been Saturday. :scratch: Can only think of a couple reasons they'd do that & 1 is that they're leavin for a few days as I know some in their business like to do right about this time or the conditions have deteriorated so much they want to discourage anyone from goin out their access. :confused: Eyeguy might know what's up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: I got one already in the truck...….and we have like 5 of them up there. pretty sure I can manage!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

seen a report this morning Roosevelt by outing still has 30 inches of solid ice...……..

Just don't want to hear :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: if you'd happen to get stuck up there.              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                                                                                                           :sleazy:  :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the way i feel this morning, this trip definetely now a wait and see.................... :pouty: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked: A late reaction from too much fun on Saturday? :rolleyes: Or over doin it in the nice weather yday? :tut:  :confused: Sure hope you didn't get to close to that Covid19 case in Ramsey County that was in the news. :thumbs: :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/09/20, 05:15:04 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:shocked: A late reaction from too much fun on Saturday? :rolleyes: Or over doin it in the nice weather yday? :tut:  :confused: Sure hope you didn't get to close to that Covid19 case in Ramsey County that was in the news. :thumbs: :doah:
from being around a sick wife the last 10 days. :confused: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
More likely his overall lifestyle.   ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Think he'd know enough to NOT be pawin at her & smooching on her when she's :sick:!   :doah: :tut: :pouty:                                   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at those cams up nort, its hard to make out but sure looks like a big ice ridge out of geigers  :scratch: :scratch:

also that second still picture on the narrows looks like there is a spot thats close to opening up?  :scratch: :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Think he'd know enough to NOT be pawin at her & smooching on her when she's :sick:!   :doah: :tut: :pouty:                                   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
naw....its from me beatin her off me.............. :pouty: :pouty: :sleazy: once in a while ya just gotta play hard to get!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
From her......O MY GAWD! NOT EVEN going there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: :shocked:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at those cams up nort, its hard to make out but sure looks like a big ice ridge out of geigers  :scratch: :scratch:

also that second still picture on the narrows looks like there is a spot thats close to opening up?  :scratch: :scratch:

On a couple lakes today and found huge areas that had flooded and refroze.  Grab your cleats

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

The little PA just south of them by Northern Acres, Bowstring's NW access, that I ride down to on the wheeler when the weather's decent usually starts havin a pretty nasty pressure ridge on the north side of it ,bout this time of year makin it kinda tough to get out of. Yeah, on The Narrows cam that north part on the west side must have quite a bit more current 'cause it's almost always darker looki.
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 08:26:00 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
naw....its from me beatin her off me.............. :pouty: :pouty: :sleazy: once in a while ya just gotta play hard to get!!!!!! :happy1:
  :doah: :scratch:      :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like i'm not going up this weekend. just dont feel up to it. so i'm moving it out a week............so Mike...... I WONT BE HITTING THE DECOY SHOW this year!!!!!

my step dad wants to bring the boat of his up there home and they must be scared of the conditions so they want someone there. his master plan is to sell the current boat, sell the motor on another boat he has, its a lund and buy a 4 stroke 15 horse and bring that one up to the cabin.

this boat thats up there has a drain plug on the floor. really dumb place if you ask me.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that so you can drain it while on the lake?  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not where that plug is!!!!!!!!!! not my boat so dont care.........he's replacing it with a lund and new 4 stroke!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: win win!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cant see much on the cams up there ...........pretty foggy!!!!!!!! :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like i'm not going up this weekend. just dont feel up to it. so i'm moving it out a week............so Mike...... I WONT BE HITTING THE DECOY SHOW this year!!!!!

my step dad wants to bring the boat of his up there home and they must be scared of the conditions so they want someone there. his master plan is to sell the current boat, sell the motor on another boat he has, its a lund and buy a 4 stroke 15 horse and bring that one up to the cabin.

this boat thats up there has a drain plug on the floor. really dumb place if you ask me.

I hear ya!!  just the same as me missing the game feed.. it's all good...  let me know if ya want any thing.. I still plan on going, even with this dang thing hanging off me... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
cant see much on the cams up there ...........pretty foggy!!!!!!!! :doah:
Yeah, I looked today too & couldn't see much on Bobber's cam either. Thought I seen a couple snowflakes on the TE's cam, sure looked to me like the pile of snow blocking their access got bigger too. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
now it looks like Geigers opened up there access to the lake?????????? :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought so too yday but now I'm not so sure. :scratch: Today it kind of looks like they pushed that pile of snow that was across the ramp down to the shoreline. Can't tell for sure, take a peek & see what you think? :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 09:24:01 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it does kinda look like they pushed some of that pile down on the lake???????

pretty quiet up that way!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nobody around on either cam since the last shack came off the ice at the Narrows, that I've seen. That grey slushie lookin area on the NW side over there sure seems like it's gettin bigger everyday to me. Even with the colder temps this week.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Geigers posted that there have been a few trucks on the lake but urged that the ice is not safe. Mostly just frozen slush. I will agree from what I saw when I was out there. Some people don't use much common sense.     :shocked: