Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 643117 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Did 1 of the grandkids stop over? :nerd: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: I see rain for Tuesday-Thursday too, but it's only ~ a 35 - 40% chance. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Did 1 of the grandkids stop over? :nerd: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: I see rain for Tuesday-Thursday too, but it's only ~ a 35 - 40% chance. :confused:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: sticking with my plan.....heading up next tuesday morning.  :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kettle, Merc, Scenic.........question has any ice been pulling away from shorelines yet that you guys know of???? :scratch: just curious!!!!1

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a little open water at the bottom of LL's ramp early today but that's about it. I talked to the neighbor on Monday, he was just up, & came home Thursday. I told him that the satellite showed ML totally locked up yet & he said that's the way it looked to him on his way home too. Like that yet yday too, according to Modis.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen some video or webcam shot from mille lacs that had open water along the shoreline somewhere.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the webams this morning.........looks like a darn mess up there again!!!!!!!!! :bonk: its got 4 days to clean up its act!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: i'm going !!!!! :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just looked & it's still snowing, but pretty light. Looked before 8 this morning & I thought GTE had ~ 3" then. The 10 day says 37, 41, & 43 for the next 3 days, & if that's right it probably won't melt much. :scratch:  Only the East & West ones looking at the water at the Narrows seem to be working right now to me. :confused:
« Last Edit: April 04/22/23, 07:02:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mikey's snowmap shows 7" about 6 miles south of DR & 7.5" west of DR near Ball Club. Just looking at the railing at GTE they got about another 2" during the day, so I'd guess it was at least 5-6" for them. Looked like they'd plowed some at the Narrows to me. All the webcams were back working when I peeked at 'em.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea looks like a mess up there again.....i'm leaving tuesday morning come hell or high water........i need to get away. hopefully some of the snow melts before that. thurs through sunday has rain chances.........not big chances but......i got lotz of inside the shed stuff...so......

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a peek at the cams this morning. hard to tell at Geigers if  thats actually open water or just water on top of the ice??????

lakewood sure looks like a small strip of open water??????? judging by the color???

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is 1 of 2 loads of wood I gathered with my newly acquired wood permit. And I wonder why I'm friggin sore! :doofus:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So what'd you do in your spare time.......................anything? :nerd:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You call that a load?????

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You call that a load?????
:pouty: :pouty: :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: its all my body could manage at the moment.......and it was all split the old fahioned way.........a splitting maul!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So what'd you do in your spare time.......................anything? :nerd:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: you'd get tired just reading everything else i did!!!!!!! :moon:

you should go outside and let some of that hot air out there........maybe the ice will melt faster!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:          :sleazy: :smoking: ;) :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/29/23, 07:50:44 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey gunner.......i got an assignment for ya!!!!! :rolleyes: tomorrow morning when you go get the paper, ask them at the store what there hearing about being able to get minnows?????

i'm hearing minnows are going to be tough to get, leeches also maybe. i'm not much of a minnow guy....prefer leeches!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll use minnows early & late in the season but that's about it. I seen a pc , WCCO, where Vados Bait said they only got ~ 1/3 of their usual amount of Spottail Shiners last year & they expected it to be the same way this year.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I asked Tim about the bait situation & he said a lot of his bait comes from Coburn Creek over by Blackduck. But he also said his wholesaler said that they're having meetings with the state on what they might be able to do. Good article here..................https://www.startribune.com/fish-bait-minnows-shortage-minnesota-dnr-fishing-opener-live-bait/600267377/

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We stopped at the CR 35 PA on our way over to the Bstore, so I asked about ice out there. He laughed & said in 2 weeks as the people out there 2 weeks ago found 36" of good clear ice, yet then.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:i read an article very similar if not the same one not to long ago!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We stopped at the CR 35 PA on our way over to the Bstore, so I asked about ice out there. He laughed & said in 2 weeks as the people out there 2 weeks ago found 36" of good clear ice, yet then.
2 weeks from when  :scratch: :scratch: that ice really took a beating since i looked at the webcams this morning!!!!!! whole lot more open water too along the shorelines!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Gunner is back up there. Windy  :mooning: :rotflmao: and they just issued a critical fire warning for the area tomorrow and Tuesday.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1:i read an article very similar if not the same one not to long ago!!!!!!!
:scratch: KSTP & MSN both had pcs that said about the same thing, when I googled it. :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
2 weeks from when  :scratch: :scratch: that ice really took a beating since i looked at the webcams this morning!!!!!! whole lot more open water too along the shorelines!!!!!!!!!!!!
:scratch: Guess you had to be there :doah:, because it was obvious to me that he was spreading a little of your specialty. :bs:  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: Knowing full well that 2 weeks from yday would raise hell with all the people that like to fish the Opener. :evil: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: so.  :scratch: he's as full of  :bs: as you are then!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

lookin like you might be able to cast off your dock pretty soon!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Probably not for at least a week as the channel down by the bridge was just ice free today. Some open water at the point on the end of our road where we leave the bay though. That is where the bay ice usually breaks up 1st, then it can really start movin around.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that ice sure is taking a beating up there!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Few lakes opened up yesterday, few still pretty covered but all ice is quite black. I won't be out until the Thursday after opner as I don't like the crowds. Buddy of mine is trapping minnows for local stores so I shouldn't have any issues getting shiners

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 The open water on the point now goes about 2/3 of the way across the bay after that wind yday. With the current forecast the bay could be free of ice by the 1st part of the IMO.