Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 645527 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: My weatherman says 64, so it could be a bit nipply, & we all know you really like that!! :sleazy: :evil:     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/23, 07:36:21 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: My weatherman says 64, so it could be a bit nipply, & we all know you really like that!! :sleazy: :evil:     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea seen that this morning they dropped the expected high!!!!!!! no worries it'll change about 8 times yet!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the webcams a bit ago.....though there'd be more signs of melting up there? :scratch:

also no signs of life anywhere.......are the lake conditions that bad noone is out chasing fish??????

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I'm out of town till Thurs, have buddies out on the ice in the area

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Pretty gray at the Narrows today, couple a spots even lookin kind of dark. :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Weather channel says has a flood advisory till Thursday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap.....looked at the webcams earlier....and just now............the lakes look really really wet.

Sundin posted a report today...........more of an ice looking report. had some guy email him figuring an Aril 9-10 ice out date in the area????? :scratch: :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A bit of water on that NW corner at the Narrows today & another small spot by the docks on the east view too. It looks a little wet out front of LL's & GTE's accesses early today too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lost a lot of snow at GTE yday, quite a bit more water on top at LL & the Narrows.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic, Kettle.........just curious..........are you guys losing alot of snow?????? alot of snow in the woods yet.

reason i'm asking is i'm thinking of heading up to the cabin maybe the last weekend of April to move stuff around from winter to summer. obviously the amount of snow and weather will play into this......

any info would be appreciated!!!!!!! :happy1:

edit.........i just went to the DNR site and found the snow depth chart for the state. up there says there is still 24 inches on the ground but that was from 4-6-2023!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/12/23, 09:52:46 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I'm leaving Banff tomorrow, if everything goes right I'll be back in GR around 3pm. I'll let you know

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm leaving Banff tomorrow, if everything goes right I'll be back in GR around 3pm. I'll let you know
how was fishing??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lost a lot of snow at GTE yday, quite a bit more water on top at LL & the Narrows.
there is open water at the narrows......some waterfowl in it. think a couple of swans and geese!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
2/3-3/4 of the Narrows is open today.

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Not seeing much for ice pulling away from the shoreline yet. Water on top but nothing looking super dark. I'd still run a wheeler on it but not for much longer if it stays warm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: what about snow in general in the woods or yards?!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Not directed at me, but the snow in open areas has disappeared in open areas. There’s still snow in the woods and shaded areas.  It’s going fast. 20+ miles north of Grand Rapids.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Narrows should be completely open later today, a lot more water at GTE's access as well. It looks like LL's has lost most of it's snow & the gray/wet area looks to have about doubled since yday IMO too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not directed at me, but the snow in open areas has disappeared in open areas. There’s still snow in the woods and shaded areas.  It’s going fast. 20+ miles north of Grand Rapids.
:happy1: :happy1: thanks fishwidow.......it was pointed at anyone who could give me an on the ground report from up there. i will me headed that was in the next couple weeks!!!!!! its time to flip the cabin to summer mode!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You can kind of look for yourself at the Narrows, glenn. Just go to 1 of the driveway cams or even the Boat Ramp or Gas Pump webcams at the bottom of the drop menu. :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some light flurries at GTE now. :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/14/23, 02:23:31 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You can kind of look for yourself at the Narrows, glenn. Just go to 1 of the driveway cams or even the Boat Ramp or Gas Pump webcams at the bottom of the drop menu. :rolleyes:
i usally go to the  still cams all the time but lately the only ones that come up is the east-west and bobbers bar shots.......#'s 3-4-5 dont come in.  :scratch: :doah: i just let it set on there webcams for 1/2 an hour...still nuttin!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: What about now? http://www.williamsnarrows.com/webcam/live/index.asp?cam=2 or http://www.williamsnarrows.com/webcam/live/index.asp?cam=8
:scratch: :scratch: :happy1: yea when i click on these i get them. i can go below , and select every cam and it comes up..........but not if i go to the siter i have in my favs!!!!

wierd!!!!!!!! :bonk: :surrender:         THANKS!!!!! and yea they lost alot of snow!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
We have lost most of our snow here.  Still some in the yard where it was drifted up and some in the woods where it is shaded.   The lake here looks pretty black.  I seen a couple of side by sides out fishing yesterday. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So, did you put the link I gave you in your favorites & delete the old 1................ yet?  :rolleyes:         ;) :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: April 04/16/23, 07:49:21 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not yet...i'm pretty busy!!!!!!

snow was gone here,.........not no more!!!!!!!!!!  :bonk: :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: Yeah, spreading your :bs:!!!!  :nerd: :rolleyes: :smiley: It takes a whole 4-5 clicks & ~ 15-20 seconds :doofus:         
« Last Edit: April 04/16/23, 08:27:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wet but no snow, except on the ice, at GTE. Some left in the shaded/plow pile areas at the Narrows though. My 10-day says 1-3 tomorrow & again for tomorrow night up there now. Maybe even a little yet early Friday.  :sleazy: :evil:           ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/23, 08:22:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: Yeah, spreading your :bs:!!!!  :nerd: :rolleyes: :smiley: It takes a whole 4-5 clicks & ~ 15-20 seconds :doofus:       
by the way.....i got it figured out!!!!!!!! :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:

looking at the extended into next week.......... one site has rain one doesnt!!!!!! :pouty: :doofus: not sure yet when i'm going up :scratch: :scratch: :doah:......... but an extended forcast is a crap shoot anyhow!!!!!