Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 636230 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just quit snowing here ~ 10:45, melting as fast as it hit the ground though. Seen 1 fcast that talked about some more early PM too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet we had 2.5-3" before it quit yday. Melted some by late afternoon, what isn't gone today will be tomorrow. Went down to the little bridge on Friday & there was still a good section of that with ice. Back to some cooler temps after tomorrow too until Thursday/Friday next week. Gonna guess :scratch: at least 10-14 days before the lake is ice free. That's still real early for us.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea watching the cams, doesnt look like it made much progress as far as ice melt. i wont go up till after easter anyway!!!!!! :pouty:

scratch that!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: the following weekend is the wild game feed....aint missing that. probably drive up sunday after the feed!!!!!!!!! hopefully i wont feel to rough!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/28/21, 05:31:23 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: looks like after today it'll be making ice up there for a few days?????? :crazy: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, looks like only 26* tomorrow & 31* on Wednesday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like that ice took a beating up there today!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah it did, get the shorelines open so it can move it around a little & it shouldn't take long. :happy1: I'd think that could be early to mid-week next week, even without much wind. :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Thought about ridin over to the NW access yday afternoon but that patch that was so rough for the GTG is now a muddy mess. They even had a small barricade & a flag on the other side marking what looked like a big frost boil. Decided it wasn't worth it so I turned around. Swore I seen the county grader headed that way last week 1 day too. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Thought about ridin over to the NW access yday afternoon but that patch that was so rough for the GTG is now a muddy mess. They even had a small barricade & a flag on the other side marking what looked like a big frost boil. Decided it wasn't worth it so I turned around. Swore I seen the county grader headed that way last week 1 day too. :confused:
yea i'll bet that was a goey mess.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The ice is white again here & even the grass has a little tint to it.  :crazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Skim ice on our shore today, bunch more open over by the weedy point leavin the bay though. No sign of the DNR over on Little Cutfoot yday either time we went by. There was still a little ice between Mosomo Pt & The Narrows though. Little Ball Club was open on our way home, there a some ice still floating in the SE corner yet. Big patch of open water over in front of Geiger's today too. It might not be tomorrow here but by Saturday or Sunday I'd think the bay should be breaking up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea same here, the lake froze over sfter the winds calmed down over night...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
on my way to get the rona shot, i noticed the sloughs and puddles were froze over enough to hold up several geese!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Skim ice on our shore today, bunch more open over by the weedy point leavin the bay though. No sign of the DNR over on Little Cutfoot yday either time we went by. There was still a little ice between Mosomo Pt & The Narrows though. Little Ball Club was open on our way home, there a some ice still floating in the SE corner yet. Big patch of open water over in front of Geiger's today too. It might not be tomorrow here but by Saturday or Sunday I'd think the bay should be breaking up.
just looked at the cams......based on what i seen yesterday, that portion now open looked darn close yesterday!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice clear day so thought I'd check Modis but only yday's was available. Some clouds in that shot so I couldn't tell for sure but it looked to me like quite a few of the smaller lakes nearby were open.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
according to that cabin lake is still iced over...........for now!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: A couple small ones up there looked open to me but hard for me to tell if it was yours. So that longer narrower 1 up there must be Peterson? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked like at least a 1/3, maybe even close to 1/2, of Bowstring was open yday the last time I looked at the satellite.
« Last Edit: April 04/02/21, 08:36:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked like at least a 1/3 of Bowstring was open yday the last time I looked at the satellite.
just looked at geigers cam.... pretty good sized area of open water out there. pretty confident the lakes will be ice free by mid next week if not sooner up that way!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
whatever is left of ice up on those cams this morning looks pretty ugly!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rode over to the PA today, some chunks on the ramp & the only other I could see was in front of Geiger's. Road was good on 1 lane, the maintainer had worked up the other & it still needed to dry some more. About 1/2 the bay open now, a little wind & these temps we should be open by Monday IMO.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner.........what are the weather terrorist saying for weather next week  :scratch: :scratch: weather channel is sayin possibly 1-3 inches of snow possible monday...monday nite  :tut: :confused: 50% chance. :tut: :tut:

they better be wrong!!!!!!! :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
figures it would snow for you cause of you being there...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
figures it would snow for you cause of you being there...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :tut: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: I say bring it. I can handle it, just gotta adapt. It just would be nice not having a wet soggy lawn and woods to deal with.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Why, are you surprised? :doofus: I'm not!!  :tut:                     ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: I told you earlier to bring your shovel & that they're talkin  :snow5: tonight, as well as Monday, & Tuesday. Your weatherman(Accuweather) just said 2-4" from Monday AM to Tuesday AM. Naturally it's little to no accumulation for tonight.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Why, are you surprised? :doofus: I'm not!!  :tut:                     ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: I told you earlier to bring your shovel & that they're talkin  :snow5: tonight, as well as Monday, & Tuesday. Your weatherman(Accuweather) just said 2-4" from Monday AM to Tuesday AM. Naturally it's little to no accumulation for tonight.
cause Glenn's not up there yet!!!   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: :rotflmao:

My union friend north of deer river is saying the creeks and ditches are full of water.  Guess it will be a sloppy mess  :pouty: oh well. Not gonna deny GUNNER the nice weather I bring with. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman