Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 644381 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Gunner, Merc, Kettle???? Seen something on Facebook yesterday that gave me the impression that the Timberwolf Inn north of Marcell might be under new ownership??

Any idea if that's true?? Recently it's been getting somewhat negative reviews, food has gone downhill
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s the rumor. We haven’t been there for probably 5-6 months and we usually hit it every three months or so. Got some friends that we meet for dinner about once a month, and the Wolf is in the regular rotation, so we’re about due. I can let you know my opinion after the next visit

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: :bonk: I keep forgetting your up there! :pouty:

I asked highbanks on Facebook, yes it under new ownership, apparently really good friends of the new highbanks owners. I did mention under previous ownership the food when downhill.

Looks like 3 couples all related.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About 12 years ago I went to training at Marcell of all places to be a Rural Mail Carrier.  I stayed at the Wolf Inn place.  The room was great!  The food was great!  It was during the week and was pretty full of real nice people.  I brought in some Ice Rigs and they had a raffle with them in the bar.  Really a fun time.  Always wanted to bring the wife there sometime.  Sorry to hear it is going down hill.  Hopefully they pick up the pace. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Do you go there a lot, glenn  :confused: We've never been there. Pretty sure merc has mentioned before that he likes to go there & eat quite a bit though. Have had someone tell me that about their food recently too.
« Last Edit: May 05/04/23, 07:54:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind beat the ice up pretty good.  All of it came off the lake here yesterday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's open from the point all the way across the bay this morning too. So, it shouldn't be more than 2, maybe 3, days & our bay will be open as well. :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I go to the Wolf a lot but don't eat there too often as of late. I knew the first owner Tim real well, a Stearns county guy. The two that bought it from him had one of them an old Stearns county guy also.. Nice guys and when I did eat there it was very good. Heading up Monday so I'll get to check out the new owners now. I do most of my eating at the Pine Cone for breakfast, very good food there too. I better check out Rileys and Hayslips also as I am an equal participant at visiting the local establishments.    :happy1:   
« Last Edit: May 05/04/23, 10:57:39 AM by merc »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Merc.......when i was up a week ago they had missing persons poster up all over for you!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i haven't ate there in a couple years.......i usually dont go out to eat or bar hop up there.......no time!!!! my kid was  there last year...ordered a bacon cheeseburger.......1 slice of bacon and the burger itself wasnt all that good.

highbanks owners are really promoting the place!!!!!! hope too they turn it around!!!!1 :happy1:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Must have been Hayslips putting up the posters.    :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got just a little ice over in the NW corner of the bay today, so it should be clear by tomorrow. Looked at the satellite & the main lake looked much the same on yday's image. Could be some docks going in the lake here soon.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the webcams, the wind pushed ice up to Geigers, i dont see any ice at williams narrows, yea gunner the cam out of Lakewood.......shows the ice really disappeared yesterday!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind had the ice moving early yday & by ~ noon I couldn't see any out here. Might've been a bit in the NW corner though. The neighbor went down to the nursery across from GDP around 1 yday & when he came back there was 3 boats out on Little Cutfoot.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
for the past several days there's been ice in front of Geigers........looks like it disappeared this morning!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
read on bring me the news the little town of Emily Mn doesnt have a police dept for a while. guess the chief got busted for shoplifting some product that can make you high!!!!!!!!

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Fair amount of lakes around Rapids ice free. I'm working opener but there should be plenty of open water for the Gong show.

Kettle

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
read on bring me the news the little town of Emily Mn doesnt have a police dept for a while. guess the chief got busted for shoplifting some product that can make you high!!!!!!!!

I read that too.  Never heard of the stuff that he took.  Was a few hundred bucks worth it said. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well over $900 if I remember right...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The resort got their docks in the same day ours went in. Got the neighbor's in the next day & a couple more places up the road got theirs out yday too. Be a bit surprised if most aren't in by Sunday, now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so...yesterday i got the Jessie lake watershed Assoc newsletter. they've had issues with filling some vacancies within there board. i joined it last year after i found out they helped get the cabin lake restocked after i hounded the hell out of the DNR in grand rapids!!! :evil: :rotflmao:

i seen in the letter they filled some of the positions now but are now looking for 2 people to be on the board of directors. there's a fella from Arkansas that has a place on the lake that was on the board and moved up to the VP spot.  i've met him and talked to him now and then. i sent him an email inquiring about the time it takes up and the commitments these positions take up. the conversation is ongoing!!!!

i'm not sure i want to make to many commitments anymore????? :scratch: :doah: but thinking about one of them board of directors spots. i wasn't sure i'd be welcome after only being a 1 year member but he seems to think i'd be fine!!!!!! anyway something i'm thinking about doing......besides  another voice on the board for our little lake wouldnt hurt. I also know another cabin owner on the lake is also a member i talk to frequently is also a member!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brudder sent me this earlier. I need to start charging for my fishing expertise. I got a darn good idea where these came from. :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet that was fun.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet that was fun.
:happy1: nuttin better then sunfish fishing and even better eating sunfish........gotta be skin on scaled though!!!!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the webcams out earlier.a few boats out. didnt see gunner though!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 8 rigs parked on CR 35 @ 8:30, already, when I went to get minnows yday. :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There was 8 rigs parked on CR 35 @ 8:30, already, when I went to get minnows yday. :rolleyes:
:scratch: thats all?????? usually parked out on 35  opener!!!!!!!!

i would assume you got your minners at the bowstring store...........how where the situated for bait?????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I called just to be sure & she told me right away that the few shiners they had were gone early. Got there & she said they'd got more bait late Saturday. Those had a few shiners mixed in, but the trapper didn't sort 'em. I asked for a couple dozen fatheads & got 1 bigger scoop, which was a good count, for $6. Too many slimers here for me to care about shiners anyway. Tim told me once that their bait comes from by Blackduck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: well, there goes the neighborhood!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

i decided to take a run at the position of being a Jessie Lake Watershed Association board member. the other officers need to approve of it but sounds like there arent many beating on the door!!!!!

so.........with that being said...............i'm now accepting any and all cash donations for my campaign!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman