Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 709497 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw on the news that some parts of Beltrami County had 6 plus inches of rain.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
was just reading where Bemidji and the that area have some flooding!!!   not good...

Whoever posted that is should find something different to smoke or drink.  Big storm in Bemidji gave us about 20 drops of rain.   Wait I might have counted a couple on my hood twice.

sherrif reported it...  on kstp too

I wonder where KSTP got that info.  I know for a fact there is no flooding in Bemidji.   That report from June maybe ?   That was about the last time it rained up here.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It was NW of Bemidji. Grygla had serious flooding. Quite a ways from Bemidji.
« Last Edit: July 07/28/24, 08:41:06 AM by roony »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Figured I'd start HH with a bloody Mary or 2 before I lighten up the beer cooler for the trip hone! :happy1:

Oh and I thought I'd so Leech how us professionals start a campfire!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.facebook.com/BeltramiCountySheriff/

right here Scenic

Yeah that's about 90 miles from Bemidji.   Bemidji itself could use a good rain.  It's pretty dry. We got just a trace this morning but I think it evaporated as fast as it came down.
« Last Edit: July 07/28/24, 02:53:47 PM by Scenic »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Figured I'd start HH with a bloody Mary or 2 before I lighten up the beer cooler for the trip hone! :happy1:

Oh and I thought I'd so Leech how us professionals start a campfire!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a table to be had in Sportsmen's when we walked in just before noon yday. I was about to ask the group at the big table to the right of the door if they would mind if we sat with them. But then we see the guys at the table at the end of the counter getting up, so we grabbed that. Still in & out in 30-35 minutes. As usual the hot pork I had & the Philly sandwich my brother had were great. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/24, 05:53:50 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It doesn't look like a very big place. I always think of you when we drive by.  Will have to try it out sometime.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It doesn't look like a very big place. I always think of you when we drive by.  Will have to try it out sometime.
you WILL NOT be disappointed!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you WILL NOT be disappointed!!!!!!! :happy1:

might have to make a road trip!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We may be making a trip to Duluth in the future so will be going right by it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Make sure Gunner buys!! :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
FYI, no plastic accepted at this place only cash or checks. They do have an ATM, however, back by glenn's favorite place to hang out :evil:...................the bathroom. ;) :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
FYI, no plastic accepted at this place only cash or checks. They do have an ATM, however, back by glenn's favorite place to hang out :evil:...................the bathroom. ;) :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: when ya gotta go...ya gotta go!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

one of the gals that own the place doesnt live far from the cabin on cty rd 4. and so does one of her daughters. they must be doing Ok there, pretty nice place.....sure her hubby works to somewhere!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seems like you ALWAYS gotta go......................or at least should!! :sleazy: :nerd:       ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/09/24, 11:32:21 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so you fellers that live up that way......how have the deer and horseflies been. i expect some skeeters!!!!1

headed up monday. big JLWA meeting that saturday. i see where bear baiting started today....be interesting to see if there is any baiting activity around. gonna have to take a drive i guess!!!!! :happy1: 

think i'm gonna scratch off another lake i havent fished yet. rush island. checked  the lake finder and it intrigues me!!!!  :sleazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Lotsa Bullheads in that Lake huh??  :rotflmao: :happy1: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotsa Bullheads in that Lake huh??  :rotflmao: :happy1: :nerd:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

no sheepheads though!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mooning:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of pickling size northerns?

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, I don’t think the mosquitoes or flies have been too bad, at least not at my place. That can change quickly, but not many deer or horse flies snd a lot fewer mosquitoes than when we had all the rainy weather earlier this summer.
No bait, but I did have a bear run through the yard last Sunday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, I don’t think the mosquitoes or flies have been too bad, at least not at my place. That can change quickly, but not many deer or horse flies snd a lot fewer mosquitoes than when we had all the rainy weather earlier this summer.
No bait, but I did have a bear run through the yard last Sunday.
:happy1: thanks fishwidow. good to hear. i'll take a drive out and about when i'm up there. with all that long grass in the trails it wont take much to figure out if someone is going back in the woods this time of year!!!!!!

Roony, thats what i wanna find out. DNR lake finder makes it look promising. i talked  to a local up there said it can be a good panfish lake. my brother fished it got pike and eyes. i wouldnt mind a few over 26 either for boneless pike.  :happy1:

kinda why i'm going to it......a lake i havent fished before. back in the day when i deer hunted further back then i an now.....at times i could see the lake from my stand!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/16/24, 05:25:28 PM by glenn57 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a fun adventure.
« Last Edit: August 08/16/24, 07:27:28 PM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is great that you check out those other lakes.  Good for you.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've always wondered about the otta the way lakes up that way chasing grouse, just quiet and no boats, unlike our place...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is great that you check out those other lakes.  Good for you.
we always have on occasion went to different lakes, especially when we got our own boats.  :happy1: and when the cabin lake froze out we didnt really have much choice if we wanted to catch fish. dont get me wrong, i have a list of lakes not to bother going back too!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea boober......thats whats great about up there......so many little gems with barely any activity.............even less during the week!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :Fish: :Fish: 

and that new locator with the map chip............ :happybounce: :happybounce: :Clap:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my great Uncle and Aunt when they lived north of Cass Lake, he took me fishing on a lake he called Little Lost Lake...  it was great!!!   down in a low spot and had to walk in and down a hill!!  great fun!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my great Uncle and Aunt when they lived north of Cass Lake, he took me fishing on a lake he called Little Lost Lake...  it was great!!!   down in a low spot and had to walk in and down a hill!!  great fun!!!
:happy1: :happy1: right after high school me and 1 of my high school buddies would load up one of the small aluminum boats and go hit some of those small little lakes that really didnt have an access.......but that was when we were young  :scratch:........at least i can say.....i was on that lake!!!! :rotflmao: