Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635326 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I never heard it froze out lately. When did this happen?
awe man that hadda be 20 years ago or so. it was back when i was younger and hopping from lake to lake every other day and cutting spear holes was easy!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I did a lot of spearing up there when I was young, that was more than 20 years ago.    :rotflmao:   There were some really good lakes up there back then.  Now it's tough to find a lake with any decent size norts.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy crap, my mom and her husband are at the cabin. I hope there ok I haven't seen those colors on radar in a long time..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
oooh!  :shocked: They be gettin' the nasty stuff right now....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't ever remember when that little town of spring lake has been listed in the warning but it is now. Been a long time since I seen colors like that to on radar. Now listed as a dangerous T-storm. UGH. I sure hope there ok.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It hit here at 6:30 & I couldn't even see 5' out the basement window. The last weather warning that came across the tv said the storm was moving at 75 mph & had 75 mph winds. When I could finally see out to our shoreline the top of flagpole was rockin back & forth 2-3'. It sounds like the rain has let up some in the last couple minutes. We had a power glitch but it came right back on & the generator never kicked on. Bet it made your new shed project into a mudhole, 57. Haven't seen a storm up here like that in a very long time. We had a little rain yday afternoon, 2:00-3:00, but when we got back from the septic seminar around 8 we had less than .2" in our gauges.                 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope all is well with you guys. Thought crap that bad only happened down here....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Worst was over in about an hour, .8-.9" of rain in that hour, big wind didn't last very long :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mom actually sent me a text back. :shocked: :shocked: she said the samething. all is fine and had an inch of rain. bet fishin wont be to good today!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another round last night, light show started ~ 2:00, a hard rain started ~ 2:30. It sounded like it let up some around 3:30 but didn't quit until closer to 4, I think. Nowhere near the wind of a night before but we had twice the rain, 1.9" in one of the gauges. Pushin 3" the last 2 nights, so, 57, when you do come up next time make sure you don't forget the bug spray.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I always come prepared for bugs up there!! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: lakes could use extra water, besides that gives the fishies a fighting chance when I'm pursuing them. :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The only chance the fish need when you pursue them is a hammock to take a nap in.... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/30/18, 10:58:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The only chance the fish need when you pursue them is a hammock to take a nap in.... :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the cabin is going to be a busy place. brother, his kid and mom are going to be there starting thursday this week and most of the following week, i think i will be going up friday the 13th and back home the following monday. AND maybe the shed will be done!!!!!!

if i dont go then it will be mid Aug!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With another round of rain overnight & later today, along with talk of some tomorrow as well, it gonna be pretty wet. Bugs will love it though. We're pushin 3 1/2" since Friday ~ 6:30. Took a wheeler ride over to the NW PA on Bowstring yday & the DNR's decon unit was sittin there. Got  :bs:'in with the young guy & told him I just came over to see if the dock was under water. :scratch: He said that they'd just moved it a bit shallower earlier.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
With another round of rain overnight & later today, along with talk of some tomorrow as well, it gonna be pretty wet. Bugs will love it though. We're pushin 3 1/2" since Friday ~ 6:30. Took a wheeler ride over to the NW PA on Bowstring yday & the DNR's decon unit was sittin there. Got  :bs:'in with the young guy & told him I just came over to see if the dock was under water. :scratch: He said that they'd just moved it a bit shallower earlier.
so you visited with your pal from Max again~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

its a good thing mom da brudder and his kid are gonna be up there prior to me next week, they can feed and kill dem sqeeters and bugs before i get there!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/03/18, 08:09:07 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, you don't read very good does you. ;) :laugh: I said the DNR's decon unit, your buddy Brian was with the county's decon unit. At this rate it might be September before it dries out enough to start finishing puttin up that shed, maybe done by  :bambi: season.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I might find out something by Friday. people are headed that way tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

oh and that's selective reading for you!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brudder just sent me a text of the generator. Must not have power. Been watching, they look like they gave had bad weather all day. And I'm no where close to there!! :mooning: :mooning: :moon: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was wonderin if'n you'd heard anything? :doah: No your not any where close but........................................... YOUR THINKIN/WISHIN ABOUT BEING UP HERE & we all know that's good enough. :bonk: :tut: ;) :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Was wonderin if'n you'd heard anything? :doah: No your not any where close but........................................... YOUR THINKIN/WISHIN ABOUT BEING UP HERE & we all know that's good enough. :bonk: :tut: ;) :laugh:
  :tut: :tut: :tut: he said according to the power company, they should have power by sometime tonight.

strangely enough, he sent no fish pictures. :scratch: which points to the fact he cant catch fish either unless i show him how and where!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenn, must be a family thing. Your brother goes up and there's bad weather. What's going to happen when your both up there? Gunner, dig a storm shelter quick!     :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: ha ha. Only time we usually are up there together is first weekend of deer hunting. We tend to leave each other have there time. Once in a great while during ice season, but then most of the day we are in our own houses or in cabin sleeping.

If we are together to much I have to teach him a thing or two!! training-087 training-087 :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't hardly believe it ;) but it looks to me like they(Bemidji) took all the rain out of the forecast, now, for your weekend glenn. :scratch: I wouldn't bet on it though, 57, as crazy as our weather's been & knowin what usually happens when your up here. The wind has went to the W/NW this morning so it should feel a little cooler today.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't hardly believe it ;) but it looks to me like they(Bemidji) took all the rain out of the forecast, now, for your weekend glenn. :scratch: I wouldn't bet on it though, 57, as crazy as our weather's been & knowin what usually happens when your up here. The wind has went to the W/NW this morning so it should feel a little cooler today.
divine intervention!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i get a text from my brother sayng he is getting a bid for electric in the shed!!!!! :angry2: :bonk: :confused: training-087 :banghead: when i brought it up it wasnt gonna be done till down the road!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :pouty: i've had it with that building and i aintz even seen it yet!!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Please explain.  No understand boaranese. Storage shed?  Lights? Ya...... :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Please explain.  No understand boaranese. Storage shed?  Lights? Ya...... :bonk:
ders no boaraneze spell in ani of mes post. follow along web...........wead weel slowwwwwwwwwwww!  :rotflmao:

against my view the other s decided we neede a big shed up at the cabin. i said why so we can bring more junk up there. well anyway there's a shed. i asked about putting electricity in it, my mom said not now, later. ok so fine, then i asked about putting up a workbench in there  to work on things as we really dont have but a picnic table. moms reply was.......well i dont know are we gonna have room.  :doofus: :doofus: its a 48 X 42 shed!!!! :crazy: :confused: about then i'm ready to blow the friggin thing up, said i was done with it. i aint paying for it so..........

so then enter this morning, my MOMs favorite, my brother, is up there send me a text that he is getting a qoute for electricity and asked if i had suggestions!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: thge only thing we managed to agree on is that a part of the shed, the rafters are going to be reenforced to hang all my deer, bear and fish from!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: