Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 713820 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You two are even better buddies than I thought.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You two are even better buddies than I thought.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
What happens in Inger, stays in Inger...  :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: You been lookin at my seeds? :confused: :rolleyes:          :tut: :mooning:      ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: not a friggin chance bubba!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Weather terrorists have a frost on da punkins warning out for up there tonight into the morning   :shocked:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen that, they said 45 here for today too but we had 50. I haven't been out since early Monday, but the surface temps were still pushing 71 yet then. So, it has to still be near 70 & the hourly is saying 40 for a low here. We've consistently been 3- 5 degrees warmer every morning for about the last couple weeks.
« Last Edit: September 09/06/24, 02:46:50 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I had 8 today & the 1st :fish2: was another beauty. :cool: The last 4 were on the small side & went back right away. The 1st one was released at the dock, so I kept 3. I had 67.9 for surface temp.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Water is cooling off then. When I was up last water temp was 72 on the lakes I hit.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The weather guy last night was talking about nearly 2 weeks of temps around 80, with no rain. That will probably send the surface temps back up, I would think. :confused: Looks like the water level has dropped a couple inches in the last week or so IMO too.
« Last Edit: September 09/08/24, 11:32:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a nice breeze, ~5-6 mph, early & they were hungry. I had 9 nice fat fish all about the same size. :happy1: :cool: Wind went down 20-30 minutes before the sun came up though, still had a couple, but the action slowed down a bunch. None made it to the live well this time & I had 69 for a surface temp.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Eat your heart out chumps.  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The 9 I caught yday would've filled that pail too, if I hadn't let 'em all go. :sleazy: :mooning: :evil:      ;) :smiley:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Glenn,  although that little bass.... From opener through memorial all fish could get cut up, but from then on I  usually don't dirty a knife, they all go free. Just my way of giving back to the lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It came from a cold deep lake. Besides I won't eat bass... it's going to the wild game feed.  :happy1i needed to add a few inches to my total! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 70.5 for surface temp today, so that's up about 3* in the last week. Had more bites from the skeets than I did from the fish. Still managed 3 & the 1st 1 was another real nice 1. Had 1-9" gill too, but I left everything out there again today.
« Last Edit: September 09/12/24, 08:35:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 70.5 for surface temp today, so that's up about 3* in the last week. Had more bites from the skeets than I did from the fish. Still managed 3 & the 1st 1 was another real nice 1. Had a 19" gill too, but I left everything out there again today.
I think I would mount a 19 inch bluegill
 Wow!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Had 70.5 for surface temp today, so that's up about 3* in the last week. Had more bites from the skeets than I did from the fish. Still managed 3 & the 1st 1 was another real nice 1. Had a 19" gill too, but I left everything out there again today.
I think I would mount a 19 inch bluegill
 Wow!
:rotflmao: metoo.  I think it was 1-9" inch gill.  ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :doah: roony....................... are you tryin to be more like glenn?  :confused:   ;) :smiley:  Better now? :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 09/12/24, 08:41:46 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It's people like you that are Destroying the planet!!!  :angry:

I don't know how, it just seems like the thing to say on the internet now?  :confused:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that everyone's goal?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't know how, it just seems like the thing to say on the internet now?  :confused:
:scratch: huh I ain't seen it said anywhere. How is posting a picture of fish destroying the planet.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: huh I ain't seen it said anywhere. How is posting a picture of fish destroying the planet.
I said "I don't know how, it just seems like the thing to say on the internet now"  You need to watch more YouTube. Folks on there are blaming someone else for climate change for everything!   :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've eaten my share of bass over the years.  Don't anymore. They were as good as any other fish.  Even rock bass. Noone could tell them from any other pan fish.   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think its true of pretty much any fish - it all depends on how you clean it, store it, and prepare it.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard the neighbor outside early yday, so I walked over to see if he'd help us move ours as he has 1 just like it, only bigger. Went down to looked at his lift & he said it looked to him like the lake was down 6" since we'd moved his. His has a ruler on 1 of his front posts so he can keep at the right depth easier. Ours went out to the end of our dock yday & the 3 of us were easily able to just push it out there. :happy1: :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds about what it is like here on the river too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well.back home. fishing was good, weather was great...........bugs behaved themselves. cant ask for more!!!!! kinda a bummer though......brought the boat home!!!  :pouty:

HEY BOOBER............heading back up OCT 10th....... :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
well.back home. fishing was good, weather was great...........bugs behaved themselves. cant ask for more!!!!! kinda a bummer though......brought the boat home!!!  :pouty:

HEY BOOBER............heading back up OCT 10th....... :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh I'm sure you'll remind us another 7 times... :mooning: ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh I'm sure you'll remind us another 7 times... :mooning: ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: