Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635616 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No ice in the bay. :happy1: Some life over at the Cutfoot netting station early on , nothin when we came home. Detoured by Winnie Dam on the way back, looked a little white there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so i just read in the local newspaper a couple guys from the foley area have court dates in grand rapids in the near future. one of them owns a cabin in the area. apparently these guys where setting snares that were illegal in many forms. the wardens had cameras up and were watching them.  they had illegally harvested deer, bear, timberwolves, and cuyotes with these snares. also found a dead beaver with a bullet to the head which is illegal. these snares are supposedly to be checked every day and for one stretch they had not been checked for 11 months.

according to the article this occurred south of northome in the alvwood area, home of da hoot-n-holler!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Plans are set... Headed up weekend after da opener!! :bow: :bow:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect, we'll be headin back south middle of the week prior. ;) :laugh:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
better let Merc know so he can get his bon fire wood!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
better let Merc know so he can get his bon fire wood!!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Dock's in, decking on, lift in, all before lunch. :happy1: :cool: No boat or canopy on the lift yet, maybe tomorrow. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dock's in, decking on, lift in, all before lunch. :happy1: :cool: No boat or canopy on the lift yet, maybe tomorrow. :scratch:
yea ya most certainly dont wanna overdue it!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
One nice thing about being retired is I can get fire wood during the week when it's quiet up there.     :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got that right merc, kinda like :fishing: for me, I can go when I want :scratch: to instead of whenever I'm able to get up here & the weather's crappy.  Which  as we all know, is usually when the union guy's around. :bonk: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Think we made 82* yday, nice enough for a wheeler ride down to the PA by us, was able to see a few very small spots of ice left. Bet it's gone now. Listen you little blue mushroom eater :moon:, when's the last time you put 50' of dock out, bet I spent 3 hours with the waders on & in the water. Not sure what temp the water is now but I was afraid I might start turnin a little blue myself & somebody would mistake me for you. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/09/18, 07:15:52 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got that right merc, kinda like :fishing: for me, I can go when I want :scratch: to instead of whenever I'm able to get up here & the weather's crappy.  Which is as we all know, is usually when the union guy's around. :bonk: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Think we made 82* yday, nice enough for a wheeler ride down to the PA by us, was able to see a few very small spots of ice left. Bet it's gone now. Listen you little blue mushroom eater :moon:, when's the last time you put 50' of dock out, bet I spent 3 hours with the waders on & in the water. Not sure what temp the water is now but I was afraid I might start turnin a little blue myself & somebody would mistake me for you. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well that crappy weather keeps the rif-raf at home!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

off to red wing today!

morning   :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin 57, I see Geiger's got some of their dock in.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it back. Friday went to Winnie got skunked. didn't see many fish caught. talked to some fishermen, said blue jigs and shiners go figure we used fatheads and nite crawlers. later that day went to a little secret lake, caught lot of little nords didn't keep many.
sat......wind was blowing like nutz and some rain........in the afternoon went back to secret lake....spent 6 hours on the lake and 3 keepers.
sunday went to little sand and big sand........kept 18 snot rockets for picklin. put boat in our lake, caught lots of little sunfish. didnt keep none.
also heard a boat capsized out on bowstring sat morning. i couldnt imagine being on a big body of water that day

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey MERC, I gathered all the sqeeters at Peterson and dropped them off by your driveway!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: any idea when they put that fence up on little Ranier!!! :confused: :confused:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey MERC, I gathered all the sqeeters at Peterson and dropped them off by your driveway!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: any idea when they put that fence up on little Ranier!!! :confused: :confused:
Dont worry Merc you'll have some skeeters BUT glenn57 will have all the flies follow him back to Petterson or ColdSprings!!!!!!! Thats a win win trade eh? :confused: :mooning:
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone got any idea what kind of flower this is. Thought it might be a lady slipper but don't think it is. It was growing in a bog.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ran across this feller this weekend. Still growing to. She was laying eggs it appeared.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone got any idea what kind of flower this is. Thought it might be a lady slipper but don't think it is. It was growing in a bog.
Is it a pitcher plant??
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is it a pitcher plant??
not sure what you mean???? there had to be 30 of them growing in that bog. we fish that lake and never seen them before. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Sarracenia purpurea - purple pitcher plant.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sarracenia purpurea - purple pitcher plant.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: tanks bud!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Tom7227

• Outdoorsman
Dew2  I can't figure out how to send you a message.  Please write me at Tom72272@gmail.com to get some info on the bunk material you wrote about a short time ago.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tom, just click on his name, a drop menu will appear, then click send PM

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Dew2  I can't figure out how to send you a message.  Please write me at Tom72272@gmail.com to get some info on the bunk material you wrote about a short time ago.
Tom I sent a PM.At the top of the page click on MY MESSAGES

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, sorry I missed your post about Lt. Ranier and by the way you can have your skeeters back as I didn't need any more. They put a fence up about three years ago and the township made them take it down as it was next to the road. I heard he was getting a lawyer to fight that and maybe that's why it's back up. I don't understand how he can put a fence up that close to the road and the lake but who knows. I'm going up Monday and I'll check it out and ask around if anyone knows what happened. I fished it a couple of times and all we got were small panfish but I heard there are some nice northern in there. I'll let you know what I find out. Have a great day.     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks.....just curious. the fence is in the water a ways. yea we really had to weed thru the sunfish but man did we get some nice pike spearing it. I seen one that had to go 20 lbs swim thru just beyond my hole and right below the ice.

we didn't know it froze out, an olde guy came and talked to my buddy he said that spring he had 3 pike as long as his walking cane dead on his shore. put them in his garden for fertilizer.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I never heard it froze out lately. When did this happen?